PDA

View Full Version : Aztec Challenge

wraggster
March 20th, 2006, 02:31
An entry in the Neoflash Coding Comp (http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/board,37.0.html), heres the details:

Bodom-Child posted this:

First, it's not a port of the Amiga Game Aztec Challenge (I didn't know this one till I released my game ...). It's a port of a TI-82 game that I loved, Laser Mayhem, by Badja. If the original game was a bit futuristic, I've changed it to a more "aztec thing", since I prefer this kind of look. All graphics and sprites are home-made.

So it's a Puzzle/Reflexion game . For each level you have to shoot the crystal twice, using "quetzalcoatl idols" to lauch fireballs. These fireballs have to make their way through the level using different objects. The first nine levels are tutorials which will explain you the goal of the differents objects you'll encounter. These nine levels passed, just put the cursor on an object to see its purpose on the upper screen (the game supports french and english language, depending on your DS settings).

You can play the game using the Pad or the stylus.

If you play with the .ds.gba one (on linker), your progress will be saved on SRAM, and you'll be able to continue your game. You can switch between the levels you've completed using L & R triggers. The total time you've played will also be saved. If you play on Supercard (.sc.nds) or GBA Movie Player, your progress won't be saved, but you can switch between all levels using L & R triggers. The game is also fully playable with Dualis and DSEmuMe (but without sound). If you want to restart a level, simply press Start to pause the game, and press B.

A Level Editor is also included, which allow you to create your own levels and add them directly to a rom, so you can test them directly on your DS . This editor also allow you to save your own levels on your hard drive (in case you want to edit them later), and to send me the levels by a simple click (it's automatic, just send the generated mail). And if your levels are good, they will be in the next versions of the game !

Screenshots and Downloads Via Comments

ChaoFan531
August 5th, 2006, 23:33
When I download .rar files, the icon shows up as tools or something. I can't open the file not even in MoonShell!:eek:

phazon guardian
December 22nd, 2006, 00:13
you need to use winrar (http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar362.exe) or a program of the same sorts to open a .rar, it's a compressed file.

=TeDdY=
December 26th, 2006, 23:21
yop
is like win zip :D
thx for the game >.<