PDA

View Full Version : CFW Enabler for chickhen

darkriku2000
May 28th, 2009, 01:28
Hiya, just wanted to report this to you guys. It seems that something was made that gives the chickhen m33 functions on ANY, that's right, ANY psp 2000, here's the quoted post:

What is?
A program that activates the functions of the M33 custom firmware using ChickHen.

What do I need?
- A PSP Slim (irregardless of the motherboard)
- Firmware version 5.03.
- ChickHEN R2 (minimum)

Compatibility:
- The functions are the same with the 5.00 M33, all work except:
- Recovery (An alternative may be created with homebrew to configure the Custom Firmware)
- Pops (PSX Games)

Installation:

- Copy the folder to your psp CFWEnabler in X:/PSP/GAME/

File Structure: X:/PSP/GAME/CFWEnabler/EBOOT.PBP

How to use:
Run ChickHen from Photo menu. Then run the homebrew called "Custom Firmware Loader for ChickHEN".
The first time the Custom Firmware module need to be installed in the internal flash memory with the
Circle option (codes does not overwrite the file, it just add new ones, it's a safe process.)
Later press X to start the Custom Firmware.
And you are in Custom Firmware!

FAQ:

- Can load ISO's? - Yes, yes you can.
- Does this work work for all PSP Slim even the those PSP Slim with TA-088v3 Motherboard? - Yes, it doesn't matter.
- Does my PSP3000? - No, not working, at least.
- Can you brick my PSP? - It is true that he writes some files in internal memory, but it does not overwrite anything, so its not a problem.
- If I turn off the PSP do I have to repeat the process? - Yes, you have to repeat its, but you do not have to flash the modules every time.
- Could this process be avoided? - It could be avoided if a compatible IPL is made, for that more information about the PreIPL is needed.
- Can future release fix the bug? - It is possible, but its not guaranteed.
- Can I use this on PSP3000? - You might try, but its not guaranteed to work.
- Does the M33 SDK work? - Yes, it works.

Acknowledgments:

- A Dark_AleX for the M33 modules.
- Especially him, who knows who he is, and that is part of the credit for helping him.

Download Custom Firmware Enabler 1.0

Source

Note: Google Translation with some editing

Go here for more info and download link:http://endlessparadigm.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=17286