PDA

View Full Version : AFKIM - Away From Keyboard Instant Messenger Released!

wraggster
March 19th, 2006, 19:41
Danzel (http://localhost.geek.nz/afkim/) has released a rather excellent Instant Messenger client with support for AIM, ICQ, MSN, GTalk, Yahoo, this release is entered in the Neo Flash Contest and its gonna be damned hard to beat.

Downloads and Screenshots via Comments and Give your Feedback :)

VFerg
March 19th, 2006, 20:02
this is one of the coolest programs ive seen yet to be released for PSP. Its absolutely fantastic. Great job and hope the PSP scene sees more great stuff like this in the future! To bad I dont use instant messaging as much as I used to, still will use it from time to time though.

Insane1
March 19th, 2006, 20:27
A client with support for that many messanger types AND looks easy to use!?

There IS a God!!!! :D

Voltron
March 19th, 2006, 20:38
WOW, just woke up and saw this news post. This does look really great. A huge thanks goes out to all involved in its development. Keep at it.

StealthCP
March 19th, 2006, 21:03
omg... MSN in chemistry now XD

MaxSMoke
March 19th, 2006, 21:36
I give up! How do you use this keyboard thing? I can't get it to type in numbers at all!

bballking
March 19th, 2006, 21:43
maybe im just retarted but how the hell do u add more contacts???

drEDN4wt
March 19th, 2006, 21:43
the twintail keyboard would be an improvement

bballking
March 19th, 2006, 21:57
does anyone know how to add contacts???

MaxSMoke
March 19th, 2006, 22:03
This keyboard is a mess. I've looked up documentation on the P-Sprint keyboard and there's no mention of how to do numbers, which eliminates the ability to use ICQ. I've also tried to get it to do Caps, but that only seems to work randomly. Maybe the keyboard's broken, or maybe it's just so poorly designed that only the development team can pull off these button combos? Either way, the normal letters seem to work just fine, but most of the keyboard is inaccessible. I can't comment on the quality of software that I can't even start up.

Fatal Entity
March 19th, 2006, 22:03
great client. this is gonna be hard to beat. very easy to use. Thanks

jairolas
March 19th, 2006, 22:06
omg pretty cool 8)

imoneofthem
March 19th, 2006, 22:36
testing it now. Wow, a big thank you for producing a multi client messenger FOR 1.50. Someone stated earlier that there are a few problems such as the keyboard; well if it works it works (in my opinion) and they are more likely to fix these problems in later versions.

Thanks again :-)

jman420
March 19th, 2006, 22:41
looks sweet, downloading it now :p

caseyhalone
March 20th, 2006, 00:12
this is a good alpha release, what more could you want? obviously it will have other keyboards added later. props on a killer app. another must have for sure. i vote this goes open source so we can have other coders work on it after you win?

drew4237
March 20th, 2006, 00:49
k i will explain how to use the keyboard
for numbers u hold left then press x and in the bottom right it will switch from letters to numbers then press the white first then the otherone
then when letters is selected press the white first then the green one
to do caps hold the white for teh letter u want to do then press triangle then release and press the green button.
hope that this helps and if someone has a Question ask

quigs1337
March 20th, 2006, 00:57
Thanks alot, Drew, I would have never figured that one out on my own. This is an awesome program and just what I have been waiting for.

Cap'n 1time
March 20th, 2006, 02:18
wow. very simple. this certainly falls in with the "killer apps" :)
Personally Id rather see a classic "qwerty" keyboard interface in future versions with numbers on top.
"if it aint broken dont fix it."

nightcrawler420
March 20th, 2006, 04:17
can you run this with 2.0 with fanjitas wi-fi loader cant seem to get it to work if anybody with 2.0 has got it working please let me know

idapimp
March 20th, 2006, 05:19
awesomeness

_Kr4nG_
July 5th, 2006, 23:37
how do you work it. what folder do you put it into. i have version 2.71 will it run?