PDA

View Full Version : Pc88quasidc

wraggster
March 24th, 2006, 00:14
DCIberia (http://www.dciberia.net/tiki-read_article.php?articleId=377) have posted the release of a new emulator for the Dreamcast, heres the info:

Translated via Google:

As many already you know, for about 8 months I have been carrying Quasi88 SDL (Emulator of PC88) to Dreamcast and right now the emulator compiles and it is executed but at the moment I have not been able to make draw the BASIC, although menus GTK work perfectly in Dreamcast, and reason why coat in sure in some thing I am forming something bad or video or CPU.

I have decided to publish source and a binary one in case somebody wishes to continue working with the emulator. Its beginning is almost more complex that to carry it in himself and many of the instructions and code is in Japanese, reason why much becomes difficult, even so it requires of a last one superficially and surely that if somebody continues it will end up working fixed.

Download via Comments

fackue
March 24th, 2006, 04:24
Is it me, or are online translators getting better?

Hawkeyefile
March 24th, 2006, 05:35
he probably translated from a language closer to english (subject verb object language).

ron
March 24th, 2006, 07:54
I have readed that someone else was porting Quasi88 to Dreamcast. Should be okay if anybody takes the emulator ahead.

If you need more info about PC88 or in fact about the Quasi SDL just contact me.

Cheers

I edit my post: Here is the original port one: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=19435

Saludos

quzar
March 24th, 2006, 12:19
Sorry I never got back to you with information about my port. I've been really busy, and my devving box has been broken so I havn't had easy access to the files on it.

ron
March 24th, 2006, 12:40
Some Captures:

Those are the emu menus and main screen captured on dreamcast

Cheers.

obelisk
March 24th, 2006, 18:39
what parts/ stuff do you need quzar?
if its somehing simple or small i might be able to help... something bigger might need a fund.

ron
March 25th, 2006, 18:25
Sorry I never got back to you with information about my port.

I would like to know what do you mean with this, I'm not able to translate correctly.

You never have spoken to me about this emulator, you never have passed me any info or file about quasiSDL.

May be a misunderstood but I dont understand what do you want to say.

The rest of the post is clear and Loud but not this first part

Starscream
March 25th, 2006, 22:55
Quzar is probably just talking about the thread in the" porting ideas" section, where he mentioned that he was porting Quasi88,too, but didn't do much with it yet, at least that's how I understood it.

ron
March 26th, 2006, 11:28
OKAY, GREAT. What I said, if you want to continue here is the port, in fact must be really easy to manage and put it in work.

Cheers

Starscream
March 26th, 2006, 13:05
Maybe taking at look at the MESS driver can be a help? MESS supports PC88, albeit the emulation is in an early stage. I (obviously) don't know, but perhaps some useful informations can be found.