PDA

View Full Version : Chip's Challenge Port

wraggster
March 16th, 2006, 21:28
thepixelatedpoo (http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=43181) posted this:

This isn't the actual chip's challenge. It's a game called "Tile world" which is the same thing ( except in 3D ). It will play the original chip's challenge, all you have to do is put the chip's.dat file in the data folder. Their are two level sets in their already. I can't distribute the chip's.dat file because it's copyrighted...

Download via comments

sroon
March 17th, 2006, 14:24
Ohh yeah sooo many memories.

icopy11
April 29th, 2006, 19:39
Wow, I remember that game.

EJTheSnail
June 16th, 2006, 18:46
how do i make it LOOK like chip's challenge

Raiser
August 20th, 2006, 00:21
Sorry to be reviving an old topic, but I seem to be experiencing a horrible issue with this game and can't find any info on it.

It seems that whenever I try to use any level sets from the Microsoft version (like the real chips.dat), I get a blue screen of death. The Lynx levels work fine, and the Windows version of "Tile World" doesn't have any problems with the microsoft levels, so it's a problem with this port. Does anyone know what'c causing this, and how it can be fixed?

Also, on an unrelated note (to the above poster), if you want it to look like the Windows version of Chip's Challenge, you'll have to insert the Windows version's graphics manually into the "tiles.bmp" file in the "res" folder. This will be hard to do, as the original Windows version uses 32x32 tiles and Tile World uses 48x48 tiles, which would require some redrawing to make them not look horribly disproportioned or blurry.

dark heart
October 21st, 2006, 09:53
i can't delete it! help! it just says,"the file is not empty" wat the hell is that supposed to mean!?

valar
October 21st, 2006, 11:07
i spent hours playing that game on c64.

mr_nick666
October 21st, 2006, 12:10
i can't delete it! help! it just says,"the file is not empty" wat the hell is that supposed to mean!?

Its happend to me a few times with various homebrew :( Try renaming it and deleting it.... If that doesnt work then a format always helps :p (remember to back up game saves, etc. though :o )

craigdanbeaton
November 16th, 2006, 20:56
Chips challenge........so many memories.

gun_slinger
January 24th, 2007, 16:53
how do i get it on my psp

animeware
December 7th, 2008, 03:39
I got custom Firmware 5.00 M33-4 This doesn't work at all if anyone can get this to work please replay thank you. I would like to play this on my psp I cannot play it on the new Custom Firmware Version 5.00 M33-4 if anyone can make this work please post thank you....