PDA

View Full Version : Meritous PSP

wraggster
May 31st, 2009, 21:00
News/release from Marach (http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=12029)

This is my PSP port of a game Meritous by Asceai.
I hope you like it like I do. Please report bugs, comments, complains and love letters in this thread.

http://elementgame.boo.pl/

INFO:
It's a dungeon-crawl-action game. You travel through thousands of rooms killing monsters, finding artifacts and dealing with bosses. Controls are explained in readme file. Plot and more game help is explained in the in-game help file opened by pressing Select. Game contains 3 endings. Wuss mode is for less experienced, but I recomend playing always in normal mode. Game fits into PSP screen - it's not streched. What's up with that love letters?

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Izowiuz
June 1st, 2009, 17:55
Great game, great port ; ) Control scheme fits the PSP flawlessly. Game tends to run very slow when there is a lot of stuff on the screen. Also, there is a problem with saving. Sometimes game fails to save. The bar showing the saving status fills much quicker than it usually does and mc led is not flashing. After encountering this, it is no longer possible to save.

Marach
June 2nd, 2009, 07:25
Heey, that's me :)

I know about this save game bug.
It happens only after more than 30 minutes of continuous playing, so restart the game each 30 minutes and you will never encounter this.

I'm trying to fix it, it's probably because of code not freeing loaded sounds and images. I will try to replace all code loading image to call of a resource manager. I will also try to implement a HighMemoryMod to delay this bug in time, but I can't find M33 SDK anywhere and I can't download from Rapidshare, so I'm stuck with it for now :/ .

lampsta
June 2nd, 2009, 19:22
ALsome game can wait 4 an update!:thumbup:

Marach
June 3rd, 2009, 08:28
I see 2 reasons:
Maybe game loads the same image twice without freeing previous one, then a resource management system can help.
Second reason is memory fragmentation. Then I can load all images and sounds on the start, and just give already loaded images when game needs them.
In both cases, the fix will come out this week :).

Izowiuz
June 3rd, 2009, 10:51
Ha! ; ) I can't wait for the update / ,,/