PDA

View Full Version : AFKIM v1b Away from Keyboard Instant Messager

wraggster
March 20th, 2006, 19:43
Danzel (http://localhost.geek.nz/afkim/) has updated his Away from Keyboard Instant Messager. For those of you who dont know this is an Instant Message Program for AIM, ICQ, MSN, GTalk & Yahoo!

Heres whats new:

Fixed account creation to actually create the correct account types (gtalk and yahoo were creating msn accounts!)
It seems that the crashfix for too many buddies doesn't work always (or maybe something else is causing a crash),
if you have one then record the UPC and RA hex values (thats the top most and the bottom right ones) and drop me a message with them telling me what you were doing.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

pepegomez
March 20th, 2006, 20:14
nice support, that was a quick patch.

jason867
March 20th, 2006, 20:42
when I'm at the on screen keyboard, I try to switch to numbers mode by hold L trigger and pressing x, and it doesn't work

and through experimenting, I tried holding up arrow and pressing x, and it causes the [letters] display to disappear, and nothing can be typed except for boxes []. you can only get those boxes when you try to type certain characters (such as the number two)

because of this I can't type the [@] symbol in addresses & accounts, thus rendering your program unusable.

just figured I would let you know as I had not heard of anyone else expierencing this. is there something I did wrong?

but great job on what so far seems to be a great app!

StealthCP
March 20th, 2006, 21:25
Excellent. The 1a release worked well in Chemistry and this can only be an improvement. I hope you win this proggy contest, whatever it is.

snazzleberryman
March 20th, 2006, 22:24
yea if anybody knows how to get the number keys to work plz post or email me at [email protected]

thanx and nice work!

imoneofthem
March 20th, 2006, 22:42
I think the keyboard should be the same as the one used on PSP Jabber; simple and easy to use (it's quite hard to use button combinations). The '@' key i have found impossible to type.

pepegomez
March 20th, 2006, 22:44
did u try to type the login name without the @hotmail.com part? that may works

Unicorn
March 20th, 2006, 23:44
should read the README file which the package includes. It explains how to put the @. The numbers can be put pressing Left (on digital pad) and X (its explained on the readme too).
Everybody can use this nice (but difficult to use because of the keyboard) appz in 2.00 firmware using Loader 0.9 and WIFI support.
Well done pal

The_Ultimate_Eggman
March 21st, 2006, 10:25
Still hangs on coding comp screen :( FW 1.5 anyone else having same problem ??

imoneofthem
March 21st, 2006, 15:37
Yup, it's annoying but it works. It's only the keyboard that is really annoying + why do we have to connect to their server in order to log onto a messenger?

Also why does it not save my login details in the cfg file?
(could anyone post the 'servers' for MSN, AIM, ICQ and Yahoo?)
It would make life easier if these were already included in the cfg file and all we would have to do is to enter in username and password..

danzel
March 21st, 2006, 22:51
@The_Ultimate_Eggman - do you have the wifi switch on and atleast one infrastructure wifi connection set up in your network settings?

Yup, it's annoying but it works. It's only the keyboard that is really annoying
A better keyboard is coming in the future.

why do we have to connect to their server in order to log onto a messenger?
Because it's insanely difficult to code a client that can connect to all of the major im protocols, the easier task of using an existing service to connect to them was a much better option as it instantly provides access to all the major IM networks with minimum work.

Also why does it not save my login details in the cfg file?
(could anyone post the 'servers' for MSN, AIM, ICQ and Yahoo?)
It would make life easier if these were already included in the cfg file and all we would have to do is to enter in username and password..
What you are meant to do to set this program up with your accounts was described in the readme, you don't need seperate servers to set up multiple accounts, they are all done through your bitlbee account.
Your bitlbee server/username/password are stored in the text file, your msn/yahoo/aim/icq/gtalk account details are stored on the bitlbee server (encrypted so no one can get at them, they are definately safe).

You can vote for afkim in the neoflash coding competition here:
http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,1941.0.html :)

Uzumaki Naruto
April 6th, 2006, 14:32
How do you use it with a 2.0 firmware?