PDA

View Full Version : Revolution Hardware Images

wraggster
March 23rd, 2006, 17:46
Revolution Report (http://www.revolutionreport.com/articles/read/352) recently acquired photographs of the code-named Nintendo Revolution hardware, which is on display in Nintendo's booth at this year's Game Developers Conference. Although there were no units available to demo on the show floor, Revolution Report's Aaron Canaday took a few pictures to provide an idea of the hardware's relative size.

Canaday commented that the unit on display was "shockingly small" and "very sleek and sexy."

"It does not look like a typical Nintendo product. I know people keep saying this, but this is the only way to describe it," he said.

Worth noting is that this unit appears to be thicker in appearance than previous versions of the hardware displayed at E3 2005 and Tokyo Game Show 2005. Also shown is the first physical shot of the console's backside with an A/V Out, Power and two USB ports. Gone is the mysterious port (seen in this picture), shown in product drawings Nintendo filed earlier this year with the office of the European Union.

Recent Internet speculation has predicted the console's official name would be revealed during Nintendo President Satoru Iwata's GDC keynote. Whether or not the lack of a Revolution logo on this latest version of the hardware correlates to such an announcement remains to be seen.

Screens via Comments

Hawkeyefile
March 23rd, 2006, 18:16
this feels liek old news, as i have seen this before.

scrabbus
March 23rd, 2006, 20:04
we have seen the mockups, but just look at that baby, COME ON!!! I have not been this excited since i saw pics of the Snes in C+VG!!!

GaMeR_2000
April 19th, 2006, 23:17
we have seen the mockups, but just look at that baby, COME ON!!! I have not been this excited since i saw pics of the Snes in C+VG!!!
I know!!!!!!!!!! The Ps3 is going to be and the Xbox 360 is HUGE!!!!!!!! This is so sleek and small... Oh YEAH!