PDA

View Full Version : PSPosx...

wraggster
March 21st, 2006, 22:07
The Final Entry in the NeoFlash Comp (http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/board,38.0.html):

Slasher posted this:

PSPosx v0.1 BETA RELEASE (keep in mind its a B E T A!, you MAY experience a crash once in a while)

BTW: * means still being worked on

- Loading Eboots and going back to PSPosx
- Loading UMD's and going back to PSPosx
- 5 Tabs ( Desktop, Games, Music, Images, Browse ) Each tabe is clickable and can also be use by clicking L and R Triggers on the psp to scroll though each tab
- Icon support as in Icons are movable and can be deleted.
- File Browser - look through your whole directory and do w/e you want with your files!*
- MP3 Player - What would a shell be without the number one program?!?!
--- Skip Song*
--- Go Back*
--- Play/Stop
--- Pause
--- Playlist*
- Image Viewer - Yeah you know what this is XD
--- JPG, BMP*, PNG
--- Save ANY image as your desktop background
--- Open the picture in Paint
--- Zoom In and Out*
--- Slideshow
- TXT Viewer aka OSX Word*
- OSX Paint - Basically Paint for the psp!*
- Calculator*
- OSK*
- Multiple Desktop Support
- PMP Support!
--- 28 Icons on each Desktop!
- MultiTasking!
- Minimizible Programs - Programs can minimize to the taskbar and be clicked on to show it again!
- Maximize Programs - yea
- USB On and Off
- Menu's*
--- Delete Icon's
--- Copy To Desktop
--- Top Menu which changed to fit the programs menu ( like.... theres 1 menu and it changes depending on which program is loaded )*
- Exit PSPosx and go back to regular XMB
And much much more planned.
Controls are quite simple, Just click around and you'll probobly figure it out.
Installation is also quite simple your file structure should look like this.
drive:/ PSP > GAME > PSPOSX
PSPOSX%
Please also keep in mind this is for version 1.5 PSPs only!

Screenshot and Download Via Comments

urmom9388
March 21st, 2006, 22:18
finally, a shell with pmp support!

Skateblind
March 21st, 2006, 22:20
I've not tried this program, yet, but from what I've read here seems to be making a hot contender for a PSP operating system. Keep it up. If you need a guru you know where I am. Or do you?

felonyr301
March 22nd, 2006, 00:12
so this is a custom os for the psp ??

waqasjaved
March 22nd, 2006, 00:42
thank you

waqasjaved
March 22nd, 2006, 00:44
how can i download it

Privateer
March 22nd, 2006, 03:06
Might want to change the name... Mac's already got an OS called OSX...

michael jackson
March 22nd, 2006, 04:00
who gives a crap about mac?...

The_Ultimate_Eggman
March 22nd, 2006, 08:32
U might want to READ it properly 1st its a Os for the PSP called PSP OSX !!!!!!Doooohhhhh. good job guyz works well.

Voltron
March 22nd, 2006, 09:40
This looks really cool. So this has PMP support eh? Just awesome......... Great work!

ziu
March 22nd, 2006, 09:58
yeah you got it!
all the time i was waiting for a good shell, which support a beautiful file manager, so theres mb shell that doesnt support such a thing (for now) and psp oss, which i dont like. so theres another candidate for the first place in the psp os competiton, zhank you for the good work, and dont stop it!!

edit: i forgot psix, i think its a really bad joke! (pay for homebrew, pah!)

Mew
March 22nd, 2006, 16:57
best PSP OS I tried yet! REALLY NICE!!!!!!! o_______o
I might use it in the future! :)

my wishlist:
-mp3 shuffle function
-mp3 icon view support (you know.. you can add image icons to your mp3s.. like the covers of the songs, it's really good looking at the original psp os!
-psp remote control support
(yeah, I'm a big fan of using the psp as my mp3 player :) )

Keep up that f*cking good work! You rock, dude!!

Skateblind
March 22nd, 2006, 18:21
Just tried it and could not see how to add icons or delete them in real time. The song skip functions didn't work either. I couldn't work out how to delete files or move them around and I wish it would tell you what UMD is in the drive. Oh, the PSP icon does nothing... Just asking to see if it is my machine or just incomplete software. What I see so far though is pretty exciting for the PSP's future.

Mew
March 22nd, 2006, 20:50
Just tried it and could not see how to add icons or delete them in real time. The song skip functions didn't work either. I couldn't work out how to delete files or move them around and I wish it would tell you what UMD is in the drive. Oh, the PSP icon does nothing... Just asking to see if it is my machine or just incomplete software. What I see so far though is pretty exciting for the PSP's future.

yeah I have the same problem, I mailed him and I hope that he'll reply me how I can make shortcuts on the desktop, copy, rename, delete files and so on..

zurek
March 22nd, 2006, 21:16
best PSP OS I tried yet! REALLY NICE!!!!!!! o_______o
I might use it in the future! :)

my wishlist:
-mp3 shuffle function
-mp3 icon view support (you know.. you can add image icons to your mp3s.. like the covers of the songs, it's really good looking at the original psp os!
-psp remote control support
(yeah, I'm a big fan of using the psp as my mp3 player :) )

Keep up that f*cking good work! You rock, dude!!

Yeah about that images or thumbnails, I've noticed that some of my mp3's have an image attached to them, but it's only seen on my psp. Is there a way I can view the images attached to them, and I so, is there a possibility of adding your own?

Harshboy
March 22nd, 2006, 21:31
Dude, this is awsome! My favorite shell ever! Just one question, is there support for Homebrew icons? If not thats fine......Great job tho :D Maybe you can add an OSX icon for the eboot when you load it from the PSP's firmware.

Wally
March 22nd, 2006, 23:12
who gives a crap about mac?...

i Do.

Whats wrong with mac anyhow

Slasher123
March 22nd, 2006, 23:51
please read the readme next time, this is a beta. If your unaware of what a beta is it is:

"Beta releases are generally made to a group of lucky
(or unlucky) trusted customers. 2. Anything that is new and
experimental. "His girlfriend is in beta" means that he is still
testing for compatibility and reserving judgment. 3. Flaky;
dubious; suspect (since beta software is notoriously buggy)."
and some more...

"Historical note: More formally, to beta-test is to test a
pre-release (potentially unreliable) version of a piece of software
by making it available to selected (or self-selected) customers and
users."
Not everything is functional. This release was to basically let people know whats going on and have an idea of what PSPosx actually is. Expect alot more in future releases, this is just the beginning.

Privateer
March 23rd, 2006, 03:24
U might want to READ it properly 1st its a Os for the PSP called PSP OSX !!!!!!Doooohhhhh. good job guyz works well.
Yeah, if they released Windows OSX, that'd be a blatant ripoff of the Mac OSX name. I don't see why this is an exception.

I don't like macs much, but the name is misleading - I got kinda excited when I saw the thread name because I thought it meant that there was a Mac OSX emulator on PSP.

Cap'n 1time
March 23rd, 2006, 04:40
Macs are sexy - osx is kinda in the same family as BSD... so it gets points for that.

The title is kind of lame though.. I remember when fluff or whoever wanted to name PSIX PSPwindows or somthing dumb like that... this isnt much differant... on the other hand this is his program to name so quit your bitching.

Privateer
March 23rd, 2006, 04:54
"... title is kind of lame..." ~1timeuser
"... his program to name so quit your bitching." ~same person

Erm... :-/ Okay...

Even with that, I think we should be allowed to have negative opinions towards certain aspects of things...

Skateblind
March 23rd, 2006, 11:19
please read the readme next time, this is a beta. If your unaware of what a beta is it is:

"Beta releases are generally made to a group of lucky
(or unlucky) trusted customers. 2. Anything that is new and
experimental. "His girlfriend is in beta" means that he is still
testing for compatibility and reserving judgment. 3. Flaky;
dubious; suspect (since beta software is notoriously buggy)."

I feel like a lucky customer to be able to get a quality production for free, not like PSix, which is kicking dirt in the faces of all the hard working people(slasher) out there, by charging for homebrew.

Did you make that beta stuff up, cause its damn funny. Still laughing. Cheers for the reply. Didn't meant to stick a carrot up your pipe(my attempt at humor :( ),

Next time put it into the future capabilities notes next to the other notes I dont read. :P

Once again, keep it up.

finalfantesy
March 23rd, 2006, 13:58
you should go check out PSIx maby you could be a coder for them because your shells are similar if you combine the 2 you could realy make one damn good shell

Silicon
March 30th, 2006, 09:07
What about merging PSP-OSS with PSP OSx? I am trying to make a skin but that's not going well. Anyway, this is kinda nice!

idapimp
April 2nd, 2006, 02:31
i love macs

Hawkeyefile
April 5th, 2006, 07:58
all thats neaded is an ogg player, and ill download it!

nograZgeiS
May 14th, 2006, 21:29
The topic is the program "psp osx", not the ever-onward war of "Mac vs. PC". Besides, if you just think of one thing, you will never be disappointed by either again. Mac = non-gaming computer. PC = ALL purpose, including games, though not quite as developed as the Macs program-wise because they have a bit of everything

exa
July 6th, 2006, 03:16
let me guess.... it doesnt work for 2.7... am i right?

DaGamer
July 9th, 2006, 00:38
love this shell! pretty soon itll reach psix graphic and top it with the functions! go slasher

icemike84
July 17th, 2008, 16:05
looks great i'll give it a go and let you guys know wat i think