PDA

View Full Version : GBA - Brunni`s GBA Emulator

wraggster
March 21st, 2006, 21:43
Brunni (http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,1879.0.html) has released a GBA Emulator of Sorts for the PSP, heres what he posted:

There is another project I began, just to show the PSP's power (and OSLib).
Basically, it would be a GBA emulator, but it's not really one for now as it doesn't emulates the CPU yet (so you cannot run another ROM than mine for now, which is recompiled, and writes into emulator registers, and emulated through a separate process), but just basic GBA hardware, and GPU is far from being complete (the 4 BGs and their modes are displayed, basic sprite support without rotation & alpha blending, no HBLANK interrupts) and sound hardware is not emulated. The GBA display processor is emulated fully using the PSP hardware.

This is not a port of an existing emulator, I wrote all myself (it's why it takes lot of time and is far from being complete, but runs at a good speed for now).
So, this is a challenge, maybe it will give nothing at the end, but it shows what we can do with oslib ^^
Controls: cross, circle, joypad.

Very Curious Release, and one that you should try and comment on :), Basically its a Single Game GBA Emu for the PSP

bizarre
March 21st, 2006, 21:51
Brunni rules, man, you rules, when i see the oslib demostrations i cant wait to see the first games.
Seriously man, you rules

O-bake
March 21st, 2006, 21:51
Really interesting.
Great to see that Brunni is writing it from scratch, customized for the PSP and not doing a "simple" port.

Good luck with this project!

Sterist
March 21st, 2006, 22:14
cant wait for full speed gba

wraggster
March 21st, 2006, 22:14
anyone got a screen of this working, im too busy to try it at mo

bullhead
March 21st, 2006, 23:16
This has promise, great job. Your lucky you have fingers

Voltron
March 21st, 2006, 23:42
Any effort to bring GBA emulation to the PSP is very much appreciated. And the fact that this is being written from scratch is commendable.

Good job Brunni!

aries2k4
March 21st, 2006, 23:49
Ya, keep at it mate. Good work!

felonyr301
March 22nd, 2006, 00:16
from scratch wow good luck with this man wishing you luck..

shadowhawk22
March 22nd, 2006, 02:06
Yippy!!!! A GBA emulator on the PSP is my personal dream for homebrew. I know there have been a few in the past, but slow speeds and no sound really damper my enthusiasm. I really feel like your emulator has some potential. I hope that you can get it working with some commercial roms at full speed and sound. Thanks so much for all your hard work! keep it up man!

Cheers,
hawk

oninotsume
March 22nd, 2006, 03:37
It's good to hear that someone is taking on this challange again. I figured the GBA emulator to be as good as dead.

From what I've read, mind you I know nothing about programming, this project is only possible through a highly optimized dynamic recompiler, so it sounds like you've got your work cut out for you.

Nonetheless, I wish you the best of luck and hope you continue working on this. :D

chrisrulz555
March 22nd, 2006, 04:41
I cant say how happy I am to see someone working on the gba emulator, This is a great day thank you for your hard work and im sure we all hope to see this getting better in the future.

LAMPRO
March 22nd, 2006, 06:19
This needs to happen, in a fully working release.. amazing B, amazing.. keep it up!!.

.:PSP1.0:.
March 22nd, 2006, 07:09
Thanks Brunni! Keep up the good work! ;)

pkmusicmaker
March 22nd, 2006, 07:29
when a gba emulator is finally completed for the psp, i'll be able to have no regrets of never buying a gba in the first place, lol. keep this up, i hope it works out for you.

titch.ryan
March 22nd, 2006, 08:18
hopefully will turn out to be a great gba emu. full sound would be amazing as im at the moment using PSPGBA 1.1 which is great but no sound and speeds are a tad slow :( keep up the good work hope it turns out to be amazing!

ziu
March 22nd, 2006, 09:52
I wondered why nobody coded a gba emu on the scratch or continue working on
the existing emus because of the fact that theres a guy who is coding a n64 emulator.
continue the good work and good luck, cant wait to play gba on my psp!
thank you :)

looop
March 22nd, 2006, 11:33
Is this emulator based on one game, I mean, is this just for one game? And it isn't only sonic eh? Will test it soon, good job, I think. :p

Mew
March 22nd, 2006, 15:28
emu and rom works perfect!
full speed!!!

Timale-Kun
March 22nd, 2006, 22:42
So Amazing dude!!! French people is already aware about your work as well as your OSLib Right Here (http://www.pspshock.com/index.php?2006/03/22/638-brunni-s-gba-emulator-en-quelque-sorte-pour-psp), taking a GBA Emulator as a project to do will include some pressure lol!!from some guys but don't care of them. work as u wish and hoping it will lead to something great!!! once again Thanks and keep up the good work

chopper
March 23rd, 2006, 00:10
sounds great but i hope he is commited to it otherwise we'll end up with another half finished gba emulator to add to the list

-ET-
March 23rd, 2006, 23:39
If anything I just hope he can fix the sound

Raekwik11
March 24th, 2006, 00:51
I respect you for making such a thing from scratch. It must be one of the hardest things to create and us being able to use it for free. I thank you for your work.

Lodis
March 24th, 2006, 01:45
If you commit to this project, expect some donations. I am not excited about this simply because I have seen many half finished projects, particularly GBA emulators.

omniosiris
March 24th, 2006, 01:55
this could be great...a good GBA emu is on the very top of my "stuff I want on my PSP" list

a_nirvana_fan
March 25th, 2006, 12:12
Wow, the game actually runs like a dream....but please be commited and finish the emulator off because its shaping upto be the best GBA emulator to date. Good work.

KeepsieBlue
March 27th, 2006, 04:55
hope its goes fast i just hope u get it up and going alright

sroon
March 30th, 2006, 04:08
Looks like it will be awsome. great work!

Timale-Kun
April 11th, 2006, 16:11
Up this Thread^^ Is anybody have news about this project? or it was only a shot^^

Lodis
April 12th, 2006, 00:08
Maybe this is just another half finished GBA emu to add to the list. I won't hold my breath.

wolfpack
April 12th, 2006, 01:47
i agree, lately theres been absolutely no updates on any of the GBA emulators... ive tried these emulators, frankly i think theyre good work but it needs to stay in progress and not get abandoned. But we can only hope there is some work being done.

Mourningstar
April 18th, 2006, 08:42
I think its a damn shame that there no good working GBA emu for PSP yet.......hell, if SNES, PSX and N64 can be dont then there is absolutely no reason to not have a working GBA emu at around 75% with sound.....

I just wish someone would put some real effort into it. :(

bug
April 18th, 2006, 22:45
awesome, runs at excellent speed, i hope this will become a FULL GBA emulator, not another half-finished one like the others, not to discourage you. keep up the great work!

pkmaximum
April 19th, 2006, 05:49
I honestly want to see a finished game boy advanced emu too or one that is at playable speed, I'm sick of what happens every time someone picks up this project. Like PSmonkey this is no easy port, it will take time and this emulator should be built from the ground up.

DaGamer
May 7th, 2006, 00:20
yo man! wow! you are one brave and smart man! i wish u the best luck! and keep up the good work! writing program from scratch usually are better than ports so i hope u make this well!!! goodluck!

taiyoh
May 7th, 2006, 02:54
Hope you have luck with this project Brunni.And remember don't give up no matter how challenging it is...I'm cheering for you :D :D :D :D
:rolleyes: Full GBA emulation would be soooooo awesome :D

MegaManNetRonin
May 7th, 2006, 05:17
What the hell?

I played this like months ago.....
When I first "discovered" homebrew....

And then I correctly discovered it.

acn010
May 7th, 2006, 15:35
its nice and all, but atrangely this hasn't been updated, abandoned and not fully complete, im a little down now :(

Elsid
May 7th, 2006, 20:51
Nice one dude.

vettacossx
May 8th, 2006, 15:37
1 :confused: when can we expect to see commercial games have you set a date or a goal???

2 :confused: is the source released on source forge for others to pick up where you left off IF you dont have plans to finish this project?

thanx in advance;)
VettaCossX:D

shenske37
May 16th, 2006, 00:15
i really hope you have not givin up. the progress you have made is impressive. i know this is a very tough project and i just hope you keep with it. i wish you the best of luck!

kevinssi
August 1st, 2006, 08:07
thanks a lot:)

CalClan2.0
August 14th, 2007, 05:37
yeah this think wont let me download it

JKKDARK
August 14th, 2007, 05:39
Try here

http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,1879.0.html

Camelot
August 14th, 2007, 14:05
yeah this think wont let me download it

The last post on this thread before you posted was over a year ago. Alot has happend since then.