PDA

View Full Version : the little remote thingie

hibbity
March 22nd, 2006, 17:29
i was thinking about the controlls, and remembered the little silver remote headphone jack thing, and I was wondering if that could be used as 4 or 6 more buttons, or however many it has?

PSmonkey
March 22nd, 2006, 17:38
its not worth using. It would just make things difficult / complicated to controll. Current setup works fine for now and in the future people can just reconfigure to their liking. In most cases, a n64 game is not going to have you using every button in real time.

chopper
March 22nd, 2006, 21:39
i agree i think it would be a nightmare to control especialy with the psp being an handheld

benny blanco
March 23rd, 2006, 02:14
I disagree. :p If you could add 2 buttons from the use of the silver remote, you would be able to match the amount of buttons from n64. ;) I just want to be able to play goldeneye on my psp :D , and it doesnt seem to difficult to me, holding the silver remote against the back of the psp :confused: , maybe using the track skip buttons as A and B :confused: . Even if you allowed the monkey64 the option of changing the buttons on the silver remote to work, it would be awesome. :) Thank you psmonkey for all your hard work. I'm checkin every day for your progress hoping for a post to say "Finally its done", until then i will be holding my breathe, Great work though, i got it running on my 1.0 and I am happy to see its possible. If sony is able to make a psone emu for the system then by-god, N64 will be a reality one day. You are the man!

pkmaximum
March 23rd, 2006, 23:00
If sony releases PS1 for the PSP its most likeley going to be ported game 1 by 1 and it will most likeley not be done by emulation. But yes I am looking foward to PSmonkeys work as I also look at his post everyday. And yes I do also think this is very possible maybe not to perfection but playable for high enjoyment. And the the actuall games that come out for the PSP will be a bust compared to N64!