PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 version of FFXIII may be monolingual

wraggster
May 12th, 2009, 18:54
As far as we can tell, there are two types of people who care about whether the North American version of Final Fantasy XIII has a Japanese voice track (in addition to an English one) -- RPG-loving hipsters who strive for complete, unwavering authenticity in everything they say and do, and ... well, people who speak Japanese and live in America, we suppose. Unfortunately for both these groups, it seems the Japanese voice track might only appear in the PS3 version of the highly anticipated Squeenidos title.

In a recent Q&A with IGN, FFXIII producer Yoshinori Kitase explained that without the kind of memory available on Blu-ray, there's simply not enough room on the 360 to implement two vocal tracks. He added, "Are there many people who would like to play with Japanese voices?" Well, gang? Are there?

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/12/xbox-360-version-of-ffxiii-may-be-monolingual/

mikebeaver
May 12th, 2009, 19:32
Erm, i'd quite like it actually, I HATE those shity American voice actors, they are always so bad, at least if it is in Japanese you cant understand it, so they don't sound like whiney 12 year old!

Mike..

mcdougall57
May 12th, 2009, 21:48
If this is true I ain't buying it. If I'm going to pay £40 for a game I at least expect it to be in ****ing English.

Wouldn't it be easy enough to remove the japanese voice track and replace it with an English one, I'm sure more people would prefer it to be in English, I actually quite like the voice track in FFXII. Those whiny japanese voices are like blades to my eardrums.

shinymusic
May 12th, 2009, 21:52
well if they wanna cut there non Japanese sales in half for the 360 go right ahead. retards

Heisenberg
May 13th, 2009, 00:43
"Are there many people who would like to play with Japanese voices?" Well, gang? Are there?

YES!!!

GODZEROXX
May 13th, 2009, 04:45
I will probably play the game in english, but I still like to have the option to play with japanese voices as well. If that is really the case I guess I will be getting the ps3 version. Besides if the game turns out really good and I want to play it again, I could enjoy both languages.

mcdougall57
May 13th, 2009, 13:35
"Are there many people who would like to play with Japanese voices?" Well, gang? Are there?

YES!!!

Yes!!! But many more would prefer it to be in English.

Problem solved, add a download to XBL for a japanese soundtrack, now was that so hard?