PDA

View Full Version : What Are You Playing This Weekend?

wraggster
May 22nd, 2009, 22:39
My fellow Americans and I will be enjoying the pleasures of a three-day weekend, thanks to the arrival of Memorial Day. In shallow remembrance of our fallen servicemen, I'll be playing Rock Band Unplugged.

Probably not the most fitting tribute, I'll concede, but I hope to make up for it by patriotically consuming large volumes of potato salad and barbecued meats. While doing so, I won't forget the men (and women) who died, who gave that right to me, to borrow from Lee Greenwood.

The only military service I see myself doing this weekend is appropriating a new American flag, learning how to properly dispose of the old one, so as not to incur Lincoln's Curse, and then by maybe playing some Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.

Say, it's a free Team Fortress 2 weekend, which is also on sale via Steam right now. That might help you answer the question "What are you playing this weekend?"

http://kotaku.com/5266294/what-are-you-playing-this-weekend

Iceman^2
May 22nd, 2009, 23:13
I will also be honoring the serviceman by playing the endless setlist on Rock Band Unplugged. To honor the troops I'll play taps for a local VFW hall.

Darksaviour69
May 22nd, 2009, 23:39
farcry 2,was a slow starter for me. Was going to give up after the first 2 hrs cause i wasn't really getting into it. I gave it one more hour, glad I did. Not a great game, but good game, the bush fires are class looking.

mike_jmg
May 23rd, 2009, 00:23
I'm still trying to drag myself into finishing RE5 and Resistance Retribution cause I lost interest in both, but I have to finish them.

Also planing to play some yu-gi-oh gx tag force 3 this afternoon against the only one of my friends that likes the game and has a psp.

Who knows, I might keep up were I started on Twilight princess

update: I got beaten up on yu-gi-oh gx3, so I'm creating a new deck which I hope will be enough to get back at my friend

bumfacekilla
May 23rd, 2009, 00:54
A mixture of the old and the new, I'll be playing Punch Out (Wii) and Suikoden 2 (PS1)

shenske37
May 23rd, 2009, 01:03
I'll be playing UFC Undisputed 2009. Its a pretty tough game with a really tough learning curve on the ground (even on beginner).

chanaz
May 23rd, 2009, 01:09
The freakiest Japanese H-Game i can track down on torrent websites, or UFC undisputed.

Depends if i feel like Walking to my bros room for the xbox, or having a friend bring me his ps2.

rbervoets
May 23rd, 2009, 01:46
Ill be playing Godfather II, its a great game

Triv1um
May 23rd, 2009, 02:16
Ill be playing Godfather II, its a great game

Haha.

No, really. What will you be playing?

goshogun1
May 23rd, 2009, 03:49
Yay 2 and 1/2 weeks till Summer classes! I am finding myself engrossed in FF XII again. I go through phases of hating and loving the game. This time its all love, as I am learning so much on my second play-though.

Also just started SMT: Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga 1. I hated Persona 3, so I weary of playing the fourth one, but I got it anyway.

MicroNut
May 23rd, 2009, 06:13
Left 4 Dead on Expert

VampDude
May 23rd, 2009, 09:20
Call of Duty: World at War... Though probably tomorrow and Monday, because I've been completely sidetracked this week and really need to complete Persona 4 (I'm not going to let it fade into my non-completed games). :)

Da_ALC
May 23rd, 2009, 09:27
QuakeLive dot com. : Jade_Goody

apex05
May 23rd, 2009, 12:50
Smugglers Run 2 (Ps2) played the first one years ago and thought i'd give this one a go, and i'm really lovin it.

devdj
May 23rd, 2009, 13:43
I'll be playing some Call of Duty: World at War, Modern Warefare,Fable 2 and Gundam Musou 2 as i wait for Battlefield 1943 DLC and Prototype.

Capn Makeveli
May 23rd, 2009, 15:25
Tenchu: Shadow Assasins on PSP. One of the first games I've really got into on the PSP. :)

paul3100
May 23rd, 2009, 17:57
kid chaos (amiga)

Just remembered the name couple of days ago and now have time to sit and complete it ! . Last time i played kid chaos was 94/5 so good times ahead.

Q) what sort of game is it? .....

A) Its a platformer and is very much like the classic genesis/megadrive sonic the hedgehog

paul

Penguinator
May 23rd, 2009, 19:05
Assasin's Creed & DMC4 (on Son of Sparda)
(on PC)
I cannot still understand why they had to ruin the AC with all that DNA-memory & Animus crap. Otherwise it would have been nearly perfect.

Triv1um
May 24th, 2009, 02:29
I will be playing my banjo string this weekend.