PDA

View Full Version : Faradays VMU

Tomlo
March 26th, 2006, 18:30
I have an broken faradays flashlight (the ones you shake and get light) and it has the same size batteries in it as a vmu, they are lithium and im assuming they are rechargable otherwise the flashlight would be useless. Anyways how could I get them to recharge for a vmu, they are almost dead. Perhaps a way for the dreamcast itself to recharge them...

semicolo
March 26th, 2006, 19:31
what's written on the batteries ? If it's cr2032 then it's not rechargeable and those lamps are just a fraud.

Tomlo
March 27th, 2006, 21:19
No I dont think its a fraud, it was made cheap though. The batteries say LITHIUM BATTERY CR2025 3V on them and they are a perfect vmu CR2032 match. Any Idea on how to recharge them with a DC?

Darksaviour69
March 27th, 2006, 21:32
you can't, and they would most likly cause you vmu to explode

Tomlo
March 28th, 2006, 01:21
So I cant get the DC to charge it, didnt think so...

Id have to remove them to charge them, could I just get a 3v power adapter and tape wires on each end of the batteries to charge them? Would the adapter have to be a certin mA?

biscuits
April 1st, 2006, 15:22
If it's a rechargeable battery you can charge it they way you described. Simply charge it at no more that 1 times the capacity. hook a VM and check for MA's. do not go over 4 volts fully charged!.