PDA

View Full Version : PSPlayerMT for PSP (Support avi res up to 480x272 with 29.97fps) by a korean guys.

miemt11
March 16th, 2006, 06:48
PSPlayerMT = Playstation Portable Player Media Test
PSPlayerMT for PSP (Support avi res up to 480x272 with 29.97fps) by a korean guys.

A Audio/Video Media player for PSP can capable of running 480x272 full screen video with almost no framedrop.

It may have a simple GUi but the video performance is wonderful

You got to try it.

It support the following extenion and format

1: avi, mov, mp4, ogm, mkv, nut, asf, wmv, mp3, m4a, wma, ogg, asf, wav, ram

2: MPEG1/2/DVD/VOB/4 video(divx, xvid), Windows media video, Ogg theora, Mpeg audio(MP2, MP3, AAC), AC3, OGG, Windows media audio and Real Video

How to use the program

Left Shoulder - play from beginning
Right Shoulder - Go to PSPlayerMT Menu
circle - select the file and play
triangle - zoom the video
square - displays info video time and speed
left dpad - fast rewind
right dpad - fast forward
start - pause the video during playback
L1+R1+START- Back to PSP system menu

source http://search.dreamwiz.com/cgi-bin/ruli.cgi?where=0&q=PSPlayerMT&x=0&y=0

download via comments

also post your result and comment at here

LC_killer
March 16th, 2006, 07:38
this is pretty damn good!!! no more transcoding videos...YAY!! check it out.

imhere15
March 16th, 2006, 07:54
http://ruliweb2.dreamwiz.com/ruliboard/list.htm?table=util_psp&sort2=&main=psp&left=j&time=0&find=subject&ftext=psplayer

'This software sets explicitly PSP clock to 333MHz. It may brick your PSP due to high clock frequency. Be cautious.
Dont upload this software other than ruliweb at any case.'

Sterist
March 16th, 2006, 08:12
lol whoever made that quote is on cwack. running a CPU at its factory speed (not Sony-underclocked 222) couldnt possibly brick a psp lol....... and since when does a movie player access flash

smashly
March 16th, 2006, 08:22
this is pretty damn good!!! no more transcoding videos...YAY!! check it out.
hmmmm..

(Support avi res up to 480x272 with 29.97fps)
?

From a quick test , I think your still going to need to transcode/encode your vids down to an acceptable tolorence for them to play. Unless you actually already have your vids in 480x272 @29.97fps. Could be wrong, but higher res vids or other frame rates just shutdown my PSP when i tried.
Must admit it plays vids quite well when they are within the specs.. All Good :)

The corrupted icon is hidden when i use:
(26 spaces)
PSPlay 1and
PSPlay~1%for the folder naming convention.

Thank You &
Cheers

T-2000
March 16th, 2006, 08:23
@ miemt11 when will u release "simple" with full DVD encode ?.. afterall it is march....lol

slickrik
March 16th, 2006, 08:45
Ahh a mass media player for the psp at last !!! - but i still need to resize most my avi files so i will stick with pmp for now until they up the resolution. Keep up the good work

cancan
March 16th, 2006, 08:57
hmmmm..

?

From a quick test , I think your still going to need to transcode/encode your vids down to an acceptable tolorence for them to play. Unless you actually already have your vids in 480x272 @29.97fps. Could be wrong, but higher res vids or other frame rates just shutdown my PSP when i tried.

Cheers
Higher resolution just shutdown the psp, so you have to convert the file in 480 (max) and/or 272 (max).
I used more fps than 30 and it works great (I just had to change the resolution)
Thanks a lot for this program.

FIRE
March 16th, 2006, 08:58
It need some fixes ;P

T-2000
March 16th, 2006, 09:11
i used winmenc and the AVI ini file encode to 480x272 or 208 if u want borders and it looked just like PMP im still trying different options to find which is actually better.. as in audio sync. etc

dOOmy
March 16th, 2006, 09:21
Thanks dude this is just what I have been waiting for. All the other "programmers" say programming is hard and the only way to watch videos on psp is to encode them into some weird format. thanks for being smarter than all the others. Just download movies, transfer them to your psp and watch them. Its that simple.
yoo rock

cancan
March 16th, 2006, 09:25
This is not nice for the others.
I really enjoyed having PMPMod installed.
Encoding the movies in the PMP format was not such a big deal, and you could really adjust the quality and the size to what you wanted to have in the PSP.
The problems remains the same here, you still have to convert the movie to the PSP screen format, you just have one step less to do.

T-2000
March 16th, 2006, 09:25
dOOmy so true, but to really see the potential 480x272 is a must..

smashly
March 16th, 2006, 09:30
Thank You cancan , no prob with getting it to work , was just pointing out that it's not a case of drop in any old avi to the ms and it's gunna play...
Most my xvid/mp3 DVD rips I've done are in 25fps (PAL) and at higher res (and I wouldn't expect PSP to play em no matter some1 codes, mind you PMP Mod comes dang close)
But hey it's a very impressive player and I look forward to giving a good test/thrashing when I get home from work..

cancan
March 16th, 2006, 09:59
I totally agree this is a program I always wanted to have.
The only thing is that saying that this program is great is good but it was not necessary to blame the others dev not having found the same solution to play the file without conversion. Maybe without them and without them releasing the source code this program would not been created at all. That's it but I'm maybe over-reacting here, sorry for that.

dOOmy
March 16th, 2006, 10:09
Watched "Failure to Launch" on it and it played great, cept no pause gonna try "Firewall " next

T-2000
March 16th, 2006, 10:10
start button pauses.. if thts what u mean

T-2000
March 16th, 2006, 10:11
it needs a volume control like PMPMod has..

Fanjita
March 16th, 2006, 10:21
http://ruliweb2.dreamwiz.com/ruliboard/list.htm?table=util_psp&sort2=&main=psp&left=j&time=0&find=subject&ftext=psplayer

'This software sets explicitly PSP clock to 333MHz. It may brick your PSP due to high clock frequency. Be cautious.
Dont upload this software other than ruliweb at any case.'

Cool achievement.

But isn't this file being mirrored here against the author's wishes?

Moning2
March 16th, 2006, 10:45
****ing awesome it works on my 2.01 :cool: :cool:

hotdamn what awesome quality :D

does anybody have an aac codec for virtualdub ? i cant find any :confused:

T-2000
March 16th, 2006, 13:39
Cool achievement.

But isn't this file being mirrored here against the author's wishes?

Not sure id find the right file on Ruliweb

mchaggis211
March 16th, 2006, 14:02
well looks like johnny over at pmpmod is going to have some competition
could this spark a new update to the pmpmod player....lets just wiat an see

Eleetist
March 16th, 2006, 14:10
Looks like this is a big one for the 2.xxs. They'll finally be able to enjoy the same quality we've been getting with PMPmod. Really nice.

piecefull
March 16th, 2006, 14:18
So whats the conclusion PMPmod or this?
I prefer PMP it has more options.

T-2000
March 16th, 2006, 14:24
So whats the conclusion PMPmod or this?

i knew someone would ask this..lol

hard to say at the moment cause it needs a fewbugs sorting, but to watch yer AVI's in high res is great, really does need a volume control like pmpmod, cause i tryed coding from Vob with a high volume setting and its still quite low.. im gonna use both till i find which is best.. PMPmod is a little unpredictable,ive used the same settings on movies and sometimes i get an open audio error, so god knows.. best thing is try it yerself and lets us know what u think..

Moning2
March 16th, 2006, 14:24
if pmpmod would be 2.01+ compatible it would me much more apreciated because a lot of users have 2.01+ :)

piecefull
March 16th, 2006, 14:39
yeap pmp mod gives me a sync problem on certain movies, and ive been following the guide by edwardfma. I guess we cant have everything, but it would sure be nice.
Thanx

frmariam
March 16th, 2006, 14:45
Now this is something I wanted for a long time! And it works on 2.0+!

Now I can watch movies I download via PSP browser right away! And also the mp4 movies I have without exiting the eLoader! I will no longer have to reencode those small funny vids and other stuff to watch them!

Ok you may want more quality for your movies/series/anime and stuff but the 480x272 avi with a good framerate look awesome! And I can whach those too in the PC with any media player.

mickmils
March 16th, 2006, 15:30
How do you get it to work ?

I tried with 2 DivXs I had at hand, both of them ... switched off the PSP.

Pedal Bike Pete
March 16th, 2006, 15:35
awsome program, works on my 2.60 psp with the gta loader. w00t w00t! :D

Moning2
March 16th, 2006, 15:35
not all movies work and those movies i encoded with sony's psp media manager go totally mayhem when played with this player, but i have re encoded them to full screen format, much better :D

verstappenpsp
March 16th, 2006, 15:38
To confirm it works on a white japanese psp with firmware 2.6 and USA GTA

I have just played two iPod files. one m4a music file and a mp4

This also has now made an iPod lover convert to PSP as its prefferd media player.

If i could speak korean I would send this guy a personal thank you.

residentour
March 16th, 2006, 15:58
Does this program support subtitles?

T-2000
March 16th, 2006, 16:03
the fast forward / rewind option not to good, seems to take for ever..

Shapyi
March 16th, 2006, 16:11
This is a cool find. Does the author have an official site or are the new releases just through that board?

kalo
March 16th, 2006, 16:13
fine! sometimes pushing L/R make your movie jump back/forward 10 minutes. only sometimes... but still great!

Moning2
March 16th, 2006, 18:56
hey its the first release, there will probably be updates

felonyr301
March 16th, 2006, 19:03
wow great but its not perfect and you still have to convert videos if the videos is higher than 480x272 ( just for the noobs it also mean videos that go higher in any side like 480x360 wont work either lol) hmm i say its really good for the people stuck with firmware 2.0+ cause now they got full res videos but me ill stick with pmp- like to convert videos thats lower res to the maximum res for the psp anyways. but good job never the less. loving this homebrew scene just makes me wanna know how to code just to help out.

montezuma
March 16th, 2006, 20:18
This is excellent. Recoding from Divx to Divx in vdub is so much easier than using the PMP-verters! Works beautifully!

spudweb521
March 16th, 2006, 22:00
This App Is Great

felonyr301
March 16th, 2006, 23:18
what do you mean divx to divx in vdub is easier whats all that about?

Madonion
March 16th, 2006, 23:45
I have anime in OGM format and it doesnt work :o

oninotsume
March 17th, 2006, 01:29
I haven't tried the video at all, but I've been waiting forever for an mp4a player. I hated having to convert all my files again just to listen to them on the PSP.

Thanks for making it possible. Great work :D

LAMPRO
March 17th, 2006, 07:42
This is a nice alternative to the usual.

Now I can run the wmv, avi and mov's that i have, as stated here on dcemu- but how can I mess with the resolution of these avi and wmv files I have- I've been trying to convert without losing any quality or gaining any file size, but to no avail. Need some guidance here.. any leads?

What are you guys using to change the resolution of a wmv file- and one other question- I have some files- full movies in a wierd format- for example "findingnimo.avi_ppc.wmv" this was made for my phone but i want to transfer it to the psp and use it with this new app- I need to make the resolution change with these as well!! Give me some tips!!

Just added a mpeg and it worked. Small file. nice quality, zoom is great. Some of the wmv dont work, some avi dont work. Even ones with a smaller res than the max allowed dont work. I wonder why.. still a bit buggy out eh? Great start to a great needed app for 1.5ers/ keep crackin it!! The next release needs a buggy fixxy!! But trial and error and you can have a bunch of movies in small files that are viewable. No more half gig movies in mp4/thm layout. How about 166mb for the avi full movie? Im like woah on that. Need that. I wanna fit a bunch more in the same space as my 1 MP4. Please continue Korean Guys!!

Anyone have any tips please post!!!!!

miemt11
March 17th, 2006, 10:27
I run throught couple more test, on this great PSP software.

I found out that.

1: aac/aac+/aac+2 (Currently this is the only software that support aacPlus V2)

for those who not sure of what is aacPlus V2

http://www.codingtechnologies.com/products/assets/aacPlus_superset.gif

http://www.codingtechnologies.com/products/assets/3GPP_mushra_18_48kbps_2.gif

http://www.codingtechnologies.com/products/assets/ebu_test_48kbps_2.gif

http://www.codingtechnologies.com/products/aacPlus.htm

2: wma (You not need firmware 2.6)
3: mpeg-1 (But not direct VCD format DAT)
4: mpeg-2 / VOB - DVD format

I try to put a DVD.vob file on my PSP, and it really play DVD format with out converting the video to divx or xvid :p . (But your video must be 480x272 or below)

5: real video format (but only the limited to the old format ram file)

crusadores
March 17th, 2006, 10:52
Hello guys!

I used WinMenc 0.5xx Beta for converting a .MP4 to avi and it worked fine.
Also reducing a .AVI resolution to 320x240 (and downsampling MP3 to 112) worked fine and fast.
This is an excellent start for a homebrew application.

Wish List:

1. FF/RW must be smoother
2. Volume booster
3. GUI
4. A new PMP version ;)

Generally one must reduce the resolution to get it to work, and this is done faster than PSP Simple Converter or PMPVerter for PMP.

Lets not forget that the guy who wrote this homebrew is just starting and we must encourage him as much as we can. So...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

noob27
March 17th, 2006, 13:27
Hi

Ahs this porgram bricked anyones psp yet?

conorps
March 17th, 2006, 14:00
how do you download this?

Moning2
March 18th, 2006, 13:05
last two posters, please die

Hawkeyefile
March 21st, 2006, 02:41
could someone translate the readme file?

Hawkeyefile
March 21st, 2006, 02:43
hmm i seem to be having probs loading audio files. it says: waiting for video to be initialized then it goes back to the browser.

smashly
March 21st, 2006, 11:24
After playing with PSPlayerMT for a few days and actually throwing as many tests as I can at it , This Player Rocks for ease of use with avi. (XviD 2pass @ 480x272 @ 25FPS @ 700-1100kbps/44100khz@128MP3CBR/Audioboost220% was a nice result in playback for me, even my xbox plays this back fine on my lo res TV).

Wonder why there's no mention of the volume controls the players got , after boosting sound in my encodes I found the audio still to soft to hear without headphones or plugged up to powered speakers. Then I read that you can boost the sound upto to 8x (hold square or circle, not sure which button, and D-pad left or right, doesn't work while movie's paused, haven't tried this yet as I'm stuck at work while the PSP is at home)... Doh ..lol.

Now if the author would add wifi support and skinning abilities for the browser then this player would be the best there is to offer for PSP. (4 me anyways)...All Good

Cheers

adibadie
March 21st, 2006, 19:25
hey, ive tried to launch it but it didnt work...
i get the error message saying this game could not bla bla bla...
btw my fw is psp 1.0 japanese version...
erkzz..its really confusing me...
coz everytime i tried to launch it, my psp freezes...
any help guy?
thanx in advance!!!

Hawkeyefile
March 22nd, 2006, 15:48
After playing with PSPlayerMT for a few days and actually throwing as many tests as I can at it , This Player Rocks for ease of use with avi. (XviD 2pass @ 480x272 @ 25FPS @ 700-1100kbps/44100khz@128MP3CBR/Audioboost220% was a nice result in playback for me, even my xbox plays this back fine on my lo res TV).

Wonder why there's no mention of the volume controls the players got , after boosting sound in my encodes I found the audio still to soft to hear without headphones or plugged up to powered speakers. Then I read that you can boost the sound upto to 8x (hold square or circle, not sure which button, and D-pad left or right, doesn't work while movie's paused, haven't tried this yet as I'm stuck at work while the PSP is at home)... Doh ..lol.

Now if the author would add wifi support and skinning abilities for the browser then this player would be the best there is to offer for PSP. (4 me anyways)...All Good

Cheers

dont you mean the pmp muxer?

Wally
March 22nd, 2006, 23:07
This has been around for a while...

Davidov
May 7th, 2006, 02:52
I'd love an update on this app. I'm using this on 1.5 fw to watch those mp4 avc files. It works but plays for a second...stops for a second, then repeats that pattern.
If left on pause for a moment then the AVC file plays back smoothly for a few seconds then goes back to its jittery low framerate.
If that problem could be cured and the addition of more features such as volume control then I'd be a happy chap.

kimbonious
June 11th, 2006, 08:52
ok any news on this? Does anyone know the author?? I love this program, have some .mov's that i can't recode (tried vdub, nero, pspvideo9, and quicktime) they all say wrong format, i can watch them with this program but It's is still so buggy, any news would be greatly appreciated.

SteveV2
June 30th, 2006, 20:48
Hi,

1st post here. Just thought i'd say i'm having success with a program called,

PocketDivXEncoder_v0.3.50

It will encode any Divx/Xvid film (not tried anything else) to your required res in roughly 17 minutes.

I can get a 1.4 gig film down too 200meg and good quality.

The sound seems to be a bit hit and miss, but i'm not too sure if it's this player of just the encoded film. The films I did are silentish, but I have a few cartoon that I DLed and they are very loud.

Great site chaps and chapesses :D

RaiderX
August 2nd, 2006, 07:41
I cant believe how any people overlook this amazing program!

When this first got released, I read the codec support list and downloaded it sooo fast! It supports so many formats and it works great! I havent had any real bugs with the program and Ive used it for quite a few months now.

md2
August 2nd, 2006, 09:45
well, it does great with videos, but i was unable to get it to play flac files, files whic coolplayer plays just fine...

now coolplayer benefits from overclocking, and that might have been an issue with the psplayermt, but i couldnt get flac to work. ditto for ogg.

jim80b
August 2nd, 2006, 10:17
hi everyone,

try running this after loading IR shell.
set the nethosts to MS0: and load psplayermt it does stream from another source....

it works fine with my nas running nethostfs and vids within the specs.

xplizit
August 5th, 2006, 20:55
i'm getting a weird problem with this...

i played some .mpgs fine yesterday. tried to play an avi today and the app wouldn't work. ("game could not be started" message)
so i had a look in my game folder and the eboot file in the PSPlayerMT folder had disappeared (the one in PSPlayerMT% is still there) and some weird files have appeared. weird fielnames like "ðástrf.(" one of which is over 800mb big and i can't get rid of them. when i try from the pc it says the file doesn't exist and i also tried from fileassistant++ on the psp and it crashed when i opened the PSPlayerMT folder.
any idea why this might have happened and what i can do apart from reformatting the mem stick? this pc is crap and it would take ages to copy all the stuff over and back with usb1
cheers

mavsman4457
August 9th, 2006, 04:38
Whenever I try to play a movie it starts with the number thing going up and then it freezes and crashes. I have no idea what is wrong.

jim80b
August 9th, 2006, 16:22
the player only supports "Support avi res up to 480x272 with 29.97fps"
check the video source

mavsman4457
August 9th, 2006, 16:34
It was 352x288. Thanks.

masterof14
October 19th, 2006, 20:18
i'm new in psp hacks and homebrew and i would like to know how can i run PSPlayerMT Video Player PSP in my psp system i've already passed both folders and only one to the GAME folder in the psp but it says "This game cannot be started The data is corrupted" if someone culd help me i would be thankfull

jim80b
October 20th, 2006, 14:13
you need a 1.5 psp...

ish420ism
April 24th, 2007, 08:18
download this one more time.
???Final Post???

ish420ism
April 24th, 2007, 08:20
download this one more time.

It be great for the app to be picked up by someone to improved. I ain't got the knowhow

???Final Post???

BloodLust8
April 24th, 2007, 11:16
can't wait to try this

Apoklepz
April 24th, 2007, 15:00
Anybody know if this thig supports any kind of picture format as a background for the file browsing interface? Also, what would I call it?

BTW, I'm getting a vertical pink line off the left of the screen with full res 480 x 272 Mp4(AVC) movies...not that big a deal since the PSP originally plays this format already XP, but I just wanted to point this out.

All this thing needs is PMP compatibility to be the best media player....Oh wait, It already is!

mavsman4457
April 24th, 2007, 19:42
Someone needs to improve this program so that it supports any framerate and so it supports any size of video. Even Sony has those features. Once it gets those features it will be the ultimate media application. Once it is implemented as a plugin for the custom firmware then it will be the perfect media solution and the custom firmware will take another step towards perfection.

rbervoets
April 25th, 2007, 07:58
nice!!

cwookrn3225
June 6th, 2007, 21:20
everytime i try to use it, it says "The Game cannot be started. The data is corrupted"

i have a 3.40 oe-a and i put it in my game150 folder..

any help?

2b-e-king
May 22nd, 2008, 13:43
I copied it to my Memorystick allready but it sad that file corrupt. Plzzzz. Help me. I got firmware 3.90 M33-3

jorge10928
June 30th, 2008, 07:59
I copied it to my Memorystick allready but it sad that file corrupt. Plzzzz. Help me. I got firmware 3.90 M33-3

make sure your kernel is 1.50