PDA

View Full Version : Red Steel 2 goes MotionPlus-only

wraggster
May 12th, 2009, 16:27
The sequel to Wii launch title Red Steel will only support Wii MotionPlus, meaning you won't be able to play it using just a regular Wii Remote.

"It's a huge risk," said the game's creative director, Jason Vandenberghe. "We have no idea what the penetration rate for Wii MotionPlus will be. We assume high. We would like it to be high.

"I would love to say to you that it'll be compatible with just a regular controller, but the gameplay simply isn't there without MotionPlus. That core experience just isn't there without it," he added, speaking in the latest issue of Nintendo Power (via Nintendo Dpad).

Nintendo's motion-sensing MotionPlus peripheral will release next month, promising to deliver "more comprehensive tracking of a player's arm position and orientation, providing players with an unmatched level of precision and immersion".

Sword and gunplay action sequel Red Steel 2 will be launching in time for Christmas.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=214768

kevenz
May 12th, 2009, 22:19
The sequel to Wii launch title Red Steel will only support Wii MotionPlus, meaning you won't be able to play it using just a regular Wii Remote.

Well, **** this game then.

unless motion plus cost 10$ or less, I'm not interested.

havoc_012
May 12th, 2009, 22:52
Not that I'd be interested in the game anyways, but theres no way thats a good idea.

Historically, sales of peripherals have been less than stellar, and the games that require them have sold even worse.

masterchief929
May 13th, 2009, 00:13
I think its a great idea. This isn't going to be one of those "play the wii with grandma" games. This is going to be a core gamer's game. The accuracy of the wii motion plus is going to be awesome. I personally can't wait for the game now.

Sir_Voe
May 13th, 2009, 02:33
I'm glad they had the balls to go M+ only. What would be the point of even supporting it if you were still bound by the old limitations.