PDA

View Full Version : EA targets girls with new franchise

wraggster
June 1st, 2009, 18:45
EA’s Play label is to publish a new range of games aimed at young female players.
Titled Charm Club Girls, the new franchise is to debut with Wii release Pajama Party, and three original titles for the DS. Each of the games will focus on completing tasks and collecting charms in a world that is designed to be sassy, fun, and relevant to the world of the intended audience.
"Charm Club Girls celebrates everything that's fun about being a girl," said Sarah Handley, senior director of marketing at EA Play. "Girls are gamers too and EA wants to provide them with games that are fun, fabulous and appeal to their interests."

"With Charm Club Girls, we're providing girls with quality games that emphasise cool characters, fun challenges, customisation and lots of collectible charm rewards that can be shared across products," added EA Play’s senior producer. Dyan Williams, "Girls are really excited about a new line of games made just for them."
Across three DS games, My Perfect Prom, My Fashion Mall and My Fashion Show, players can tackle fashion dilemmas, plan for the perfect date, and handle a range of shopping-related mishaps. Meanwhile, the Wii version offers 30 minigames addressing activities such as pillow fighting and speed hair teasing.
Distributed by EA Casual Studios, the games are currently scheduled for release in autumn 2009, and have not yet been rated by PEGI or the ERSB.

http://www.casualgaming.biz/news/28681/EA-targets-girls-with-new-franchise