PDA

View Full Version : The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass Screenshots

wraggster
March 24th, 2006, 00:29
Theres a mass of screenshots of the New Zelda game for DS floating around, click the comments to see a ton of them :)

Looking Good :)

Vegetable
March 24th, 2006, 03:16
Nintendo has failed to give the fans what they really want again.

kennyk
March 24th, 2006, 03:49
Sorry, I can't agree with you there. I like windwaker's graphics, and I've been a fan of Zelda since the NES game came out.

thetree222
March 24th, 2006, 05:39
nintendo has done it again. they have made a fricken AWESOME game, with the sweet cel graphics back from wind waker. and vegetable, think of it this way, if they had gone for realistic looks, it wouldn't be as impressive(see: Goldeneye 007: Rogue Agent DS, Resident Evil DS)

DimensionT
March 24th, 2006, 06:45
I agree with thetre222... Cell shaded graphics seem to do good on the DS's color palette. Now, just imagine a port of the PS2's Okami for the DS! :D

I've bought every Zelda game in the past and I'll buy every one in the future!
'Nuff said...

scrabbus
March 24th, 2006, 08:49
As would I DimensionT, the simple equation Nintendo+Zelda= 100%QUALITY

souLLy
March 24th, 2006, 08:52
looks good to me, my only concern is the touchscreen control its meant to use could ed up being novelty and irritating. but im sure it will be gaming gold either way

Apakossa
March 24th, 2006, 08:52
cell shading is cool but not on this game! f**k!

SetaN
March 24th, 2006, 09:12
I agree... I hated Windwaker >.<

jassin000
March 24th, 2006, 09:44
Windwaker was the worst Zelda to date! I'm so bummed they re-used the cell-shade cartoon look. Last great Zelda game was/is Minishcap for GBA.

cnt2010
March 24th, 2006, 14:27
What? Minishcap graphics are pretty much pixilated Windwaker graphics. Anyway the best Zelda is Zelda 2 for the nes. :p

scrabbus
March 24th, 2006, 14:30
Windwaker was the worst Zelda to date! I'm so bummed they re-used the cell-shade cartoon look. Last great Zelda game was/is Minishcap for GBA.

Well, well, please thats just shite and you know it, the windwaker was absolutely great, dont take my word for it gobshite, take a look at the reviews.
I do apologise to all the folks who know me in here, but I just hate all this pathetic whining, get over the cel shaded graphics for petes sake. I used to hear this crap a lot from Sony fanboys, but alas such is life, just dont get me irked. I am a 33 yr old VETERAN gamer, I own all the Zelda games and I can safely say that they are all very very good games, anyway thats me, dont bother with a retort, I and most uf us sensible gamers do not need to hear your whining.

scrabbus
March 24th, 2006, 14:42
Once again apologies for the profanity, its just that sometimes I get really annoyed at worthless, schoolboy comments.

weaselboy246
March 24th, 2006, 22:30
So... this is another flooded world/in a boat game? Hmm.... fun. hope there is multiplayer. ;) And windwaker kicked @$$. all i got to say

HtheB
March 24th, 2006, 22:38
What? Minishcap graphics are pretty much pixilated Windwaker graphics. Anyway the best Zelda is Zelda 2 for the nes. :p

OMG ! :confused:are you out of your mind?

the WOREST zelfda game was ZELDA II!!!! and after that.. its the windwaker (its very childish)

i think it the best one was the first one :) (old school) and offcourse the N64 zelda's.

EDIT: I think the best game of zelda will be twiglight princess.. but.. who knows... :D

chopper
March 24th, 2006, 23:47
Whats wrong with some people windwaker was great.

thetree222
March 25th, 2006, 01:05
actually, the worst zelda games are those crappy ones that were the b@$t@rd child of a deal gone wrong beween nintendo and phillips. three zelda games were on the phillips CD-i, coincidentally, they all tie for worst!

scrabbus
March 25th, 2006, 08:33
true, all I was trying to convey to the folks is that saying something is awful and thats that is no argument at all. I mean come on, have you seen some of the effects in wind waker? They are absolutely magnificent, that and the gameplay is simply sublime anyway, thats it!!

RedruM7
March 28th, 2006, 07:52

Sweet a fellow Zelda 2 fan, yea I had the gold editon for the NES back in the day, and to this day I play it on my PDA and have yet to finish the final castle.

The whole overworld and then zooming in to the 2d action I thought was pure genius, and I think they are going for something similar for the DS version, which is a perfect fit with the dual screens. I think the whole note taking thing looks very interesting if well thought out and used properly, but being a Zelda game I shouldent have to worry. For the DS I think windwaker style is fine even though I admit i like the realistic syle of OOT the best, as long as they do make a realistic one or even a remake for the DS in the future similar to OOT (best game ever.)

LuckyLama
March 30th, 2006, 14:23
Sorry, I can't agree with you there. I like windwaker's graphics, and I've been a fan of Zelda since the NES game came out.
Agreed.
Windwaker Graphics owns but it would be cool if they had made it like Ocarine of the time syle.

Kraton
March 30th, 2006, 16:09
Windwaker was awesome and Zelda II was pretty cool :)

LBI Surf
March 31st, 2006, 17:48
if those are actual screen shots of the actual game I am really excited for this game.

kennyk
April 2nd, 2006, 20:29
I'm just happy to see a new 3-d zelda game for the DS. I was afraid it was going to be an old port of OoT. Although it wouldn't have been bad to see a new game based off of OoT's graphics. I'm still happy with the cel shaded style.

Shilo
April 4th, 2006, 22:59
Windwaker is awesome.............................. why people hate it beacuse of the grapics I'll never know. This new Zelda game looks sooooooooooooooooo cool.

P.S anyone else think that boat looks funny?????

GaMeR_2000
April 20th, 2006, 03:05
I think the interactive map will be SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!

GaMeR_2000
April 20th, 2006, 03:06
if those are actual screen shots of the actual game I am really excited for this game.

they are