PDA

View Full Version : PS2Doom v1.0.4.0

wraggster
May 31st, 2009, 20:48
pedroduarte0 (http://ps2homebrewing.wordpress.com/2009/05/31/ps2doom-v1-0-4-0/) has released a new version of the Port of Doom for the PS2, heres the release notes:

Well, almost a entire month has passed since the last update and I can assure you it was been a hell of a 4 weeks at the job. No spare time to do anything than work. No cinema, no walkings, no friends, no life. And yes, no ps2doom.

It took me only about 2-3 hours of quality free time on this week end to understand how strafe was implemented at lsdldoom and how key/button events are handled in Doom. So, implementing strafe for the right analog stick was almost a linear task and for better, it wasn’t necessary to change the code dramatically.

Now ps2doom plays beautifully with strafing If you never tried this feature on ps2 lsdldoom port, you don’t know what you’re missing now on ps2doom! It tooks the gameplay to another dimension completely. Actually, I feel the gameplay with a Dualshock PS2 controller surpasses by large keyboard gameplay at action time, not accounting for the extra functions you can quickly access though keyboard.

Have a try and lots of fun! Doom is incredibly addicting, even after you finished it over and over.

As usual, source is included with the pack:

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments