PDA

View Full Version : DOS games (Hexis,Quake,ect) on 3000

omgpwn
May 22nd, 2009, 04:03
Hello all =D I have a question,I asked around on sites like yahoo answer,but no answers,So I thought I would bring this question to were it really belongs,I have a psp 3000 hacked with ChickHEN,and I cant get any DOS games to work on my psp,such as Quake,Hexis,and some others,I only got Doom,and duke nukem 3d. I love them games,but I want more,I want to know how to install them kind of games,Hexis for example,there is a folder called Hexis and another called Hexis% Do I use both!? and when they say data files,do they mean the gcf file? Or the whole game? These answer will be very valuable to me,please help!

Also I noticed ChickHen only allows you to use like 32-34 mb ram instead of the max 64mb (I forgot the number of ram it used on ChickHen,sorry)
So is it ghetto that I used the PHAT version of hl1 on the psp? I used the slim version and it dident work,I used fat and it worked,when I got to the game in my psp,when i was using the slim one it said Half-Life 64mb So I used PHAT.then it worked
Sorry for typing so much,THANK YOU! :thumbup:

hlm
May 23rd, 2009, 00:33
The reason you can only use so much ram is because if you use too much, ChickHEN will be overwritten in the ram and might end up in the psp taking over full funtionality of the psp, but anyways... the two folders with one ending in a % is common, I am fairly new to the scene, but I think the one with the % is for kernel 1.50, in other words, if it doenst load up just put that eboot.pbp file into the psp/game/GAMENAME folder..

does this answer all your questions?

omgpwn
May 23rd, 2009, 19:37
Thank you so much! Thats what I needed =) ! !
ty ty ty!:D