PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Iris Mod

Stewie2280
March 26th, 2006, 01:08
I am currently creating a star wars mod of iris. I have completely finished the characters (11 in total) but have no one to create the levels so I am asking Produkt, PSPdemon or MGFox to help me create some star wars themed levels. PSmonkey has given me an okay to go ahead with this project. Last if anyone knows of any sites to get quake 2 models tell me and i will try and convert them for iris.

Characters I have made:
Darth Vader
Han Solo
Boba Fett
Qui Gon
Battle Droid
Security Droid
Infantry Droid
Pilot Droid
Podracer

Characters PSPdemon has made
Darth Maul
Droideka (droid that turns into ball)

And ill also need a couple of people to test and just say if it was any good

if anyone has a real name for this mod please tell me

Map makers so far: PSPdemon

-- edit by PSmonkey --
Spring Cleaning. Please use this topic now.
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=21785

Kaiser
March 26th, 2006, 01:14
Good luck on this man. MGFox is currently away from the homebrew scene so your best bets for help would be PSPDemon, Produkt and possibly yaustar.

BrooksyX
March 26th, 2006, 03:13
sweet, have any screens

PSPdemon
March 26th, 2006, 03:37
Good to see you back again... i have been wondering what you have been up to lately...

if you need any help, you know how to get me :D

Anyway, Good Luck with your mod :D

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Produkt
March 26th, 2006, 04:24
I'll pitch in if you want to talk through some messenger.

Timale-Kun
March 26th, 2006, 04:35
Well done guys!!!Screens will be great but this is a great news^^...Hope this one won't be ceased by Lucas Art!!!^^...Good luck to all Of U

Produkt
March 26th, 2006, 05:01
nothing stoped the people from making the orignal models and there were several starwars themed maps in cs... so I'm fairly damned sure that we wont have a problem...

::edit removed::

Stewie2280
March 26th, 2006, 07:17
so did you want to make some maps produkt

and pspdemon i just want to thank you for showing me how to actually make characters

with the screenshots i dont want to give any until the levels are on and i cant...damn 2.6 if anyone knows a program that you can use on 2.6 to make screemshots (pspshot etc

PSPdemon
March 26th, 2006, 07:25
hey... do you need anything man? really i didnt make the characters...i just redid the textures ( aka skins )

you should though give the real credit o the author that really made the models, just as some advice.

also, i have been expirementing with map making so i have no problem with helping out on maps for you. i am always for helping out those who want to do somthing :D

try to get on tonight... that would help me in the long run to understand what you want to do

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Stewie2280
March 26th, 2006, 07:38
ok cool ill try and find the actual makers of the models

wraggster
March 26th, 2006, 10:09
did i ever say im a massive star wars fan :)

lildude9232
March 27th, 2006, 00:03
hey sounds cool, i got 2 questions.. is it going to be able to be played online, and when do you think you will make a release??

Produkt
March 27th, 2006, 01:07
It will be playable online by the same means that Iris will be...

I still need a wee bit of money to repair the computer which I plan to use as the master server... (may host a game server on it too...)

PSPdemon
March 27th, 2006, 03:01
YAY!!!

i got a map for it!!! now all i got to do is to make the final touches and i can post some picures of the work! :D ( all thats left is making textures that will work with iris )

its kinda like the white halls in the ship (4th movie first part) and then branches off into a hanger.

anyway, i ask something of all of you to do... i need pictures of game footage or movie footage showing me what the hallways, hangers, battle fields, ect. look like. so that i can acheieve a feel of the star wars universe :)

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

PSPdemon
March 27th, 2006, 07:03
hehe

here are some screens :D

(i know, they might not be perfect, but atleast its a start)

DPyro
March 27th, 2006, 07:19
Haha! NiCE!! :D

Stewie2280
March 27th, 2006, 08:31
wow pspdemon great job with the map

pspdemon i gave you some pictures of ideas for maps if you have seen your e-mails

I have added another model the Podracer

PSmonkey
March 27th, 2006, 15:25
pspdemon,
Remind me to get you a newer iris so you wont have clipped polygons anymore.

adasdj
March 27th, 2006, 16:08
Hey i could help with some maps or models, I'll model in Max 8 :)

Stealth Kill
March 27th, 2006, 16:22
hi,
i'm very good in maya 7
and i will make my own models are there any
plugins to export md2 files?

Zeemon
March 27th, 2006, 16:47
Great work on the level. And I assume those are the charactors that will be used also? They look great!

I'm really excited for this mod, looks like it'll be a great success!

Stewie2280
March 27th, 2006, 22:24
To adasdj and Stealth Kill if you can make any star wars models eg stormtrooper then ill put you down for it pm me

PSPdemon
March 27th, 2006, 22:55
Okay...

I have a few questions to the people :D

what places in the star wars universe would you like to see? give me some ideas and ill see about applying them to a map :)

Stewie, i have looked at those pictures. you did tell me that it would be cool to have the white halls like from the 4th movie so i did my best to achieve what you were looking for :)

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

BrooksyX
March 27th, 2006, 23:31
you should make a hoth level were you can wander the halls of the snow base and then go out side and fight in the snow area. That takes place in the Empire Strikes back.

Another good idea would be the jedi temple, that is shown in the first three episodes.

Zeemon
March 28th, 2006, 02:05
you should make a hoth level were you can wander the halls of the snow base and then go out side and fight in the snow area. That takes place in the Empire Strikes back.

Another good idea would be the jedi temple, that is shown in the first three episodes.
Yeah-- And if you have Battlefront or Battlefront II, it could help you out, as it had that level.

PSPdemon
March 28th, 2006, 02:15
Yeah... i dont have that game, i am basically using pictures of the net that i see and then in my perspective remake it into a texture and apply it on a map...

i will try my best to make them, i think ( and i have to ask stewie first ) that if i can get 3 maps done that i think it would be a good alpha release...just incase we run into problems.

as far as the pics i posted... its basically the a bigger version of the ship ( first one that vader enters into from episode 4 ) with the addition to a hanger ( still seeing if i can add a x-wing model into it )

also, why the textures look kinda wierd is that iris v.1 doesnt support (which i dont know why) complicated textures. i know it can support plain textures with a very simple color pallete, otherwise i would use my sweet textures i created for it when i thought that i might be able load them into the map :(

anyway, i will get some more maps done and post them up here asap :D

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Produkt
March 28th, 2006, 03:19
I'll be doing a training talk I think... tommarrow afternoon from 3:45 to 5:00pm est anyone who wants in just pm me, with your contact details

Stewie2280
March 28th, 2006, 06:09
pspdemon the map was wicked ive got a lot more pics if you want em

LAMPRO
March 28th, 2006, 18:35
looks great.. keep it up.. we should see the alpha soon.. grind away..
BUT
How about a Tattoine map (Desert Maps I would think would be very easy; Luke's family farm could be one part and then into the city with the village, the bar and the hanger with the millenium falcon, all the wierd band creatures and characters, etc.. that would be a cool alternative to the Hoth level, (all snow vs all sand) and also what about an Endor Moon level with the Ewoks and the jungle- (might be difficult to render jungles but) meaning...

Theres your 3 maps for the mod.. plus the Imperial Cruiser which is shown in the screenshots above.. (which is a spaceship and not a world). And the suggested Jedi Temple, (great suggestion) which is a building, a massive building by the looks of the rendering done in ROTSith, - SO- Hoth (snow), Tattoine, (sand), and Endor (Jungle)- could be for a future release.. Just some suggestions.. two locations and 3 worlds, would be an all around brew winner- This is a massive job. But would probably be THE most sought after brew ever. Good Luck!!

one winged angel
March 28th, 2006, 19:35
I would suggest the death star level

LAMPRO
March 29th, 2006, 17:13
YES!! THAT WOULD MAKE IT A HIT. The DeathStar level, the ImperialCruiser Level, and the Jedi Temple Level, PLUS the HOTH, TATTOINE, AND ENDOR worlds. WOW. This would get the brew award. KEEP GRINDIN!!

PSmonkey
March 29th, 2006, 18:06
sounds like iris might soon have to suport no gravity so people can do space battles.

Stealth Kill
March 29th, 2006, 18:43
@stewie2280
the stormtrooper model is finished but i have no skin.where can i find skins?

CoderX
March 29th, 2006, 19:15
Demon what do you need to make a mod, for this?

Produkt
March 29th, 2006, 21:48
To mod Iris, the sugested tools are as follows

An image editing suite - Photoshop, Paintshop Pro, Gimp, Ect. At current all textures must be saved as 24bit TGA files with a color sheet of ONLY 256 colors. any alteration of this may cause a problem in the texture.

A level editor - All maps are requried to be compiled via Q3Radiant (Using Q3Map) wil later versions of radiant can be used to make the map the map can only be compiled with Q3Map. Other editors Such as Cartography Shop and Leadwerk's 3D World Studio may be used aswell... but the maps must be compiled via Q3Map.

A model editor - Any 3d modeling program may be suitable for the project, although the tool of the Iris Team currently lies with MilkShape 3D, this tool is made simple and contains all the nessisary plugins for making Models out of the box. This tool is not free however it is cost effective in comparison to other tools they also offer a 30 day free trial with full features.

At this point in time game code is not possible. Due to the evolution the engine must make the game will not be releasing source code untill PSMonkey sees fit.

Stewie2280
March 29th, 2006, 22:25
@stewie2280
the stormtrooper model is finished but i have no skin.where can i find skins?

how do you mean the model is finished but you have no sknins? you can find skins at www.polycount.com go to the q2 model part

sroon
March 29th, 2006, 23:29
This looks pretty cool!!

PSPdemon
March 30th, 2006, 02:12
Update time!

i have drawn out the last of the maps and i am putting them into radient :)

hopefully i will be able to get the m done soon, but for right now and for a while ill have to take it easy... i just found out today that i may have to have a a heart problem (praying that i dont). the doctor said i would have to take it easy and get some rest, so i probably wont start until the weekend :(

anyway, the 2 maps that i am making are "Snow Base" and "Up High" both are very big and both will take some time esspecial the snow base ( because i want to amke it so that you can not only have a fight on the inside...but fight outside of the base as well :) )

So until then,

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

PSPHax0r9
March 30th, 2006, 04:06
Can't wait! Thanks for all your hard work guys, it is highly appreciated.

Stewie2280
March 30th, 2006, 07:20
hope your gonna be ok pspdemon

d3v1l
March 30th, 2006, 15:13
omg..this sounds great! star wars:D i hope we can have sum vehicle models in the mod too..if u walk in hoth outside that u see a ATAT or ATST ^^ great work so far!! keep this up!

Oni
March 30th, 2006, 16:33
It would be nice if u posted some pics of the new lvls...
Greatest mod/game that would be out... hope for a alfa release soon:P

Heavy shit, if u have a heart props, pspdemon.... sorry to hear.

anyway, keep up the good work:D

Oni

Elsid
March 30th, 2006, 16:36
thanks.

Jpdeathblade
March 30th, 2006, 21:27
Looks great guys. Keep up the great work...

If only you can make it like the game:
1. Lightsabors that you can turn off and on
2. Jumping and fliping in air
3. Force (grab something and throw it without toching it)

Some levels that would be cool (sorry i dont know names):
Yada's swamp
Jaba the huts place (make jaba playable :))
the lava place from episode 3 (where DV and obi fight)

Idk well it says you need a name so here is a few:
PSP Wars
DeathStar Portable
Star Wars Episode 7: Handheld Attack

Thats All i can think of for now

wraggster
March 30th, 2006, 22:08
or you could call it

Is that a Light Sabre in your Trousers?

Stewie2280
March 30th, 2006, 22:22
or you could call it

Is that a Light Sabre in your Trousers?

lol but i like the idea deathstar portable

and with all the ideas of like jumping into an atst im sorry but that wont be possibel coz this is only an iris mod not a tottaly new game

RedKing14CA
March 31st, 2006, 00:05
You need stormtroopers dude!

lildude9232
March 31st, 2006, 02:39
-- rm --
Video and Code Provided by BoFunk.com

Next time just link to the video I dont find it save for boards to be executing eternal objects like that (thats a quick way to ask for a virus).

Zeemon
March 31st, 2006, 03:50
Why did you post that.....

Stewie2280
March 31st, 2006, 13:49
lol

lildude9232
March 31st, 2006, 23:42
Rofljackulation!!!

Stewie2280
April 1st, 2006, 00:21
ewww