PDA

View Full Version : Metareview - Me and My Katamari

wraggster
March 21st, 2006, 22:16
Source - Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2006/03/21/metareview-me-and-my-katamari/)

If the official Katamari Damacy website is to be believed, then today marks the (North American) release of the series final installment, Me and My Katamari for the PSP. The obvious question is how will the lack of a second analogue nub affect the game's mechanics? The short answer — for fans reeling from the recent announcement — is that it doesn't matter. Anyone itchin' to roll on the go is going to re-learn the controls. But will nagging load screens and recycled material sour the sweet farewell?

GameBrink (88/100) - "Due to the controls and the repetitive level design, the game won't be stealing the spotlight of the PS2 titles, but at the same time it's still a great game that can now be played on the go." [JPN Import]
GameSpot (80/100) - "The paltry number of levels in Me and My Katamari proves to be its biggest shortcoming, as the game otherwise does a pretty phenomenal job of re-creating the Katamari Damacy experience on the PSP."
1UP (70/100) - "While it may be the most lackluster chapter to date, it's still pretty entertaining — but only in small doses. Just be aware that the price is too high and the replayability is too low."