PDA

View Full Version : Artillery Shell can launch 2.0 games directly by the use of MPH's game loader.

wraggster
March 23rd, 2006, 20:20
News from Blue2k (http://www.artillery-shell.com/):

I've just updated the Live Fire! version of Artillery to the newest version including the 0.1 interface. As a little present I've added an intergrated version of MPH's 2.0 game loader. So now Artillery can launch 2.0 games directly by the use of MPH's game loader.

I've modified MPH's version slightly to make it work from the MbShell dir, so all credit goes to him for making this loader, I just 'edited' it to make it work with Artillery better. To use it press the second UMD icon on the desktop. Be sure to have an UMD inserted. It will even return to Artillery after you exit the game. I've tested it with the demo UMD and it seemed to work. But Live Fire! is a dev version.

Just move/copy the flash0 and flash1folders to the MbShell dir, everything else is already set up when you download the latest Live Fire! version.

Download this Dev/Beta Version via Comments, Give Feedback.

CoderX
March 24th, 2006, 01:10
Blue im liking the add-on.

Now respond to my e-mail and ill get you a Lua extention and a browser

DraconumPB
March 24th, 2006, 01:33
work with gta?

if so I am DOWNGRADING and INSTALLING this TONIGHT. it will be the first time downgrading since buying gta ;)

mog
March 24th, 2006, 01:38
nice! ...if mph's programs ever get fixed to also run on 1.00 psp's I would install this! :(

Lodis
March 24th, 2006, 01:42
work with gta?

if so I am DOWNGRADING and INSTALLING this TONIGHT. it will be the first time downgrading since buying gta ;)

Why not downgrade already? MPH Game Loader plays GTA perfectly on my 1.5 and you can modify it to support Sleep Mode too.

DraconumPB
March 24th, 2006, 02:59
because i've been too lazy to. I've been waiting for something to streamline the process or motivate me, haha. One of the reasons is because I want to try a shell, but a shell that also has this capability is a big plus...

Voltron
March 24th, 2006, 07:24
I too have been too lazy to try out any shells. Buy as the days go by it gets harder and harder to resist. Having the MPHGameLoader integrated is a great feature.

dogbite
March 24th, 2006, 07:51
so what do i exactly have to copy to and stuff..

meeples peoples
March 24th, 2006, 19:24
would i be insane to ask if its possible to have an oss load instead of psp's shit?

meeples peoples
March 24th, 2006, 19:26
it says im a newbie! ive been doing this shit since early days dreamcast! im no noob

Zephyroth_drgs
March 24th, 2006, 20:55
cheking out

MadMonkee
March 24th, 2006, 22:27
How do you edit MPH's 2.00 loader to support the Edison's cheat device and sleep mode? Also perhaps multi-player too.

larsomatic
March 24th, 2006, 22:33
It seems that not all 2.0 games work. I tried XMen last night and it would not start.

MAGNUMEGA
March 30th, 2006, 02:23
Hey whats up dude... me ? stressing i just downloaded the livefire but i dont know what to do next and ive already ruined one mem stick please help me.

MAGNUMEGA
March 30th, 2006, 02:24
any one...

Davidov
April 4th, 2006, 21:45
Hey whats up dude... me ? stressing i just downloaded the livefire but i dont know what to do next and ive already ruined one mem stick please help me.

MAGNUMEGA,
Assuming you have WinRAR which you can get a free trial on their website (google it!). Firstly open the .rar file with WinRAR, Extract & Copy the MbShell folder to the root of your memorystick. Then extract & copy the Artillery and Artillery% folders (found in "psp/game" dir of the livefire.rar file) to the memory stick in the same directories that it is on the .rar file.
Not very well explained so here comes Diagram time.....

Memorystick Directory layout
=====================
Mem. stick
|
+ MbShell
|
+PSP
| |
| +GAME
| | |
| | +Artillery
| | |
| | +Artillery%

If you already knew how to do this but you've somehow corrupted the memorystick then try reformatting the card and reinstalling the application.
Hope that helps.

Appologies to all novice users for posting this here, but some keen beginners required this info :)

F9zDark
May 7th, 2006, 16:50
I dumped the 2.0 psar to my memory stick, and spent a long time getting the files into their respective folders and what not.

However when I goto launch the 2.0 UMD icon, it brings up the MPH Loader screen, saying "Loading Game..." it just hangs for a few seconds and then the PSP shuts down.

Anyone have any ideas?

F9zDark
May 8th, 2006, 01:55
Same thing happens with homebrew. Hopefully these issues will be resolved soon, because this shell really serves no purpose otherwise.