PDA

View Full Version : TTF To PGF Font Converter Released!

wraggster
March 23rd, 2006, 18:40
Heres a newspost sourced from and better explained by PSP3d (http://psp3d.com/) :)

FreePlay and Skylark have released a new Windows binary tool used to convert standard TrueType (TTF) fonts to the PSP-compatible to PGF font format. Using the font mod/hack released by TeamOverlord, FreePlay, and Skylark a few days ago, you can now change your PSP's font to a font of your choice on all PSP firmwares, truely making your PSP unique to 'normal' PSPs. Although the font mod/hack was originally intended to open up exploitations on the PSP firmware (although that is still not out of question), they decided that this would also be a cool customization to release to the public, and indeed, it is definitely a nice mod. The new TTF to PGF font converter released today now opens the capability of using thousands of Windows fonts on your PSP, from such places as dafont.com, or from your /WINDOWS/Fonts/ folder on your hard drive. Great work guys!

Download Both Files Via Comments

Airdevil
March 23rd, 2006, 21:33
small addendum to this.
skylark asked me to produce a windows based gui for the font converter meaning you dont need to mess about in dos or the command prompt.
it isnt pretty and its basic but its functional.
i have attached it in case some find it of use.
oh one small thing, i have embedded the font converter into my gui so you dont need to have the dos binary separate. but you can leave the link wraggster in case someone prefers the old dos way of converting the fonts. hope you dont mind me posting this on here - if you do ill delete it. :)

er...... it says MFC70.DLL is missing

imagecko
March 23rd, 2006, 21:52
cant find fileassistant 0.4 do we need that exact version?

BennyD89
March 23rd, 2006, 22:01
File Assistant 0.4
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/fileasistant.shtml

IndianCheese
March 23rd, 2006, 22:11
er...... it says MFC70.DLL is missing

Go to www.dll-files.com and get it

imagecko
March 23rd, 2006, 22:36
thank you ALOT

Anger
March 23rd, 2006, 22:47
umm yeah im sorry i forgot about that missing file thing. it requires the vb6 runtime libraries or you can download and put the missing file(s) in the same directory and it will work. the vb6 runtimes are too large to be included with this program thats why i didnt supply them, but i did forget to mention it. so sorry about that. :)

imagecko
March 23rd, 2006, 22:50
i need help again now when i try to copy some of the files it says copy error

Airdevil
March 23rd, 2006, 22:54
Go to www.dll-files.com and get it

oh cheers

imagecko
March 23rd, 2006, 23:08
nevermind i got it working

b8a
March 24th, 2006, 02:47
Does anyone know if this can convert FROM pgf to ttf?

If this can't, does anyone know of a utility that can... Or at least point me in the direction of some ideas for doing so?

joshk525
March 24th, 2006, 04:51
in the read me it says that this can make the psp crash

Hawkeyefile
March 24th, 2006, 05:36
yep sure can you modding the bios folder.
i got it too work, now it has the starship troopers font.
make sure to follow the instructions closely or you scre up your psp!

Anger
March 24th, 2006, 09:19
while its true it can make your psp crash it cant make your psp unuseable.
all that could happen is you get the bsod and have to reset your settings. you may even be unfortunate enough to get the looping bsod and have to turn your psp off and then back on then reset your settings but thats no biggie.

PSPh4ck3rCMD
March 24th, 2006, 19:08
umm yeah im sorry i forgot about that missing file thing. it requires the vb6 runtime libraries or you can download and put the missing file(s) in the same directory and it will work. the vb6 runtimes are too large to be included with this program thats why i didnt supply them, but i did forget to mention it. so sorry about that. :)
you mean the .dll right

Anger
March 24th, 2006, 19:52
yes the missing .dll(s) :)

TrowaX
March 25th, 2006, 02:37
This tool is really neat makes the psp look special from all the other ones, but the readme instructions are a little hard to understand is there anyone here that confimed that this works post up the step by step guide ? thanks in advance :)

kyle2194
March 25th, 2006, 04:08
It works, and i thought the instructions were clear enough.

assesoffire
March 25th, 2006, 21:40
could someone please change this into a pgf and upload it?
http://www.dafont.com/borneo.font

Craig0036
March 25th, 2006, 22:51
Once you convert the .ttf font where does it go :confused: ?

Anger
March 26th, 2006, 00:54
take your time and read through this thread:
http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=42188
its big but very usefull if you want to be able to do this properly.

assesoffire
March 26th, 2006, 14:06
nevermind, had to type name in CAPS

Anger
March 27th, 2006, 00:26
for those interested my gui for ttf2pgf is at version 0.2 now. many many enhancements such as range checking etc. it also has the missing files embedded within it now.

see my sig for the link

enjoy :)

Craig0036
March 28th, 2006, 12:44
Hi i got the font converter to work but i have one more question once it is converted do i just overwrite the ltn0.pgf in the fontmod folder with the new ltn0.pgf? and then move the fontmod folder over to my psp? thanks

Anger
March 28th, 2006, 15:09
if your using my gui then read on - if your using the original font converter then yes copy over the file and overwrite the other one.

if you move your fontmod folder over to the root of your psp's memory stick and put your psp in usb mode and run my gui then it will copy over all the files itself when you have run it. if you get any errors its because there are font files missing (you need all the original fonts from your psp's flash0) my program creates the ltn0-15.pgf files in a folder on the root of your memorystick called fontmod. all you need to do is make sure the other files are already there.

Turboweeel
April 3rd, 2006, 15:20
for those interested my gui for ttf2pgf is at version 0.2 now. many many enhancements such as range checking etc. it also has the missing files embedded within it now.

psp font converter + gui 0.2.zip (www.wolfen.wrathgames.com/psp proggy/psp font converter + gui 0.2.zip)

enjoy :)

The link returns a 404 error :(

Anger
April 3rd, 2006, 16:59
yeah sorry i delete older versions when there obsolete - i meant to add the links to my sig - ill do that now. :)

ok sig now updated with the correct links.

cuizable
April 7th, 2006, 22:58
Hi,this is my first post..I created my handwiriting font,but it is in TTF format,can someone please convert it for me for fontmod??
Thanks a lot,I attached the font..

Digital_Utopia
May 13th, 2006, 17:32
great app! everything worked perfectly

now...

although being able to change the UI font is a nice touch, my main interest for this has to do with the web browser.

after looking at the fonts, and assuming you can only replace existing fonts...that leaves a total of 16 fonts to be replaced. (I'm guessing that jpn0 is japanese fonts, and kr0, is some other language font)

is there any documented rhyme or reason to how the browser uses these fonts? I'm assuming that each ltn font is supposed to be a certain size, so the browser can use one of these 16 fonts to replace the variety of sizes/fonts that an HTML page calls for. but if there was anyway of knowing which pgf fonts are matched up to which "real" web font/size..it would certainly help..

DrX
May 14th, 2006, 00:32
i dont know whats wrong but for some reason everytime i edit out it tells me the thing is corrupt... kinda bunk but that might be cause i skipped a step and i didnt use a hex editor i just kinda used note pad

Anger
May 14th, 2006, 01:00
you must use a hex editor. simple as that.

Abobora
May 29th, 2006, 19:06
can't get it to work :( , if anyone would be kind enough to mod this font I'd appreciate it

Abobora
May 30th, 2006, 14:11
anyone.... plz

rmg060606
June 6th, 2006, 03:20
ok need help how do i get the flashmod to work i need help!

AkumaMax
July 12th, 2006, 16:21
ok I need help i'm very computer illiterate. I read about 4-5 different ways on how to convert ttf to pgf and can't seem to get it to work. I was wondering if someone can Convert it for me if possible.

http://www.1001freefonts.com/winfonts/darkcrystal.zip
Thanx in advanced,
AkumaMax

falta7
May 5th, 2007, 16:16
how do i get this think to work??

Buddy4point0
May 6th, 2007, 00:07
sweet thanks, this will help a ton when making themes

kamkazedave
March 29th, 2008, 00:09
ummm.... how do you use this???

omracer
March 29th, 2008, 21:02
I've Got this working without changing the registry on flash1.

The Spoiler is my tutorial to get this working:

MY GUIDE FOR INSTALLING WORKING Custom Fonts For 3.52 M33 & above:

Download "ttf 2 pgf converter (Includes Anger GUI).zip" (Included in this thread). Save & Extract all of the files to somewhere you will remember and access quickly.

Go to Recovery Mode (Hold R1 While booting the psp up).
Go to "Advanced" the "Toggle USB for Flash0" or something similar.
On you PC go to "My Computer" and then "Removable Disk X" (X would be your drive letter such as "Removable Disk J")
OPTIONAL: BACKUP ALL OF Flash0 To Your Computer (For recovering your psp if needed)
Copy a ttf font you want from either where you downloaded it from or "C:/WINDOWS/Fonts" into the same folder as "ttf2pgf.exe" which will be the location where you downloaded the font converter to. NOTE: .ttf files would have the icon with a grey T & a Blue T on it
Run "Anger's PSP Font Converter ULTIMATE.exe"
Follow the instructions on the GUI. But make sure you tick "Create all PGF" to make the font work AND change the "Font Scale" to 20.
When its converterd the .ttf to 16 .pgf files after you have cluck the "Execute" button at the bottom Click no when it asks you to copy the files to "Flash0:/FONT" since we will do it manually.
In the folder where you have "Anger's PSP Font Converter ULTIMATE.exe" you should see 16 .pgf files (if not reapeat steps 6 to 8) Copy ALL 16 to "X:\font" (Where X is you "Flash0" Drive). Click "Yes To All" to replace the orignal PSP font files with the one you just made. Its best not to mix font files if you want a safe & working custom Font.Thats it...............................Enjoy

If you want already made working fonts download my attachments
To install just copy "font" to "Flash0" in recovery mode.
Just remeber to follow Step 4 in the guide FIRST.
The .ttf used is included in the zip files so copy that to "C:/WINDOWS/Fonts"

BOTH FONTS HAVE BEEN TESTED ON A FAT 3.90 M33-2 1.5v2 PSP & ALL WORK!!!

Fonts used:

Young Itch AOE
DIGIFACE
Simpsons Font
PEPSI Font
I Can't Remember the name but its used in the "Ultimate Black" PSP Theme

kosta_87
August 28th, 2008, 12:27
I've Got this working without changing the registry on flash1.

The Spoiler is my tutorial to get this working:

MY GUIDE FOR INSTALLING WORKING Custom Fonts For 3.52 M33 & above:

Download "ttf 2 pgf converter (Includes Anger GUI).zip" (Included in this thread). Save & Extract all of the files to somewhere you will remember and access quickly.

Go to Recovery Mode (Hold R1 While booting the psp up).
Go to "Advanced" the "Toggle USB for Flash0" or something similar.
On you PC go to "My Computer" and then "Removable Disk X" (X would be your drive letter such as "Removable Disk J")
OPTIONAL: BACKUP ALL OF Flash0 To Your Computer (For recovering your psp if needed)
Copy a ttf font you want from either where you downloaded it from or "C:/WINDOWS/Fonts" into the same folder as "ttf2pgf.exe" which will be the location where you downloaded the font converter to. NOTE: .ttf files would have the icon with a grey T & a Blue T on it
Run "Anger's PSP Font Converter ULTIMATE.exe"
Follow the instructions on the GUI. But make sure you tick "Create all PGF" to make the font work AND change the "Font Scale" to 20.
When its converterd the .ttf to 16 .pgf files after you have cluck the "Execute" button at the bottom Click no when it asks you to copy the files to "Flash0:/FONT" since we will do it manually.
In the folder where you have "Anger's PSP Font Converter ULTIMATE.exe" you should see 16 .pgf files (if not reapeat steps 6 to 8) Copy ALL 16 to "X:\font" (Where X is you "Flash0" Drive). Click "Yes To All" to replace the orignal PSP font files with the one you just made. Its best not to mix font files if you want a safe & working custom Font.Thats it...............................Enjoy

If you want already made working fonts download my attachments
To install just copy "font" to "Flash0" in recovery mode.
Just remeber to follow Step 4 in the guide FIRST.
The .ttf used is included in the zip files so copy that to "C:/WINDOWS/Fonts"

BOTH FONTS HAVE BEEN TESTED ON A FAT 3.90 M33-2 1.5v2 PSP & ALL WORK!!!

Fonts used:

Young Itch AOE
DIGIFACE
Simpsons Font
PEPSI Font
I Can't Remember the name but its used in the "Ultimate Black" PSP Theme

please post new!!!

omracer
August 28th, 2008, 17:04
please post new!!!

nope i cba sorry.
read the tutorial to convert your windows fonts yourself