PDA

View Full Version : CPS1/CPS2 Emulator Port ?

TrowaX
March 23rd, 2006, 17:41
This whould be one of the best emulator to have for the psp on the go.
Is there any way this emulator can be ported to psp or is it to much for the psp to handle in terms of spec and graphic

Hawkeyefile
March 23rd, 2006, 18:09
i cant seem to fnd a whole lot of games, and some of witch have been ported to other systems, that can be run the psp through other emu's.

Prodigy_of_Pinhead
March 24th, 2006, 21:20
Waddabout Kawaks? It's so kickass. It can do CPS1/2 and NeoGeo. Why get one program for Street Fighter, but need another for Metal Slug or King of Fighters?

yaustar
March 24th, 2006, 23:53
Cant find any source code for Kawaks but both Final Burn and Final Burn Alpha have source code available to download.
http://www.finalburn.com/
http://fba.emuunlim.com/?fba=files

chickenclaws
March 28th, 2006, 02:13
heh i like street fight CPS HERE WE COME!

oninotsume
April 3rd, 2006, 03:55
I wonder if with the release of the Capcom Collection on the PSP someone would be able to get some hints at emulating CPS1. That would be really cool, unless all of the games were rewritten specifically for the PSP which would mean nothing then in terms of emulator help...but oh to dream :D

XEvilBladesX
April 20th, 2006, 06:13
Yeah I wanted this on the PSP to man, but someone locked my thread upon getting the project started, heres the link too it.
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=20007
Anyways just wait, lets see if someone wants to make this, who knowns maybe some people are...

oninotsume
April 26th, 2006, 05:55
I saw that your previous threat was locked because you aren't a coder, and can't contribute enough to the project to claim to responsibility for it.

Nonetheless, I really sincerely wish someone would port Final Burn, or include CPS1 and System 16 compatibility in MAME for the PSP. I know it's a lot to ask, and I can only hope, but it would certainly be one of the hugest moments in PSP homebrew history, that is for sure :)

XEvilBladesX
April 29th, 2006, 00:16
I saw that your previous threat was locked because you aren't a coder, and can't contribute enough to the project to claim to responsibility for it.

I just don't understand why I can't contribue enough, people treat coders as gods, yet artist as trash. I find that Photoshop is a talent just like coding, before my thread was locked, I spent 5-9 hours working on 1 damn screen of the GUI, and for what, to find out that when I wake up my thread is locked. It got me really mad, what a waste. Anyways, after a couple of months ive still been working on the GUI graphics to give it to someone eles for there emulator (already taken by someone.) And yes, after more then 1 month I am still not done because creating graphics is like codeing, it must always be perfected.

Cap'n 1time
April 29th, 2006, 01:29
forget oninotsume's responce. the problem is, without any code.. there can be no emulator. so you can make cool graphics for a gui for a cps1/2 emulator... but it dosnt really provide us with much. Also people that go around and try to start teams up without any coding knowledge tends to piss people off.

XEvilBladesX
April 29th, 2006, 04:34
forget oninotsume's responce. the problem is, without any code.. there can be no emulator. so you can make cool graphics for a gui for a cps1/2 emulator... but it dosnt really provide us with much. Also people that go around and try to start teams up without any coding knowledge tends to piss people off.
I can understand that, but sometimes, others see that people acually put work into something, and can see something promising growing from the work done already, but yet again I understand that the code is the base, and is what supports everything eles, without it, nothing would function...