PDA

View Full Version : PSPsetX 0.3b for 2.0

wraggster
March 17th, 2006, 01:28
Placa (http://teamemergencyexit.blogspot.com/) has posted a bugfix release of PSPsetX (Read the instructions, i personally wouldnt use it but each to their own)

I'm very sorry about the last PSPsetX release, I made a little mistake in the source, but I fixed it up an here is the new Version =) I've also tested it and it worked nice. Now someone with a 2.6 Game can test if he is able to play it on a 2.0.

Download via comments

middlemaniac
March 17th, 2006, 01:52
Anyone get this to work on the new best psp game Syphon Filter?

Voltron
March 17th, 2006, 02:18
Yes, I too would very much appreciate a working list to be created from people who have tested various games. Games such as Mega Man MHX, Mega Man Powered up, Siphon Filter, Daxter, Samurai Warriors, Ys Ark of Napishtim, Generation of Chaos, Street Fighter, etc. etc.

I have my firmware at 1.50 right now so can't try this.

TrowaX
March 17th, 2006, 04:03
Umm... i got 2.0 psp but when i went into the menu they only have 1.0 to 2.5 then jumps to 3.00 is there a framewire 2.6 ?

i wish this program has additional features like UMD Disc Loading Overclocking 333 that would be sweet . :)

EDIT : Well great release anyways keep up all the go work :) Please no UMD Privacy please !! Keep Homebrew alive

flingo
March 17th, 2006, 04:31
This is a very great release, I can play winning eleven 9 (us version/fmw 2.6 required) on my psp 2.0 . :)

Voltron
March 17th, 2006, 05:10
Sure No UMD Piracy. I'm all for that. I have like 24 U.S. UMD games.

HOWEVER: Because Sony tries to FORCE me to upgrade, I have only gotten Mega Man Maverick Hunter X and Mega Man Powered up to work by modifying files in the ISO and using UMD Emulator and MPHGAMELOADER.

So its funny, Sony's REQUIRED firmware updates are REQUIRING me to use ISO's. So screw them. I love the PSP more than any other handheld but I hate the practices by Sony. Sure, offer firmware updates to add new features and combat piracy, but to lock people out of playing LEGAL UMD games is really a poor decision and will end up backfiring on Sony. I never saw the big deal with ISO's until recently being forced to play certain games that way. Now I must say I quite like it and have even backed up some of my older UMD's because they play better off my Sandisk Ultra II Pro Duo.

Good job Sony!

Really pissed that I can't play my Ys: Ark of Napishtim I just spent $30.00 bucks on.

kaos
March 17th, 2006, 06:53
Syphon Filter doesnt work! it shuts down the psp when you try to load the game.

Sterist
March 17th, 2006, 06:56
i have 4 ripped games archived on my comp, but they aint leaving my comp sept to 1 place: my psp

rock_light
March 17th, 2006, 08:29
voltron are you saying you've tried this program on 2.0 and megamans did not work?

Voltron
March 17th, 2006, 11:33
voltron are you saying you've tried this program on 2.0 and megamans did not work?

Nope! I downgraded back to 1.5 firmware and the games don't play on 1.5. I think 1.5 Firmware is the best and makes the PSP the most versatile and useful handheld. I am really angry that basically Sony and/or commercial game developers are trying to FORCE us to have a less functional PSP just to play newer games. The tradeoff isn't worth it.

My girlfriend just bought me Ys: Ark of Napishtim USA version and I can't even play the damn game because it wants me to upgrade to 2.50. RPG's are my favorite so this really touches on a sore spot with me.

SO again, these antics by Sony are going to backfire. I am FORCED to use ISO's because legal UMD's won't work.

It is important to note that a lot of these newer games are capable of playing on 1.50 firmware with slight modification of files within the ISO. DAXTER which is a 2.60 required game can play on a 1.5 PSP so upgrading to 2.60 does nothing but stop homebrew. This shows for the most part, if not entirely, that required updates on UMD games is just a tactic to lock more and more people out of homebrew. Why? biggest argument seems to be UMD piracy. That's ironic because.................

IN CLOSING
Heres what it boils down to. Because of Sony's firmware "tactics", as of now the only way to play a lot of the really good newer games like Daxter, MegaMan, etc. is to modify and play the ISO with UMDEMU & MPHGAMELOADER. This is only going to promote and increase UMD piracy if it is the ONLY way to play certain games. Sony is losing the fight against homebrew on almost every front and its getting to where the fight itself is starting to hurt them more than what they are fighting.

Good thing I just got a 2GB Ultra II Pro Duo. I am happy because I have the following games working by ISO that won't work on UMD:

MegaMan MHX
MegaMan Powered UP
Samurai Warriors - State of War
Daxter
DragonBall Z: Shin Budokai

Saijin_Spooker
March 17th, 2006, 18:22
I have a v2.0 PSP and want to play Katamari which I believe is a 2.6 (?) game. Has anyone tried out this exploit with it, and if so could you please post if it worked or not?

I've been tempted to downgrade to v1.5 for a while now, but I'm still a little worried about the long term effects. I have quite a few official games that I would like to continue playing but most require 2.0. Also, I like my wallpaper!

MaxSMoke
March 17th, 2006, 20:42
The Japanese Katamari works just fine on 2.0 firmware. Yet another reason I'm glad I imported it, even if I don't have a clue what the King is saying.

I gave up on fighting the UMD Firmware requirements and just bought a 2nd PSP. It's been a great investment, allowing me to use all of the Homebrew I want on my Black PSP, and still play all of the new games on the White one. But it is annoying having to keep switching back and forth. And it seems I have to upgrade my poor white PSP with ever new game release. :P

What happened to MPH and his UMD Loader? He got it up and working with a few games, but it didn't support sleep mode and more then half of the new games don't work. Even more unfortunate, none of the newest Firmware 2.5 or 2.6 games will load. This piece of software clearly doesn't work. We need a true UMD Loader to combat Sony's fascist war on Homebrew.

gmoney8188
March 17th, 2006, 23:18
Real Nice. Just downloaded it and my Pursuit Force Demo works completely fine on 2.0.

originalcracker
March 19th, 2006, 08:17
Ys works with 2.5

IQ Mania needs 2.6, but is/isn't working with 3.0. It boots, asks about save data for the game, shows Sony Computer Entertainment logo, then black screens. It doesn't freeze, as I can press the home button to exit it. It just doesn't progress like it should.

VFerg
March 25th, 2006, 01:45
Ya I really want Katamari to work and this has been the first game I am tempted to do something drastic just to play it. The version changer on mine wont go past 2.5 even when I choose 3.0 it still says 2.5 under system settings so of course the game wont play. Anybody else get this game to work yet?

vettacossx
March 26th, 2006, 05:18
it only works up to 2.5 ive done hours of testing i tricked the firmware to 1.0 in my 2.0 then upgraded to 1.5 ...lol...an upgrade to downgrade the irony...anyway if you have a game like say streetfighteralpha (a 2.5 umd game) and your psp is of course a 2.0 because it only works on 2.0 this is a gr8 tool you can trick it for 2.5 games with typical encryption like street fighter but some games wont work for reasons too long and indept to type but lets just say its the same reason "GTA:LCS" has its own tool for loading on the 1.5

vettacossx
March 26th, 2006, 05:25
also for the record i love voltron its a classic and further more icould not agree with him more WE NEED A FORUM TO FLAME ON SONY AND COMMECIAL DEVELOPERS AND A FORUM TO PRAISE THE POSITIVE LIKE CUSTUM TRACKS
back on topic VOLTRON arc works with setx on 2.0 psp upgrade and play it its worth it just go 2.o for this gr8 rpg then downgrade from 2.0 to 1.5 ive done it like 5 timmes of course so much flashing can be done before it takes a permanate effect so keep your local wal-mart return in mind mu hu hu hahaha

D-7
March 27th, 2006, 04:48
if you have a 2gb card then you should have plenty of money to go buy all your games and stop using isos bro

urherenow
March 31st, 2006, 16:44
lots of people asking about megaman over and over.. even though 1 or 2 are saying it already works without this program. Now I'll say it. IT ALREADY WORKS ON A 1.5! STOP ASKING! (of course it has to be modified a bit, but all you have to do is search around)

Also what some fail to realize about the mphgameloader is that you don't need the new version to run UMDs. I personally loaded up GTA on my 1.5 with the original game loader.

pspvik
April 13th, 2006, 07:31
does anyone know how to reset the psp to it's original firmware version. i have a 2.0 and i "set" it up to a "2.5" with this program but i can't seem to get it back to a 2.0. it won't let me start my eloader........and it sucks..
plz, anyone write back

LAMPRO
April 24th, 2006, 09:40
anyone wanna share the small mb daxter for 1.5? would love to try it out, but cant find the file... lost my socom too.. urghhhhhhhh