PDA

View Full Version : SNESxTYL news

Kaiser
March 17th, 2006, 00:01
Yoyofr posted this update on his forums on the imminent release of Version 0.4 of SNES9XTYL. Hopefully we should be seeing a release soon.

Here's a quick status update of the upcoming 0.4 version :

- cheats code implemented
- GUI rewritten
- still some issues with ME full sound, but most games are
working now.
- compatibility lowered
the new APU handling isn't 100% perfect, it will be improved
in next version.
right now it requires to play with a new debug parameter, APU cycle speed. Most games work with a 75% value, some need some tuning.
- 2 players adhoc mode is nearly finished.
I just need to add a simple sync control and it should be ok
- some rendering issues (GFX corruption) fixed
- SPC player added
- more input config options

it should be ready for a release very soon if the last netplay stuff goes well (the sync control)

Thanks to tsurumaru in our forums for the discovery.

SimSon2k3
March 17th, 2006, 00:17
great news i hope it will come soon

wraggster
March 17th, 2006, 00:23
awesome cant wait to see it :)

Voltron
March 17th, 2006, 00:47
I am very anxious about this. One of the reasons I downgraded from 2.0 back to 1.5 was to see what the fuss about 0.3ME was about and the speed is great. This next release is said to have even more of a performance boost. Plus Multiplayer, cheats, and a slew of other features. It sure sounds like it will be amazing.

YoYo had stated on his own forum that he was fighting a nasty bug trying to get FULL APU on ME. He has not squashed the bug completely but says most games don't seem affected. I just want to be able to play Super Bomberman via wifi adhoc. That would be amazing.

I donated to the TYL team via PayPal as soon as I saw the Multiplayer video that was released. I hope it becomes a reality and more and more people support the TYL team. This EMU could be the best yet for the PSP very soon. Keep up the great work TYL!

Gredler
March 17th, 2006, 01:38
No word about sleep working again? I havn't updated to 3 because of the sleep issues.

Shadelancer
March 17th, 2006, 02:43
No word about sleep working again? I havn't updated to 3 because of the sleep issues.

That was only in the .3ME version, the standard non ME version works fine with sleep mode.

jman420
March 17th, 2006, 03:29
Kick ass if you can get the sprites for super mario world - MegaMan X3 to work..

pkmaximum
March 17th, 2006, 04:15
Thank you I suppose you read my other post I appreciate on how you gave us news on your new upcoming emulator thank you very much and your one of the homebrew makers we can really rely on thank you very much! :) and good luck :)

aries2k4
March 17th, 2006, 04:44
Looking forward to the next release. adhoc canīt wait!!!

Cap'n 1time
March 17th, 2006, 04:57
Im looking forward... TO THE NEW GUI (lame i know)! also cheat support has been a much missed feature. The compatibility issues mentioned frighten me though.

Voltron
March 17th, 2006, 06:33
Yes, the new GUI is something I look forward to as well. I never thought a GUI to be that important until I saw the NeoGeo CDZ emulator by NJ. A great GUI really makes a difference. The compatibility issues do sound scary indeed. I hope those get smoothed out or do not affect some of the really good games.

shadowprophet
March 17th, 2006, 07:15
Yes, the new GUI is something I look forward to as well. I never thought a GUI to be that important until I saw the NeoGeo CDZ emulator by NJ. A great GUI really makes a difference. The compatibility issues do sound scary indeed. I hope those get smoothed out or do not affect some of the really good games.

*ohh please let this one have better support for 2.0:D

The_Ultimate_Eggman
March 17th, 2006, 08:43
Great news its been quiet for a while I like 1000's of other wait with baited breath..

Sony PSP
March 17th, 2006, 09:00
http://www.pspzones.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1258

-Sony PSP

Mew
March 17th, 2006, 09:10
WOW O_O

Will it be possible to play as 1.5 User against 2.0+ Users SNES?

dkainer
March 17th, 2006, 09:15
Oooh, I cant wait for SuperFX chip support... ;-)
Starfox all the way

Voltron
March 17th, 2006, 11:13
Will it be possible to play as 1.5 User against 2.0+ Users SNES?

I asked something similar on YoYo's forum and YoYo himself responded that he should be able to compile a build for 2.00+ users but it would not benefit from the speed increases. He did not say if WiFi would work with 2.00 or not. I would think ad hoc would not be able to work on 2.00 but I know very little about the technical workings of such a thing.

Very excited about this upcoming release!

Voltron
March 17th, 2006, 11:42
Good news! I think.... Just now, YoYo posted this on his forum in regards to 2.00 ad hoc -

"IR & adhoc are 2 completly different stuff.
currently, only psp 1.0, 1.5 & 2.00 can run homebrew with adhoc support (it's not easy on 2.00 , check fanjita website and eloader's readme.txt for more details)."

Hopefully this means that 2.00 users can take advantage of Multiplayer as well. Lets cross our fingers.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
March 17th, 2006, 16:48
now all we wil need is a neo geo AES emulator !!!

StealthCP
March 17th, 2006, 17:04
No we don't. :P

Great news. Can't wait for Super Mario 3 Battle gamez 2 begin!!

Paiku
March 17th, 2006, 18:23
Wi-Fi!! :eek:

pkmusicmaker
March 17th, 2006, 19:00
Wait, is the multiplayer adhoc or wifi? I thought just adhoc, but now these posts are confusing me.

Akiron
March 17th, 2006, 20:54
Wait, is the multiplayer adhoc or wifi? I thought just adhoc, but now these posts are confusing me.

Adhoc is Wifi!

Wifi on psp has 2 modes: ad hoc and infrastructure

ad hoc is to connect 2 (or more) psps together
infrastructure searches for a connection point (hot spot)

revolver6
March 18th, 2006, 12:05
this new feature sounds great and looking faward to some bombing but wanted to know was it just me or did other ppl have problem with text not appearing in some rpg games and there being no world map visible in tales game if so will this be fixed and if its just me how do i sort it out??? thanks

tsurumaru
March 19th, 2006, 00:02
The official word on 1.5 vs 2.0 adhoc;

"network should work well between me & standard version, so netplay will be possible between 1.5 & 2.00 firmwares.
I've posted some screenshots (medium quality) of the new GUI at the website (check the 4 screenshots at the bottom), so if you want to have an idea of how it looks, check them !"

yoyofr

http://yoyofr.fr.st/ new GUI is viewable if you hover your mouse over the bottom four thumbnail images.

pkmaximum
March 19th, 2006, 22:16
I so can't wait any longer for the release of this emulator. So good luck Yofor this is probaly one big step in PSP history. SNES is almost at its full potential for the PSP. :)