PDA

View Full Version : Sega Finally Brings Jambo! Safari Home

wraggster
May 20th, 2009, 20:17
Jambo! Safari may not be Sega's most recognizable arcade title, but it ranks as a personal favorite. So I'm probably more excited than 99% of you to learn that Sega is finally bringing it home.

Sega has announced that Jambo! Safari, a port of the 1999 arcade title, will be coming to the Wii later this year with "modern graphics and deeper gameplay, suited to today's Nintendo consumers." Staying true to the arcade original, players can choose one of four safari rangers and a small fleet of vehicles to catch and photograph African wildlife. It will arrive as Jambo! Safari Ranger Adventure, adding required-by-Wii-law mini-games including "Ostrich Racing" and "Meerkat Madness."

Trust me, it's far more fun than I'm making it out here, akin to similar Sega arcade titles released at the time like Crazy Taxi and 18 Wheeler: American Pro Trucker.

Also potentially exciting is an announced Nintendo DS version of Jambo! Safari, dubbed Jambo! Safari Animal Rescue. Details and media are still scarce.

http://kotaku.com/5262911/sega-finally-brings-jambo-safari-home

Darksaviour69
May 20th, 2009, 21:57
Yeah, it was one of those games that should have been ported to the dc, and would had have if sega hadn't dropped the dc