PDA

View Full Version : Tetris and Touch

wraggster
March 20th, 2006, 02:36
An entry in the Neoflash Coding Comp (http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/board,37.0.html), heres the details:

Payk posted this:

ohh finaly....
So here is my version not perfect but playable and makes fun....

Its a Tetrisclone but with new style...

What my version has, what orginal doesnt have:
-My cubes are falling "stepless"
-My tetris is in 3D
-U can use touchscreen instead of buttons...
-The Cubes are realy rotating

Most inportant was for me: To let Tetris like everyone knows it...

It wasnt easy to make a new movement/physic which should stay tetrisstyle but stepless...

Ok u may wondering "Is there just one stone in the game..."
No all 7 stones are there...But the emualtor i used seemed to dont know randomnumbers, or it doesnt support timerinterrupts...

There are still some bugs and i am not shure if today is last day...
there stands "untill 20th" Does that mean tomorow is still allowed???

The music is from my brother so if u dont like it... i cant help u...
So if u find some bugs please tell me... here is a rar-archive its contents are: ds.gba (for flascard/for supercard u have to rename to .nds) and .nds for wmb (ahh i forgot the WifiLogo hehe looks like a bug but it isnt)

Instruction:

If u see that Splashscreen (with that rotating letters)
u have tu push start...
if u are game over u have to push start, too.

Controls:
Use the D-Pad to move the cube arround or touch inside the circle, if u now move the stylus to right the cube moves,too. (if there is nothing in its way)

if u touch under the circle and move the stylus or if u hit A/B-Button the stone will rotate

Screenshots and Downloads Via Comments

Payk
March 20th, 2006, 13:45
Wow perhaps i get known in the nds-scene now... hehe ok what do u think of my game... The main problem is that my nds-touchscreen doesnt work well... So how is control on ur nds? What do u think of this version?

Payk
March 20th, 2006, 13:48
ok perhaps a bit stupid to code a touchsupport which i cant test well... but i know how to use the input. I just dont know how it feels to control it...

DimensionT
March 20th, 2006, 16:08
The touch screen worked good for me, but I found it a little akward rotating to blocks using the stylus. It'd be cool if rotating was mapped to L and R too, so you could use them if you wanted. Great game none the less. Keep up the good work!

Payk
March 20th, 2006, 17:58
Thanx... to rotate u can use the a/b button but i can change that quickly ok wait 20 mins i have to something before

Payk
March 20th, 2006, 18:07
ok added but we have to wait untill its hosted

obi1kenobi67854
May 11th, 2006, 21:04
silly question but does anyone know how to play .rar file games

Troufart
September 2nd, 2006, 01:47
Hey I downloaded this ... I can't get it to work... I used datel's 4 gb hdd thing and it came with the moon shell program thingie... I need help from startr to finish Help please!!!!!!!:eek:

Junixx
September 2nd, 2006, 01:51
Most likely it doesnt work with the MMP, not much does...

lexluthor
September 2nd, 2006, 09:46
silly question but does anyone know how to play .rar file games

.rar is the file its been compressed too (Like zip files) You need to download the program Winzip to unzip the file and get the rom from inside.

ACID
September 2nd, 2006, 10:32
Nice little game.

Payk
September 2nd, 2006, 14:02
Thanx!
I thought about remaking because i leanred much how to optimize it and i could make it on both screens...