PDA

View Full Version : Sony wakes up to Europe

wraggster
March 25th, 2006, 00:23
Source MCV (http://mcvuk.com/newsitem.php?id=870)

After PS2 and PSP launches that left us in the dark for almost a year, SCEE president David Reeves has promised to right the wrongs of the past and give Europe equal billing to Japan and the US when PS3 launches in November.
Speaking exclusively to MCV, Reeves moved to reassure an industry concerned about hardware numbers that he aims to ensure that Europe is not left behind.

“The US, Japan and Europe will be equally served,” he said. “It’s my job to make sure Europe gets equal billing. I can’t specify the numbers but we’ll work hard to ensure it is equal.”

And now that Europe can look forward to the arrival of the hugely anticipated console during the pivotal festive season, Reeves led the celebrations – and hinted at what could be a bumper launch line-up.

“We’re delighted that it is out in November. I think the fact it is worldwide is good news for retail. And for our third party partners it is great timing before Christmas – in Europe specifically. Europe is on track and I think the third party publishers should recognise that. But as for us, we will have anything from four to six titles at launch, maybe more.”

But the SCEE president would not give any indication of Sony’s next big announcement – a final price point. “Ken [Kuturagi] will choose a price point at the right time once all the production costing is done,” Reeves added.

“Sony has a history of choosing the right time to do it; we did it with PSOne and it was the same with PS2.”