PDA

View Full Version : E3 2009: Burning UMDs onto the PSP Go?

wraggster
June 2nd, 2009, 23:19
Now that Sony's press conference is over and the PSP Go has officially been unveiled to the public (beyond last weekend's unfortunate leak), we here at IGN have one burning question: what will you do with all your old UMDs once you own a shiny Go?

We took a moment after the show to ask Sony representatives about this dire dilemma. Their answer: "we're definitely exploring opportunities."

This doesn't tell us much, but we can only hope that there will be an easy way to transfer UMDs onto the Go's internal memory without shelling out some big bucks.

http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/989/989572p1.html

osgeld
June 3rd, 2009, 00:41
we're definitely exploring opportunities.

yea like the opportunity to suck another 20-30 bucks out of the game you already bought from them

chuggman
June 3rd, 2009, 06:01
yea like the opportunity to suck another 20-30 bucks out of the game you already bought from them

Yeah but sony obviously doesn't care. The PSP and PS3 both have ability to run PSX games off of the HDD/memorystick but it does not allow us to convert our own disks natively. On the PSP we can only do it on custom firmware. On the PS3 we can only rebuy/buy stuff listed on the PS Store. Which has a stupid little amount of games. Nintendo's VC already has 300 old games available to download. This doesn't include the wiiware originals, whereas the PS3/PSP have like under 50 as per when I last checked a few months ago.

fpcreator2000
June 3rd, 2009, 15:03
Yes, Sony is going to release a UMD drive! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Holy crap! Now that's funny!

They are exploring opportunities to try to create a service ($$$$) to convert your PSP UMDs into PSN games.

shadowriffe
June 3rd, 2009, 22:34
Well, considering they hate Gamestop, maybe you can send in your UMDs + a minimal fee and they will give you a code to download the game off the PSN.

That way they wouldnt have to worry about you having multiple copies, and they wouldn't be losing money to resale. Plus then you could download it again and again. Pretty elegant solution actually.

kjetil1991
June 4th, 2009, 06:37
I think i keep my psp thank you ;)