PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way to go to the home menu with a Pandora battery inserted?

Darqkiller
May 31st, 2009, 01:27
Well, I just recently made my PSP's battery a Pandora battery (along with my own Magic Memory Stick, of course), but I noticed that no matter what I tried, I couldnt get to the home menu, and I had to eject the battery and plug in my AC adapter and boot it that way, so I was wondering if there was some sort of modification to the MMS or the Pandora to get me to the home menu?
I just dont wanna go out and spend another $40 on a new battery.
Thanks in advance.

JLF65
May 31st, 2009, 04:18
Go buy another battery. Rechargeable batteries don't last long, and every time you use your PB, it's one bit closer to dead. Use a normal battery unless you NEED to use the PB so that WHEN it goes dead, your PB is still good.

akuan30000
May 31st, 2009, 18:16
why would the PB go closer to dead each time you use it? wouldn't it be the same as a normal one?

Also, if you softmodded your battery you should be able to use a mms/pandora maker to un pandoraise (?) the battery. Otherwise, take the battery out, turn it on with the ac adapter in, and stick the battery back in.

JLF65
May 31st, 2009, 22:16
why would the PB go closer to dead each time you use it? wouldn't it be the same as a normal one?

Yes, and every time you use a "normal" rechargeable battery, it's one use closer to dead. Rechargeables can last as little as nine months, or maybe up to two years. It's pretty rare to have a rechargeable battery work effectively for longer than that. You'll find web pages dedicated to guides on how to use a rechargeable battery to get the most life out of it.

Which is my point - ALL rechargeable batteries eventually go dead, and the more you use it, the faster that end comes. So don't use your PB as your everyday battery unless you don't mind having to make a new PB later when your current one is finally dead from normal everyday usage.

Also, if you softmodded your battery you should be able to use a mms/pandora maker to un pandoraise (?) the battery. Otherwise, take the battery out, turn it on with the ac adapter in, and stick the battery back in.

If you convert it back to normal, it'll work like normal, but then you won't have a PB in case something goes wrong. Always have a PB and a MMS with the latest D_A software ready as your PSP First Aid Kit. Don't use the PB or MMS as your everyday battery or memstick - they're for emergencies.