PDA

View Full Version : Oldschool Library

wraggster
March 20th, 2006, 00:49
An entry in the Neoflash Coding Comp (http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/board,38.0.html), heres the details:

Brunni posted this:

Description: Oldschool library is a library designed for creating 2D games, apps or demos for your PSP.
It's brings you all the power of the PSP graphic processor without having to learn lots of 3D and internal hardware concepts. It's very easy to use and flexible.

For example, you can load PNG images with alpha channel, deform them (zoom, rotation, transparency, tinting, bilinear filtering, ...), directly draw on them, draw maps, 4-point gradients, debug message boxes & console and so on.
You can also play audio files (.wav & .bgm), stream them from Memory Stick. It includes a key handler, so you can get when a key was pressed or is currently held, set autorepeat values for some pressed keys.

But instead of big speeches, you can download some samples on this page:
http://oslib.palib.info/samples/
Currently, it still needs some testing and other features are planned. It will be open source.
Note: I am not the same programmer as Mollusk, who wrote PALib, he just hosts my files.

Screenshot and Download Via Comments, Leave Feedback ;)

drew4237
March 20th, 2006, 01:57
so what is this exactly

practicing01
March 20th, 2006, 02:07
keep up the good work! =)

bizarre
March 20th, 2006, 04:34
so what is this exactly

Is obvious that this is a application to help making 2d games.

This looks Awesome, Woooooow

idapimp
March 20th, 2006, 05:57
cool

Apoklepz
March 20th, 2006, 11:50
I've been waiting & wanting a PSP app like this for a while now....Will give it a look today. It sounds really sweet man. Keep up the great work!

Cap'n 1time
March 20th, 2006, 14:44
how many layers are supported?

Mr.Modem
March 20th, 2006, 17:38
I've been waiting & wanting a PSP app like this for a while now....Will give it a look today. It sounds really sweet man. Keep up the great work!

Just to make it clear for everybody: This is not a magic app that you make homebrew games in, this is just a programming library (a very nice one though). You still need to know C/C++ programming to be able to use it.

lplover2k
March 20th, 2006, 19:59
anyone knows a good tutorial to make psp app??? this lib sounds good :)...

Hungry Horace
March 21st, 2006, 01:00
it does indeed sound very good. this is exactly the kind of incentive i need to start learning C, and stop programing in Amiga AMOS. :rolleyes:

bobbobjack
March 21st, 2006, 16:56
Yeah, good work. I've been looking for something like that for a moment now. If anyone could create a program like GameMaker for psp, we would see an explosion of homebrews and games for the psp.

lplover2k
March 21st, 2006, 18:26
yeah sure!!! wud really be a very nice thing..... wud have loads of games!!! and if a full-featured flash player comes out for psp i cud create some games in flash for my psp :):):)