PDA

View Full Version : PSPFceUltra Release 2! (Nes Emulator for the PSP)

wraggster
March 25th, 2006, 16:34
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/gleam3t.jpg

Hamsterbert who is the newest Developer hosted here at DCEmu has released a new version of his Nes Emulator for the PSP, heres whats new:

<blockquote>psp-fceultra is a port of the NES/Famicom emulator fceultra to
the psp.

Whats new:
After reading a few comments I have decided to release an update.

- Basic sound support (Needs a bit more work)
- Video renderer improvements:
Selectable filter mode, point filter or bilinear filter
new selectable video modes: no stretch, 4:3 full stretch, and fullscreen stretch
- More work on the gui
- stavestates (needs support for more than on save per game)
- frameskip for games that take a while to render
- general cleanup of code
- other little things that I can't remember

Features:
- Support for loads of nes roms (Best compatability of any nes emu on the psp??)
- zip support
- hardware accelerated blitting
- 60fps on most games
- built in game select screen

Missing:
- Cheat codes
- mappable controls
- Zapper support
- FDS support
- Source code (will be released with next version)</blockquote>

Download and Give Feedback at Hamsterberts Site here --> http://hbert.dcemu.co.uk/

PsychoSync
March 25th, 2006, 18:00
This is a very promising emu! And IMO FCE Ultra is the best NES emu for PC so thats great for the PSP.

Thanks Hamsterbert, nice to have a new coder in the scene! The more we have means more fun for us who use homebrews.

archronos
March 25th, 2006, 18:16
OMG my favorite system on the psp!!!
GOOD JOB

lplover2k
March 25th, 2006, 20:26
good work..compatible with 2.01?? continue like this Hamsterberts !!! :)

pkmusicmaker
March 25th, 2006, 20:37
OMG my favorite system on the psp!!!
GOOD JOB

I really hope you don't think this is the first one.

pspfan
March 25th, 2006, 23:39
Features:
- Support for loads of nes roms (Best compatability of any nes emu on the psp??)
What's that supposed to mean? Shouldn't all roms work...?

pkmaximum
March 25th, 2006, 23:48
Im not critical or anything but is there a point to this emulator. As far as I can see we already have a good working Nes emulator. This one just seems like a waste of time unless ad hoc support is made for it. That is the only way I will consider looking at this emulator. Im not trying to call this a bad idea. I'm just saying we really need coders to work on game boy advanced or something. Not a emulator that is already working great. It reminds me of that other coder who made gnuboy for the PSP. We already have RIN that works great. The only thing we need on emulators for the PSP is ad hoc or even infastructure support for the PSP. ;)

Insane1
March 26th, 2006, 00:42
Im not critical or anything but is there a point to this emulator. As far as I can see we already have a good working Nes emulator. This one just seems like a waste of time unless ad hoc support is made for it. That is the only way I will consider looking at this emulator. Im not trying to call this a bad idea. I'm just saying we really need coders to work on game boy advanced or something. Not a emulator that is already working great. It reminds me of that other coder who made gnuboy for the PSP. We already have RIN that works great. The only thing we need on emulators for the PSP is ad hoc or even infastructure support for the PSP. ;)
Well I think these are rather good ideas. Especially for someone who likes alternatives.

Voltron
March 26th, 2006, 00:55
There is no such thing as a bad idea when it comes to this stuff. The coder should be appreciated and the EMU may not be the best of the best just yet but it only stands to benefit the quality of homebrew if there are more than one coder developing similar EMU's.

Competition brings out innovation. Sure we could all just stick with Nester J forever and nobody could ever expand on NES emulation on the PSP. But I'd rather see coders keep working on EMU's.

aries2k4
March 26th, 2006, 01:02
Competition brings out innovation. Sure we could all just stick with Nester J forever and nobody could ever expand on NES emulation on the PSP. But I'd rather see coders keep working on EMU's.

I couldnīt agree with you more. :)

Badcrap
March 26th, 2006, 05:15
whats a good place to get roms

pspfan
March 26th, 2006, 05:51
It reminds me of that other coder who made gnuboy for the PSP. We already have RIN that works great.
Isn't that the same person?

Also, I'm fine with him working on emulators that already exist, but I think he should add new features to make his stand out (like Ad Hoc, man Ad Hoc Snes and GB/GBC would be awesome!). I think he is aiming to do this in the future, though...I hope so at least.

Insane1
March 26th, 2006, 06:08
Isn't that the same person?

Also, I'm fine with him working on emulators that already exist, but I think he should add new features to make his stand out (like Ad Hoc, man Ad Hoc Snes and GB/GBC would be awesome!). I think he is aiming to do this in the future, though...I hope so at least.
Yeah I think it's the same person. ANyways he'd probably get all the basics covered before moving onto things like Ad Hoc.

ayhoung
March 26th, 2006, 14:57
d00d just accept the fact that not everyone out there wants to make a gba emu, stop being such whiny @$$holes

Insane1
March 26th, 2006, 18:54
d00d just accept the fact that not everyone out there wants to make a gba emu, stop being such whiny @$$holes
I agree with that...but in a reworded way...

GBA Emulation isn't as easy as some would think. And don't say "But we got PS1 and N64 starting to work!!" Because THOSE systems take advantage of the PSP's 3d graphics hardware acceleration. The GBA -DOES NOT-.