PDA

View Full Version : SegaCD Emulator??

wolfpack
March 20th, 2006, 01:22
Is it possible for ANYONE to make a sega cd emulator? i mean, we have the sega genesis and super nintendo, but why not a sega cd? It mightve not had much but it had its good games, i dunno, i might be a noob, but if pspmonkey is making a nintendo 64 emulator, (Good luck to him btw, its some great work)
wont someone ever make a sega cd emulator? it would be greatly appreciated if someone did, it shouldnt be THAT hard speaking how all it is, is just an addon to the sega genesis.... :confused:

felonyr301
March 20th, 2006, 05:34
you just answer your question right there it doesnt have much and really wasnt popular so dont get your hopes well you may never know one day some guy secretly is working on it and brings out the emulator maybe maybe just pray i guess guy if there is one wish i could have illl wish for perfectly working emulators in every console that came out to work for the psp ... being realistic dont mean ps2 or xbox emulators i mean n64 ps1 gba and every single console you can think of that is lower gen than the ps2 excluding the dreamcast the dreamcast emulator could work cause its less powerful than the ps2 so another one i hope it ll go through but you get the picture

Kaiser
March 20th, 2006, 05:48
Sega Cd emulation is possible. Though it probably be a bitch to make it as Sega Cd emulation is not as simple as it may sound. We'll have to wait and see.

jairolas
March 20th, 2006, 07:32
Though it probably be a bitch to make it as Sega Cd emulation is not as simple as it may sound. We'll have to wait and see.
what the... hell :eek:

Kaiser
March 20th, 2006, 07:34
what the... hell :eek:

:confused:

b8a
March 20th, 2006, 08:12
This does seem like a good question, there were a few games for the Sega CD that were well recieved (Snatcher, while not originally for it, is still making top 10 lists), so you'd think someone would've got cracking on it. I have heard though that the Genesis/Megadrive was nonstandard and VERY difficult to program for. So, if the games were that hard to program, you'd think that the hardware itself would be extremely confounding and confusing as well.

jairolas
March 20th, 2006, 08:29
yeah, but if they make a port of Gens ...

Kaiser
March 20th, 2006, 20:52
I'd imagine Gens would be hard to optimize as its a pretty intensive emulator. But it sure would be great to see Gens on PSP. I think PSPGenesis has bits of Gens in it from what sougen told us back in the day.

wolfpack
March 21st, 2006, 02:08
yea see i have kega fusion and gens 2.12B, and i have some few good segacd games so i thought to myself, why not a segacd emulator for psp? id do it if i knew how to code but im only 16 and new to the programming stuff, ive been doing it for class and its only a matter of time before i start tinkering with the psp

IndianCheese
March 24th, 2006, 20:34
Well PSPGenesis is said to contain bits of Gens (read the about section in the game).