PDA

View Full Version : What Have You Done In The Last Six Months With Your Life?

wraggster
May 19th, 2009, 16:35
Work, Sleep, Websites, Work, family, fun with death threats, stress/depression

I'm trying to think what else I've done in the past six months...

Shrygue
May 19th, 2009, 20:35
Well for me I've been working for about 2 months and before that stuck on Jobseekers' Allowance. I'm lucky enough to be re-offered the job I was on before in tough times like these, with the credit crunch, mass layoffs and all.

DPyro
May 19th, 2009, 20:42
Sitting on my ass doing nothing :p

Triv1um
May 20th, 2009, 01:05
I dropped out of college, spent ages looking for a job in this bad time, found a job about a week ago (started 2 days ago) and im going back to college in september.

VampDude
May 20th, 2009, 01:59
In December I was given the job I currently have, which I work Mondays and Tuesdays (it was supposed to be temporary)... And that is 6 months, two or three days ago.

But apart from that, I have done nothing except the odd few times I've socialized. I've mainly gone to see movies, the first two with someone and the last one (Wolverine) on my own.

This past month, I've been working on my PC which blew up in September (I made a thread). It was in pieces from mid-October, which I had no idea where any of the things connected to (I don't know why I took it apart?), though I was given a "donor PC" to strip of parts which very wisely I used a permanent marker on the connections so I knew where to connect stuff on my PC. Two weeks ago I installed Windows XP onto it, since that was what it had when purchased. This week though, I purchased a PCi card and installed all the drivers (sound/graphics etc) I neglected to install a few weeks ago. Then today I installed Ubuntu (dualboot) and experienced Linux for the first time with an internet connection, which I'm going to be looking into using more of Ubuntu when my PCi card arrives (hopefully tomorrow) because my PC doesn't live in the office (spare room) where there is an ethernet cable (I'm usually wireless).

--

The next 6 months should be interesting, though currently I have no insight as to how because I'm currently thinking... Of what, I currently have no idea?

mike_jmg
May 23rd, 2009, 00:44
Search for a job, which I still haven't found
Get my 360 softmoded
Started going to the gym again, hopefully this time for good

Eviltaco64
May 23rd, 2009, 02:31
Looking for work, large amounts of school work, do nothing of importance. :P

TacticalBread
May 31st, 2009, 22:27
I've been going to college, and I finally got a job the other day, after almost two years of searching.

it's not easy for an inexperienced high school drop to find a job, lol.

quzar
June 2nd, 2009, 10:18
Wrote an OS kernel, graduated from college, spent a week in the mountains of virginia with a lovely older lesbian couple, and am now busy cleaning my room, testing out windows 7 and looking for a job.

Zack
June 3rd, 2009, 14:25
Stayed in the same job.... Programmed a lot more... Released a few versions of Wolf 3D :p, had a few flings with some nice girls and some wierd ones :rolleyes:.

As for the next 6 months? More of the same hopefully, with better health fingers crossed :)

xandie
June 10th, 2009, 07:51
What have I been doing lately...

For the past six months...

I've done: work and work ... :D

Nothing 's more fun than that.
As long as I'm enjoying.. :thumbup:

miswa
June 12th, 2009, 09:24
The past 6 months, well that would've been from January till now, so I went to the beach, surf the net and surf some more, worked for 6 weeks, spent the first 4 months in an internship. Pretty boring actually.

BlueCrab
June 12th, 2009, 15:45
I finished with my Bachelor's degree in Computer Science...

Kaiser
June 15th, 2009, 05:07
I finished with my Bachelor's degree in Computer Science...

Congrats :)

In the last 6 months I have done numerous things actually. Started learning french, started learning guitar and on top of all of this I barely got through another semester of college and wasted hundreds of dollars on useless stuff off ebay. Just recently I've begun restoring an old RX-7 I have had for the longest time but had never done anything with it. I still have a long way to go though.

Eviltaco64
June 15th, 2009, 05:30
Hey, it's Kaiser!

Anyway, I'm just laying low and relaxing at the minute. I'm also planning on restoring my 1975 Oldsmobile Cutlass. As of right now, it needs a new battery, new brakes, some rust repair, and some interior work until it's fully restored.