PDA

View Full Version : Snes TYL WIP Update

wraggster
March 26th, 2006, 10:05
Laxer3a (http://yoyofr.proboards44.com/index.cgi?board=snes9xtyl&action=display&thread=1142358961&page=5) posted this update on the state of play with the excellent Snes emulator for the PSP:

Hi everybody.

As I wrote in the beta test thread. The ME is doing some issues...

The network stuff is quite great tough (it is really cool to play Sf2 with two PSP !!!) But it suffer some stability issue. The good point is that yoyo debugged enough the network stuff so that the consoles do not loose synchronization too much. Some of the rendering of the blending are going weird with quite somes games. I dont know why for the moment and need to talk with yoyo about it. Basically, it seems that if the ME is just here to process stuff but be quite independant, the program seems to work OK. But when there is too much interaction between the two process on each cpu, it seems to go weird. The thing is that the way the code is done IS correct. I really believe so...
That network stuff is also TOO COOL to be lost. So I think we are motivated enough to get it work. It is just that we planned to release this week end actually... But it is far too much unstable to have a lot of people after complain that the level of the emu went far down. So please wait again for a while (=some weeks) until yoyo and I find enough time to resolve most of the issues and then release a "usable" version of TYL 0.4

felonyr301
March 26th, 2006, 11:23
wow i cant wait for this version take your time guys its better to come out with something good than a unstable rush one ...especially if its a version worse than before..

Voltron
March 26th, 2006, 13:05
I was very sad to hear about the recent problems the TYL team encountered with a lot of the new features in this EMU. But I strongly support and believe in the TYL team. This EMU could be the start of a new generation of homebrew on the PSP. With using ME, WiFi Network Play, etc.

Keep fighting those bugs TYL, all the work is very much anticipated and appreciated.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
March 26th, 2006, 13:20
Hey dude no problem after all the best things come to those who wait.Im sure it will be worth it.

Kloe
March 26th, 2006, 15:03
What is ME? Sorry for the lack of understanding. :D and with the wireless coop play will it work with every game that has 2 player? and how is it that we would connect? would we just connect with someone nearby or is there going to be online servers that you can connect and play with people from around the country and world? Just a few questions i've been wondering. ^,^

ByteMaster
March 26th, 2006, 16:02
ME = Media Engine

Indeed it's too bad that all devs seem to be inventing their own wheel re the ME. The GPU seems to be well understood now, but the sound processing is uncharted territory.

pkmaximum
March 26th, 2006, 16:12
wow im really looking foward to this emu. great work yoyo. I agree that multiplayer support from PSP-to PSP. I hope to see this soon. But im happy that you keep us up to date. :) Good lukc yoyo

Voltron
March 26th, 2006, 17:39
With the wireless coop play will it work with every game that has 2 player? and how is it that we would connect? would we just connect with someone nearby or is there going to be online servers that you can connect and play with people from around the country and world?

It has not been clearly stated on the TYL forums whether just certain games or all games will work with the network play. I believe I did read from Yoyo himself that it would be possible for more than just 2-players. Like Super Bomberman can have up to 4 players. This should be possible. That would be amazing. The network play will utilize the PSP's WIFI (ad hoc) - PSP to PSP.

I don't know the inner-workings of it but it would be cool if home-made servers could be created to find people across the world to compete with. But if they are having sync and stability issues with ad hoc, any sort of infrastructure mode is probably a long way down the road. No matter, 2-4 player ad hoc would be a huge step forward and a very cool feature.

Man, I wish the TYL guys had more free time or more support to allow them more free time. I say again TYL, great work and keep at it. Its appreciated mroe than you know.

Zephyroth_drgs
March 26th, 2006, 18:11
good news, ill wait it, we really need that update and network play, congrats and keep ut the good work

blaz3d
March 26th, 2006, 19:02
wwoooo! dont rush it! xlink kai tunnells the psp in ad-hoc mode=loadsa potential www.teamxlink.co.uk for more info peace

chaos-is-me
March 26th, 2006, 20:33
Ah, Can't wait for this! Ad-hoc multiplayer would be awesome on Street Fighter 2. Keep it up guys.

pkmusicmaker
March 26th, 2006, 20:48
I'm sure the time will fly by. There's been so much homebrew activity lately so there's always something exciting to try out. Take your time, we'll all be patient. Goodluck, and thanks.

doggy
March 26th, 2006, 22:37
i hope the speed will be improve, because the last version i played sfa2 it kinda slow and looked like not a real time fighting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kennyk
March 26th, 2006, 23:34
How about fixing the sram? You broke it up in the last version, then never released a bugfix:(

aries2k4
March 27th, 2006, 00:04
canīt wait keep up the good work!

mog
March 27th, 2006, 03:00
it's great to hear the network multiplayer is working so well. can't wait to try it out..
altho for some reason i havent found a single other person at college or anywhere around town that has a psp other than me!!
so it's gonna be difficult to see what its like... :(
maybe if 2 player works well enough i will buy a second psp just so i can have 2 player sf2 at college! :p

ish420ism
March 27th, 2006, 03:48
My fav emu to go wifi. All you great devs make my 1.5 psp priceless.
I wouldn't trade my banged up psp for shizzit.

felonyr301
March 27th, 2006, 20:35
yes like ish420ism said making my 1.5 psp priceless loving it even more everytime there is a new release

brunobelo
March 28th, 2006, 00:09
I'd rather that the emulation runs at full speed and good sound that it have network play...