PDA

View Full Version : Overclock?

SRD
March 23rd, 2006, 03:16
Is it safe to set the clock speed to the highest setting because I loaded Doom64 and I did not see near the results that PSmonkey showed in his screenshot. I didn't want to brick my PSP so I thought I would ask first. I have been loading the roms at the medium clock speed setting.

Also, by the way, I am new to the forums so sorry if I did anything wrong.

PSmonkey
March 23rd, 2006, 03:40
Is it safe to set the clock speed to the highest setting because I loaded Doom64 and I did not see near the results that PSmonkey showed in his screenshot. I didn't want to brick my PSP so I thought I would ask first. I have been loading the roms at the medium clock speed setting.

Also, by the way, I am new to the forums so sorry if I did anything wrong.

What i posted is from a private build not released yet. So you wont be able to get what I posted in the v1.0 build. You'll just have to wait for the next release. :)

SRD
March 23rd, 2006, 03:53
Ahhh, I see. Well, that'll just give me something to look foward to then wont it? :)

gotmilk0112
March 23rd, 2006, 12:34
setting the clock speed up to 333mhz (max) wont brick your psp. the only way somthing can brick ur psp is if it is acessing \ writing the flash which the cpu clock doesnt.

SRD
March 25th, 2006, 19:39
So what dangers, if any, are there for overclocking your psp?

omniosiris
March 25th, 2006, 19:49
there are 0 dangers in overclocking your PSP, since its not really overclocking the psp, since the PSP cpu is 333MHz (its actualy underclocked as a default)

Produkt
March 25th, 2006, 21:18
The reason for the psp being underclocked lies in the battery

the higher the clock speed the more battery the PSP eats up. I played the socom FTB demo with wifi and the game overclocked... I didnt get even 45 mins of playtime before my psp shutdown..

On top of that there is the "rumor" that sony with unlock the PSP's power over time
making the psp's life span get pushed as far as possible...

SRD
March 26th, 2006, 04:09
That's great news. Thanks for the info. Now I can feel safe when I want to push my psp's processing power to the limit.

sroon
March 27th, 2006, 23:47
What will happen if I buy a more powerful battery? will my psp/homebrew go faster?

DPyro
March 28th, 2006, 00:22
No, the PSP will just last longer.

SRD
March 28th, 2006, 04:31
Haha, obviously.