PDA

View Full Version : Sega Hops On Rev Download Service

wraggster
March 23rd, 2006, 23:56
As if the whooping that greeted Satoru Iwata's unveiling of The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass on DS wasn't enough to tire the crowds at the Nintendo president's GDC keynote in San Jose this morning, even more roof tiles were raised at the news that the Revolution's Virtual Console download service will see retro Nintendo games joined by a 'best of' selection of Sega Mega Drive titles.
Alongside the Sega deal, Iwata also revealed that Bomberman developer Hudson will be offering its games via Virtual Console too which, utilising a service the Nintendo president described as being like a videogames version of iTunes, will offer well over one thousand games. What's more, Iwata also stressed that cost for consumers wouldn't be prohibitive.

Unfortunately, no further details were revealed, meaning we're left to wallow in anticipation and wonderment over which of our favourite 16-bit titles will make it into the Revolution roster. Feel free to sling in your tuppence-worth via the Comments below.

GaMeR_2000
April 19th, 2006, 23:22
I hope Panzer Dragoon Saiya (I hope I spelled it right) on the Genisis will be available as a download because
1) I dont have a Genisis and...
2) It can go for $200 online!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Darksaviour69
April 19th, 2006, 23:26
Panzer Dragoon Saga

i had that game, bought it for £30 new went it came out... but i lent it to a friend!!

GaMeR_2000
April 19th, 2006, 23:34
Thanks for the correction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)