PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DS Drum Machine

wraggster
March 18th, 2006, 18:57
The Chuckster (http://thechuckster.homelinux.com/tr909/) has released Nintendo DS Drum Machine, heres the details:

The Roland TR-909 drum machine is the beat box that launched the electronic dance music revolution. As Ishkur says in his EDM Guide, "The 909 doesn't have a bass drum -- that's just a weird thud emanating from the box that has launched a million dance records." The familiar oonst oonst oonst rhythm and the signature hand clapping has filled dance floors since 1980.

I wrote DS Drum Machine to pay homage to this classic drum machine that is ubiquitous throughout trance music. I love the sound of it. Want to rap, dance, or practice beat boxing? Better do it in style by whipping out your Nintendo DS with DS Drum Machine on it. :)

Enjoy. Hope you can make some tight beats with this. Pump up the jam!

Features: Relatively full 909 sample set included, 16th note resolution, adjustable BPM, FL Studio-like loop editor, basic pattern support.

Future Plans: 808 samples (house music is important, too), more 909 features (tune, attack, decay), 303ish software synth (I'm already perfecting a PC prototype), a sequencer, a mixer, arbitrary sample sets, special effects (delay, chorus, low-pass), touch screen support, and a graphical user interface.

- News -Update - Nobody could run the GBAMP version, so I made a version that works on everything with the samples hard coded into the binary. Check the download links above. It even works in Dualis with sound.

03.18.06 - After sitting around on my hard drive for over a month, I felt like releasing it. Hope you have as much fun playing around with it as I did coding it.

Screenshot and Download via comments

HtheB
March 18th, 2006, 21:34
this reminds me Fruity Loops :D

GR8! :D

this is awsome :D

HtheB
March 19th, 2006, 19:26
oke M3 guys.. I fixed it with the pepsiman loader! :)
it works GREAT NOW for the M3 USERS TOO!

http://www.uploading.com/?get=T2MRJPK3

uploaded :)

here you go M3 GUYS! LETS GET THE BEAT STARTED!
it has a sample beat at the beginning..

+ (D-pad) = select a place to put in or delete a sound (you can see the instrument on the bottum of the topscreen)
A = add sound
B = delete sound
L = let the beat go faster
R = let the beat go slower
select = make a larger place to set beats (you cant go back to the earlier once again :( )
start = delete all sounds
:)

dissolve
April 27th, 2006, 01:58
Wow. So I could use my Ds for gigs? :)

GaMeR_2000
April 27th, 2006, 22:11
Looks pretty Kool with a kapital K!

owen.rh
April 30th, 2006, 16:40
i can't d/l for some reason. i get stuck in a loop where it asks me to constantly log in. i'm already logged in! are these files available anywhere else?

miner2049er
April 30th, 2006, 22:59
Chuckster this is really neat.

btw any plans to make StellaDS run on Supercard SD?

Strike2999
October 23rd, 2006, 01:24
HEHEHEH i still play on fruity loops:)

neon_hippy_wwwww
November 25th, 2006, 06:53
does it also work on Max Media Player?

bmoney3000
September 9th, 2007, 21:14
how do i put it on my r4, i tried downloading TR909.nds but it said "unable to initialize media device"

redeamer
November 10th, 2007, 23:33
how do i put it on my r4, i tried downloading TR909.nds but it said "unable to initialize media device"

I get this same message, what do we do wrong?

Sigma83
November 10th, 2007, 23:56
there's not much reason to use this program when something like nitrotracker has been written is there? http://nitrotracker.tobw.net/

Wilma
November 29th, 2007, 20:16
same issue with the R4 - any fixes/suggestions?

aztekkid
January 10th, 2008, 03:27
all the r4ds users, download the "nogbamp" version. the regular version will give u an error message.

-xD-Conor-xD-
March 31st, 2008, 20:33
"Select = make a larger place to set beats (you cant go back to the earlier once again )"

Press Y

=]

Chronik(B-Invaderz)
April 3rd, 2008, 12:47
Can u import wav?

jaws365
April 13th, 2008, 08:29
I just bought my DS to find out that Nitro Tracker was very unfinished and has bad sound. Not usable for me. I hope this is better.

If not I will stick to PSP with Rhythm, which ROCKS :)

some_guy_named_matt
July 20th, 2008, 08:49
whens there gonna be an update? =[
i want to import wavs... amongst other things, theres still a few bigs. =[

come onnnnnn....

[Matt]

mrnoizo
July 1st, 2009, 20:14
thx