View Full Version : Where to start

dcsk8n89
March 19th, 2006, 16:46
Hey everyone im new to this forum but not to the dc emu site been browsin around it for a while now messin around wit my psp and all this stuff intrests me quite a bit, And ive been wanting to get into making my own programs emulators and such for the psp. Im currently reading kaiser's tutorial and its really good props to him for that, ive also been reading c++ tutorials and any other programming ones but any other information that wuld be good for learning how to program id greatly appreciate thanks-dc

yaustar
March 20th, 2006, 07:03
If you are just starting out to program, I would learn just straight C rather then C++. C++ throws so much extra at you, it isn't the best language to learn in if you have no object orientated experience.

Start off with console DOS apps first, learning the use of variables, functions, loops, conditional/switch statements then moving to more advanced material such as macros, standard coding techniques etc, coding patterns.

After that, you next move will either involve learning SDL/Allegro (or another graphics API) or C++ along with object orientated programming.

First stop gamedev.net. They should enough links to get you going however nothing beats a good (e)book.