PDA

View Full Version : PSPSOne Update

Kaiser
March 18th, 2006, 06:41
Pacmanfan had this to say in his update thread

I know everyone is dying for an update (or a file release). Currently, I'm working on some issues getting the Eboot to run on a real PSP. I've been working primarily with the PSPE emulator, and the dynaimc recompiler works fine, however, I'm having somewhat random crashes getting it to work on the real PSP.

It actually works fine as long as file debugging is turned on, but when I turn off my logging, or try to comment out the file writes in the file debugging code, the PSP crashes. I think it has to do with the CPU registers being saved before file writes. I need to figure out why (or what) is causing corruption of the registers during run-time. I suspect it's another thread. The dynamic compiler definately DOES work on the PSP.

One issue that I'm still having with the PSPSOne emulator is GPU interrupts not being handled correctly all the time. I beleive it's because my program counter variable is being updated only while branching.

One other thing that I'm going to do is change the architecture of the plugin system to integrate the GPU Plugin code directly into the project, instead of being called through a function pointer system. There are several unnecessary layers of function calls being made every time I write to the GPU memory, This can be optimized for better speed, as well as normal memory reads/writes.

Another thing I'm doing, is converting the project to work with the PSPSDK. I know this may sound strange, but I used a smaller psplib.c file with limited functionality in it, as well as my own startup.s code. This is the same code that I used to build Quake before there was a PSPSDK.

I can post a binary that works in the PSPE emulator if everyone wants, but I think you all can wait till I iron out a few issues with the PSP version.

Hopefully, I'll have something for everyone to see soon. Be patient,rest assured that I'm still working on this, and devoting a lot of time to it.

-PMF out

Remember to check out his official website for the emulator-->http://home.comcast.net/~shernandez1337/PSPSOne.html

Update thread here (http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=28645&page=10&pp=10)

jordanjordanjordan
March 18th, 2006, 07:14
i think you should consult warcraft 2 about this, rather whoot not thus!

Mustang
March 18th, 2006, 08:15
Cheers for the post Kaiser - great news !

Voltron
March 18th, 2006, 09:00
Great to see an update. With Sony trying to implement PSOne on PSP will bring more forced firmware upgrades. I'm hoping this will be a viable alternative for all of the die hard homebrew users that refuse to upgrade.

Keep it up PMF - You have my support.

nexus68
March 18th, 2006, 11:13
Hum, posted on January 7. It's not very recent.

The last update posted on March 09 by PacManFan:

Hey everyone,

It's been a little while since my last update, Real life seems to be getting in the way of developing PSPSOne as much as I'd like to. I actually haven't been doing too much work on PSPSOne lately. I decided to take a break and work on a few other small projects. I have been experimenting with SDL + OpenGL together. I've ported over 5+ opensource games that I found on the internet (4 of which that I haven't released yet).
Since my last update, I've added a text-based gui to PSPSOne along with a configuration screen, added in plugin support for controllers, and worked on my BIN/ISO loader CD-Rom support code. I've managed to get in-game on Dragon Ball Z Ultimate 22, and play the game at about 6ish fps.

I've decided that this project is moving a little to slowly, so I've accepted the offers of several programmers who wish to help. Currently, We're setting up a better web page, source control through SVN, and exchanging source code and resources.

My next priority after that is figuring out how to get my dynamic recompiler which was working under PSPE to work consistantly on the real PSP. One of the programmers has offered to help out on the GPU OpenGL plugin, and I plan to put the other on to work on the sound code and/or the GUI.
I believe once the recompiler is fully working on the PSP, I expect to see another huge jump in framerate.

benn
March 18th, 2006, 12:31
kutgw pacman

D0N
March 18th, 2006, 12:47
Great 2 see an update. Cant wait till its actually up and working.

Sterist
March 18th, 2006, 19:01
not really a public update, same thing psmonkey is doing -- progress report

cant wait!! :) i miss CTR

idapimp
March 18th, 2006, 22:42
hurray for updates.

Valiant
March 19th, 2006, 04:37
good to see that you are still alive