PDA

View Full Version : RPG Maker 2000

Harshboy
March 17th, 2006, 01:16
There is no source code (I dont know!?), But maybe we could make a bootloader to boot it on the PSP. RPG Maker 2000 would allow people to make cool rpg games on their PSP. That way, they wouldn't need every game to be ported, they could make it themselves. So, possible? Wanted?

RedKing14CA
March 17th, 2006, 01:26
This game will be available when the HB PS1 emulator is finished (dead project) or when Sony releases their homebrew killer PS1 emulator...

Ok?

if not they already have an RPG Adventure maker for the PSP frimware 2.0

I dont mean to seam rude, im just letting you know :)

Harshboy
March 17th, 2006, 01:27
But, what about interperating a RM2K game player onto the PSP. That way, they can make the games on the PC, and play em on the go? And, 2000 beats any other RPG maker anyway

Cap'n 1time
March 17th, 2006, 04:48
no source for rpgm2000. no doubt it would be cool though :)

RedKing14CA
March 17th, 2006, 05:37
they have an adventure maker.. its a handheld can you imagine how much people would laugh at you just a year ago whne the GBA SP was out and you wanted a port of RPG maker 2000... dude.... lol...

Be thankful for what you have, but dont be afraid to dream.... RPG maker 2000.. cool... but not going to happen for atleast another year... sorry dude.. but seriously be FRIKKAN HAPPY you have these marvelous gifts from both sony and all those wonderful non money-hungry game makers (homebrewers, coders)!!!!!!!

I LOVE THE PSP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU GOD, THANK YOU CODERS, LAST (and cough, least) THANK YOU SONY!!!!
(goodnight, its 9:37 pm in california)

cloud_952
March 17th, 2006, 08:43
Not to mention, if I recall from my RPG maker days, can't you map to any button on the keyboard, along with using the keyboard to type? O_o Which would make it much harder if you just made an interpreter..

Prodigy_of_Pinhead
March 17th, 2006, 14:42
I don't have good memories w/ RPG2K. It crashed my computer several years ago. I'm just lucky that RPG2K3 hasn't crashed my hard drive. It should be noted, however, that back then, I didn't have any antivirus software.

Hawkeyefile
March 20th, 2006, 22:03
wow that sucks.

jman420
March 21st, 2006, 02:24
technicly speaking.. it's possible to make a RPG maker-esque program.. but not possible to port it to psp due to the fact that nobody can get source.. plus why would you want to make a RPG on your psp?? just work with other people on a game.. like me, I dont know how to program much for PSP, so I'm working with TurkeyMan making a fully 3d RPG game right now.. there is however 1 more option. RPG maker 2 (japaneese) for SNES works with TYL .03, it would at least keep you busy for a while lol

Privateer
March 22nd, 2006, 05:52
I think it'd be cooler to not port it to PSP, but rather, make it export games in a PSP-compatible format. That way you can make it on your compy without the control restrictions of your PSP and share it easily over the internet.

Prodigy_of_Pinhead
March 24th, 2006, 21:23
I think it'd be cooler to not port it to PSP, but rather, make it export games in a PSP-compatible format. That way you can make it on your compy without the control restrictions of your PSP and share it easily over the internet.

Obviosly. And go w/ either RM95 or RM2K3, b/c RM2K crashed my computer a about several years ago.

michael jackson
April 8th, 2006, 20:06
technicly speaking.. it's possible to make a RPG maker-esque program.. but not possible to port it to psp due to the fact that nobody can get source.. plus why would you want to make a RPG on your psp?? just work with other people on a game.. like me, I dont know how to program much for PSP, so I'm working with TurkeyMan making a fully 3d RPG game right now.. there is however 1 more option. RPG maker 2 (japaneese) for SNES works with TYL .03, it would at least keep you busy for a while lol

true but i made about 5 hours worth of rpg on the hacked rpgmaker2 on snes (no english version was amde) and i cant load my .srm save file so basicly its pointless you can make it but if you exit out you lose all your data....

any ideas on how to fix this? i'm using a temporarily updated 2.0 psp with bochs and snes tyl 0.3

Gimp_Boy
April 9th, 2006, 09:54
the coolest rpg maker would be a zelda/secret of mana style maker. None of that turn-based stuff. Have it more realtime with better puzzles and traps.

jman420
April 18th, 2006, 21:01
true but i made about 5 hours worth of rpg on the hacked rpgmaker2 on snes (no english version was amde) and i cant load my .srm save file so basicly its pointless you can make it but if you exit out you lose all your data....

any ideas on how to fix this? i'm using a temporarily updated 2.0 psp with bochs and snes tyl 0.3

dont know if your still checking this thread, but yeah there was a translation to english.. I have it :P so it does exist.. if you want it PM me and I can send it to you, if I can find it...

xypex982
May 14th, 2006, 11:37
Thx for telling us because I was about to go and put it on my psp, but now that I know it wont work forget it.

kevho
May 17th, 2006, 21:42
interestingly RUBBISH

the one and only
May 22nd, 2006, 07:45
hey there is a snes game that lets you design ur own rpg game, look for the rom

Inu268
May 22nd, 2006, 22:27
the coolest rpg maker would be a zelda/secret of mana style maker. None of that turn-based stuff. Have it more realtime with better puzzles and traps.
you can do that with rpg maker...there is a tutorial for that somewhere....

prinnyhero
October 12th, 2006, 17:46
There is no source code (I dont know!?), But maybe we could make a bootloader to boot it on the PSP. RPG Maker 2000 would allow people to make cool rpg games on their PSP. That way, they wouldn't need every game to be ported, they could make it themselves. So, possible? Wanted?

I just read this and sorry if i got the wrong idea but is it actually possible to port a COMPLETED RM2K game to the psp? I checked google but found nothing on that but if anyone knows how please let me know!

psiko_scweek
October 13th, 2006, 22:07
no there is not a way. What this thread is about is to make a RPGmaker style interpretter for the PSP.

Inigo Montoya
October 18th, 2006, 16:45
This game will be available when the HB PS1 emulator is finished (dead project) or when Sony releases their homebrew killer PS1 emulator...

Ok?

if not they already have an RPG Adventure maker for the PSP frimware 2.0

I dont mean to seam rude, im just letting you know :)

RPG Maker 2000 was for the PS2 not the PS1. Your thinking of the original Playstation RPG Maker. The original RPG Maker looked interesting. RPG Maker 2000 sucked, I know this because I used to own a copy.

Strangler
October 19th, 2006, 19:21
they have an adventure maker.. its a handheld can you imagine how much people would laugh at you just a year ago whne the GBA SP was out and you wanted a port of RPG maker 2000... dude.... lol...

Be thankful for what you have, but dont be afraid to dream.... RPG maker 2000.. cool... but not going to happen for atleast another year... sorry dude.. but seriously be FRIKKAN HAPPY you have these marvelous gifts from both sony and all those wonderful non money-hungry game makers (homebrewers, coders)!!!!!!!

I LOVE THE PSP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU GOD, THANK YOU CODERS, LAST (and cough, least) THANK YOU SONY!!!!
(goodnight, its 9:37 pm in california)

yes becasue sony is doing such a good job with the psp that developers and analysts both basically declared it dead already, and it is being outsold 4 to one in its home country to the ds. And has become basically a ps1/ps2 port box (not to mention many of the ports being dummed down). Yes be so happy to sony, and all thes elittle 12 yr old lua coders that have been making such masterpieces on it.

Strangler
October 19th, 2006, 19:26

because there is a bunch of already well developed and made games for it and it actually has descent graphics. And the homebrew games for the psp have been lets just say below average copmpared to the homebrew community od xbox/dreamcast/and pc (where it is better than fully made psp games). I mean even the ds has better hoembrew games than the psp, the psp just as good homebrew apps and emulators. Most of the coders spent time trying to make homebrew possible on the psp.

psiko_scweek
October 19th, 2006, 19:49
yeah i think it would be great to have a RPGMaker runner on the PSP.

Vendeta
October 20th, 2006, 23:38
I whant the snes rom for this does it save ur game on it???

goity
November 3rd, 2006, 17:31
Yeah, RPGM 2000 and 2003 were good (the rest were shockingly bad), but no source, no port. An inerpreter would be far too hard and probably not even possible, not to mention the frightening length of time it would take to do something like that.

kando
November 3rd, 2006, 17:35
if someone makes a faster x86 aka DOS emulator, it would be easy to play many games without needing a port....i mean i was able to pull up warcraft 1, moraff's world....but they run slow as poop.

was the source code for MS-DOS ever released?

chrono75
November 20th, 2006, 17:39
I LOVE RPG Maker 2000!! I think it would be great to have a game emulator so you can compile your game and run it on your PSP, which was what you were saying above. That is probably the best bet but I don't think there is any RPG2k source code out there.

andwhyisit
October 10th, 2007, 14:02
Sorry for reviving this but hear me out.

RPG_RT.EXE (the executable used for all the games made with RM2K for PC) is the same for every game, if an eboot can be made to replace that file in the game folder, it may work.

What are the requirements for an RM2K game?

yaustar
October 12th, 2007, 13:53
That would mean completely reverse engineering the binary to recreate the engine to use the files.

Not going to happen.

preetyforu
December 27th, 2007, 08:34
This is a dungeon making dungeon RPG. What does that mean? The main character (you) is a dungeon maker by profession. There is a town where you can talk to people, and they will have requests like in any dungeon RPG. Except there's a catch. In this game there's no completed dungeon yet. So you have to go into the "dungeon" and start building it with the assets you have part by part. When you're done, you go home to sleep.

The next day when you return to the dungeon, monsters would have began to populate it. Killing these monsters will net you items and drops that you can use to complete the quests you have. When you have fulfilled the conditions for each floor, the boss will appear and after defeating it, you can go on to the next floor. I mean... go on to.... make the next floor..... yeah. ^^;

preety
webmaster
http://www.entertainmentvenues.org

andwhyisit
January 10th, 2008, 01:31
RPG Maker 2000 was for the PS2 not the PS1. Your thinking of the original Playstation RPG Maker. The original RPG Maker looked interesting. RPG Maker 2000 sucked, I know this because I used to own a copy.

We are talking about the pc version.

This is a dungeon making dungeon RPG. What does that mean? The main character (you) is a dungeon maker by profession. There is a town where you can talk to people, and they will have requests like in any dungeon RPG. Except there's a catch. In this game there's no completed dungeon yet. So you have to go into the "dungeon" and start building it with the assets you have part by part. When you're done, you go home to sleep.

The next day when you return to the dungeon, monsters would have began to populate it. Killing these monsters will net you items and drops that you can use to complete the quests you have. When you have fulfilled the conditions for each floor, the boss will appear and after defeating it, you can go on to the next floor. I mean... go on to.... make the next floor..... yeah. ^^;

preety
webmaster
http://www.entertainmentvenues.org
WTF.