PDA

View Full Version : PSP DIZASTER WMA ENABLER for 2.60

wraggster
March 21st, 2006, 21:35
A release for the NeoFlash Coding Comp, heres the details:

supa_sick posted this

PSP DIZASTER WMA ENABLER for 2.60

this will enable the wma support on your psp if you do not have access to a wifi/wireless internet connection

setup

1. extract the containing folder "wmaenable" to the "games" folder on the psp
2. on your psp start the gta umd game
3. once eloader is loaded you should see your eboots go to the eboot that named "PSP WMA ENABLER"
4. start/run "PSP WMA ENABLER" by pressing the "X" or "O" button
5. once the app "PSP WMA ENABLER" is running and you see the words "wma enabler" press the "x" button
6. once and after you pressed "x" the app will do its duty of enabling your wma support
7. the app will take you back to the eloader menu.
8. press "start" button to exit eloader
9. you will notice a change of look and system name.
10. put your music (wma files) on your psp
11. play your music

*WARNING* if this bricks your psp pspdizaster are not to be blamed. You are the one that took the chance of using this so blame yourself...

** you can change your name back to anything you want if youde like it wont hurt anything**

*** We at pspdizaster have tested this and have not bricked our psp so if you brick its your fault for altering the file while thinking you can do more with this file***

Download Via Comments

Sterist
March 21st, 2006, 22:07
lol wow wut a disclaimer, could be taken wrong in 1000 different ways

for future reference, disclaimers should be formal

Eleetist
March 21st, 2006, 22:20
Wow, a wma enabler, that must have taken like a whole lunchbreak to "code". If these guys are the same disasters (this is how it's spelled) who tried to con people with their "almost ready foolproof patentable modchip" into donating then I know exactly what to expect.

Tripred
March 21st, 2006, 22:42
I thought you could enable WMA playback from the System menu on the PSP's dashboard/os/main menu thing?

PSProdigy
March 21st, 2006, 23:19
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you can use WMA on 2.6 already. I don't really get the point of this...

archronos
March 21st, 2006, 23:33
wow, before i read the diclaimer i was willing to try it, but i don't wanna take a chance bricking my psp

lplover2k
March 22nd, 2006, 07:05
yeah me2 i have 2.01 and not very willing to try it...

Eleetist
March 22nd, 2006, 09:51
It's so you can enable wma without a wireless Internet connection, which was necessary if you have a 2.6 PSP. Yeah, people really needed this. WMA on a 2.6 PSP without an Internet connection, the scene was crying out for it. All hail PSPDizaster, why actually code a program that can run WMA's when they can take credit for something that the PSP already does? They were probably too busy patenting the universal downgrader/unbricker modchip anyway.

Fou-Ryu
March 22nd, 2006, 13:29
someone trying this out maybe?

It sounds nice to activate WMA Playback... but Im not using this before someone gives me a Report if this works...

Until them Im simply using some of my Homebrew to run WMA Music...

Greetz~

doggy
March 22nd, 2006, 15:10
doctor made madicine and when the patient used it and died, dont blame the doctor!!!!

Eleetist
March 22nd, 2006, 18:41
Dude just find a hotspot near you and activate it there without any risk at all. It's that easy. You need to have 2.6 though. If I can find a hotspot in Romania, I'm sure you all can wherever you are.

Sterist
March 22nd, 2006, 20:05
posts number 4 and 5, you obviously didnt read the first post before posting here. ill quote it for ya :)

"this will enable the wma support on your psp if you do not have access to a wifi/wireless internet connection"

post number 6, you took the disclaimer wrong in 1 of the 1000 ways to take it. please refer to post number 1 (my post).

this simply cannot brick yur psp because GTA exploit has no flash memory access. unless fanjita lied to the public, and that would be quite a reputation for such a famous dev, then there is no way u could brick yur psp by using homebrew on 2.01+.

if this truely does access flash (which i doubt) then fanjita has lied to us from his previous claim when ppl were asking about downgraders. after all, this is two things now that seem to access flash via GTA now: pspsetx's X and O switcher, and the WMA enabler now. i am in no way a psp coder (yet) but i know the concept of a program of any sort running on a psp.

i think we need some clarification........

post number 11

there is no risk of this, only if u alter the coding of the eboot or wutever. even then, GTA still can access flash soooo... this couldnt brick a psp even if it was ment to

the disclaimer wasnt put together all that well lol, thats all

Timale-Kun
March 22nd, 2006, 23:02
What a Disclaimer!!! Are Sure about their soft (just kidding). Anyway people won't be able to say they were not warm about^^

Fou-Ryu
March 23rd, 2006, 12:12
You cant technically destroy your PSP System using the GTA-eLoader...

But then again, this does Modifications on the Registry Settings... if those Settings are incorrect, it will give u a Blackscreen of Death... every Time u startup ur psp...

Its no bricking really, but a Registry Error then, so - ur psp wont work - even thought its not bricked...

chopper
March 23rd, 2006, 13:14
im puzzled if this is for 2.60 as its got a wma enabler in the system menu so i just dont see the worth of this :confused:

D0N
March 23rd, 2006, 16:52
Hey guys. Just thought i wud let u no. I tried this n it works!!! Wen i brought my psp back 2 the main screen my buttons had been swapped 2!!! (Ive got a Japanese psp)

Fou-Ryu
March 25th, 2006, 12:24
Interesting... I guess all he does is simply overwriting the Registry with a Dump of his...

So, I guess he has a European / US 2.6... therefore the Buttons are swapped for you...

BTW. hello dawd

StealthCP
March 28th, 2006, 17:14
K. For those of you that haven't realised, but I have, this app writes to the flash1. That is the user config folder, which cannot brick your PSP (your PSP has a backup for corrupted settings), and that explains the button switch, and this WMA activation. The eLoader cannot write to flash0 (system files) so you cannot brick your PSP.

joshk525
March 30th, 2006, 08:08
just tried it worked fine until i exited eloader then a message came up saying corrupted settings had to restore all default settings. :eek:

Clordio
March 31st, 2006, 07:04
Your fine, no harm done, just retype your name and choose your time zone. I'm gonna try this real quick...(lost my WEP key)

urherenow
March 31st, 2006, 16:18
#15... you're still confused. There is an option in the system menu to enable WMA mut you need a wireless connection to do it. The purpose of this program is so people who don't have/Don't know how to set up wireless connectivity, can get the WMA support.

huangxuwei
May 17th, 2006, 13:39
thank you for this software ,i look for a long time

spyder52
May 20th, 2006, 07:37
hey when i used it it changed my jap psp with circle as enter to x as enter and you did not say anything about it how do i get ti back to circle

Mr. Shizzy
May 20th, 2006, 07:56
they should make a wma player for 1.5's. Now that would be cool.

XxexX1
June 5th, 2006, 02:28
it's not working for me and i dont know what i did wrong? i have verson 2.71 does it matter?

joker7969
December 15th, 2006, 10:11
hey if i got version 2.71 and i want to go back to 2.60 becuase the wma dose not work on my psp and i dont have wireless internet to update it...tell me what i should do?

C0R3F1GHT3R
December 15th, 2006, 10:50
so i have 2.71SE-C i should be able to enable it w/o the net right?

juggaleaux
December 15th, 2006, 11:18
let me know when a wmv player comes out.