PDA

View Full Version : Can't Run Homebrew Channel

johno2212
May 22nd, 2009, 01:50
Here goes...

Installed homebrew channel using bannerbomb and hackmii installer on 3.3e.

Ran homebrew channel many times over the next few days with no issues at all.

Attempted to downgrade my wii to 3.2 by using the following method: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=170132

I got to step 5 with no issues at all. Once i got to step 5, which is the shop IOS51 install, it seemed to complete successfully. It asked me if i wanted to install the new shop channel, i said NO.
Then it said the wii is rebooting. I waited about 5 mins but nothing happened, it just hung on this screen, so i turned off my wii manually.

I booted back up and tried to run homebrew channel. I pressed start, the screen went black, my wii remote de-synced and nothing happened. I rebooted and tried again, but same thing, black screen even after being left for over 10 mins.

I tried starting from scratch. I did a complete system format, ran bannerbomb, installed homebrew channel again, tried to run it but still the same issue!

I'm lost now, I've searched everywhere and found no solution to my problem. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!!

jaysz
May 23rd, 2009, 00:47
Hi johno2212.
Funny thing, I just did the exact same thing today. Only difference is I had 3.3u on mine. But step for step we have done the same thing. I have been searching for the last two hours and have found no solutions. I will let you know if I do find something that works. Please let me know if you find some thing as well. GOOD LUCK!!!
Jaysz

VampDude
May 23rd, 2009, 00:58
Banner Bomb is new, so expect things not to run properly.

Try the Twilight Hack.

jaysz
May 23rd, 2009, 01:48
Ok, Thanks for the advice. I will delete HomebrewChannel and try to reinstall with another method? Any suggestions? It was working fine until I tried to downgrade.

Thanks again.

VampDude
May 23rd, 2009, 02:36
Downgrades when not performed properly have bizarre after effects, I've managed to downgrade from three firmware builds with no troubles.

Re-install the Homebrew Channel, and look for my guide (somewhere within my created topics) for downgrading your Wii. The needed files are included. :cool:

johno2212
May 28th, 2009, 13:49
Sorry for late reply...

I managed to get it working!

I was attempting to install the homebrew channel included with the latest hackmii installer, I believe it was hbc v1.0.2.. With no luck.

After all the trouble, installing v1.0.1 from the offiicial site fixed the problem..

BTW, used bannerbomb for everything, worked perfectly for me..

shadegrown
June 3rd, 2009, 22:30
I'm having the same problem after installing the Shop IOS51. Everything seemed fine, but now HBC doesn't start (black screen...)

I removed the HBC from the Data Management and tried to install it again using Hackmii 0.2. Installation was success according to installer but the result remained the same. I also tried Hackmii 0.1.

johno2212, where did you get this 1.0.1 HBC Channel and how did you install it?

Nskate95
June 5th, 2009, 19:17
Sorry for late reply...

I managed to get it working!

I was attempting to install the homebrew channel included with the latest hackmii installer, I believe it was hbc v1.0.2.. With no luck.

After all the trouble, installing v1.0.1 from the offiicial site fixed the problem..

BTW, used bannerbomb for everything, worked perfectly for me.. Could you tell me how you did that? I have exactly the same problem. Thanks.

nik3
July 7th, 2009, 10:28
I had a similar black screen problem but all i did was load up zelda and use twilight hack to install original homebrew channel.then it worked.but as i loaded up the homebrew channel it then asked for an update.The update installed but left me with a black screen.I repeated the twilight hack using zelda and homebrew channel was back to normal.i skipped updating and everything works fine.
Version 3.3e