PDA

View Full Version : PSPsetX 0.3 for v2.0 PSP Firmware

wraggster
March 16th, 2006, 18:16
Placa (http://teamemergencyexit.blogspot.com/) posted a new release:

After got a lot of emails, I finally decided to update PSPsetX. Well the only Change is that you can now fake 3.0. I didn't test it but it should work. Maybe you are now able to play 2.60 required games on a 2.00 PSP =)

Godknows how you can fake an unreleased firmware but we shall see, please read the readme on this release, it isnt for newbs.

Download via comments

D0N
March 16th, 2006, 18:34
Kool! i'll jus update my 1.50 psp to 2.00 to try this out and then downgrade it agen lol

felonyr301
March 16th, 2006, 18:43
tell me if it works ?

PSPh4ck3rCMD
March 16th, 2006, 19:06
of course its made for 2.00 and btw does anybody know if pspset for 1.5 works on 2.00 and is it safe for 2.00( is it garenteed to brick it or do some thing bad to it) because i want to change my xmb names. oh and if ur watching this placa could u make me a custome pspsetx so i can fake the firm to think its 3.00 but says custome (or however u spell it) 2.00?

frmariam
March 16th, 2006, 20:03
No the regular PSPset is not safe in 2.0+...

Fanjita blocked it in the eLoader config to avoid n00b bricking of PSP all over. Stick with the PSPsetX (which was made only for 2.0 and wasn't tested in any fw higher).

I never used it though... Don't want to mess with the flash... Pretty safe though (at least many used it with no problem and the downgrader at least in the 0.2 was considered the safest way yet!).

Squidman
March 16th, 2006, 21:03
This is pretty cool, but one thing bothers me....does it just trick it or actually change it (will homebrew work normally w/out Fanjitas loader if set to 1.5), and is the 3.0 thing reversable?

P.S.
I am no n00b, i just nvr used this app before.

DraconumPB
March 16th, 2006, 21:16
it's a trick. it can't change it because there is no 3.0 lol.

anyway, the point is, is that 2.5 / 2.6 requiring games may not actually NEED 2.5 or 2.6, they may simply need the psp's firmware version to SAY that it's 2.5 or 2.6... and all this does is make the psp think it has that high a version number. so the 3.00 is only a number, nothing more.

Sterist
March 16th, 2006, 23:06
....however, there are games that refer to certain sections of the flash resources that exsist on newer firmwares that dont on older. such as socom, socom uses 2.00 files in such a fashion that wouldnt work on a 1.50 even if ya tricked it to thinking 2.00 -- cus the resources dont exsist on 1.50. this would req. the "Run UMD" thingy, since it operates the games thru a dump of the firmware

1.00, 1.50, 1.51, and 1.52 have the same flash resources
2.00 and 2.01 have the same flash resources
2.50 has the same as 2.00 and 2.01, but a few new things were added -- this couldnt ruin homebrew cus everything else is still intact
2.60 has a few new things and the rest of em are mix-matched to delay psp hackers -- cant run homebrew unless ya know where the stuff is. sony's hopeless defense ;)

Voltron
March 17th, 2006, 00:43
I knocked my PSP back down to Firmware 1.50. 1.5 is the best but a lot of new games are worth purchasing and playing. I had to disect Mega Man Powered up and I have the I$O working. I still can't get Y's Ark of Napishtim or Generation of Chaos or Lemmings to work though.

If this allows for the playing of these games with the UMD, please report what games work and what don't. Thanks!

Squidman
March 17th, 2006, 20:43
I understand wut u guys r sayn, but, still not answering mi 1st question, will it allow homebrew w/out Fanjitas Loader...

P.S.
I have a 2.00 PSP & i'm considering downgrading, but web browser is useful in some areas, and i don't know the succesfulness of it.

VFerg
March 18th, 2006, 01:13
I really just want to know if it actually works with any games. Will it work with the new Daxter game at all? Havent heard of this being used as a way to get by it so not sure if it actually is working. Hope it does and will probably just have to buy the game to find out myself then.

mog
March 18th, 2006, 02:18
now, if only there was a version that works on 1.00 ...
:(