PDA

View Full Version : Next Gta Is Vice City Stories

wraggster
March 27th, 2006, 16:18
Source - CVG (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php?id=136279)

All hail the US patent office, source of stories galore on a wet Monday morning, and its latest collection of gems unveiled today, reveal what looks like the next incarnation of the mighty GTA series on handheld platforms.
Yup, it's GTA Vice City Stories a-go-go today as Rockstar publisher Take 2 has filed three patents in the US last week with that name. The first covers a future GTA Vice City Stories game, the second secures associated rights for t-shirts, headgear and assorted merchandising and finally and perhaps most intriguingly of all, a third trademark suggests either a Vice City Stories TV series or movie is in prospect.

After the success of Liberty City Stories (still our number one PSP game, though it's only just edging Fight Night Round 3), it's hardly a surprise to find that Vice City will be getting the full-on handheld love, given that's exactly what happened with Liberty City. It means Rockstar won't have to totally rebuild its original Vice City game world, but can take the Vice City erm, city and remodel and populate it with new stories, characters and missions for your delectation.
No word on when we might expect Vice City Stories to appear, but we'd hope to see it happening before the end of this year as a splendid PSP Christmas offering. Perhaps even more intriguing is the prospect of a GTA movie or TV series, suggestions for leads and movie treatments welcome in our comments field below.

Elsid
March 27th, 2006, 16:26
something ive been waiting for

Lebow
March 27th, 2006, 16:30
this osunds good

Mew
March 27th, 2006, 16:35
ok and the 3th GTA game for the PSP will be a "San Andreas Stories" :D

Anyway, I've been looking for another GTA title on my PSP ;>.

D0N
March 27th, 2006, 16:39
Hey dis looks kool! cant wait till we hear more news about wen it will actually be out

Billz
March 27th, 2006, 16:49
Don't know if i like the idea of GTA TV show, may end up dumbing down the violence !

bullhead
March 27th, 2006, 17:00
I dont want a city rebuild, fans dont want a rebuild. What we want is the slightly insecure feeling of new and dangerous territory. LCS did not offer this. I knew where everything was. vice stories will leave me with that same empty feeling. I was expecting an origional city. This is unfortunate news. The movie/tv show will be below average at best i expect.

vidgrip
March 27th, 2006, 18:26
I'd certainly prefer a movie to a tv series... maybe even Hot Coffee on the Spice Channel

rbervoets
March 27th, 2006, 18:53
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!

I wonder if edison is going to make a cheat device for this

Sharkey
March 27th, 2006, 19:04
You are really dumb if you didn't see this coming.
I heard something about this quite awhile back, I guess they must have officially announced it now.
Good to hear though, Vice is my favorite of the series since modding it on the pc for a couple years.
I'll be looking forward to the release, I probably should beat LCS first though.

smythe2005
March 27th, 2006, 20:14
i think its a fantastic idea as was bringing gta3 to psp in form of lcs like having an emu of gta but with new missions ect....

smythe

felonyr301
March 27th, 2006, 20:26
i dont mind this game i mean its the city you like but with a different twist and gta on the go is always a good thing ( on consoles it gets kinda boring for some reason on the go its so much better lol) its better than coming out with something totally new and being sucky you know and think about it only thing they missing now in gta is a futuristic world now like THE JETSONS something like that now that will be hott hopefully if they do that they can make it fun ...

felonyr301
March 27th, 2006, 20:27
futuristic world would probably would be capable of in the next gen consoles

Elsid
March 27th, 2006, 20:35
Peronally i think Vice City was the best GTA game ever made!!!!

bullhead
March 27th, 2006, 21:10
Peronally i think Vice City was the best GTA game ever made!!!!
I dont like your opinion. San andreas all the way! What? San Andreas all the way goddamnit!

gavind
March 27th, 2006, 22:04
i wonder if they will add some new features to the game, in Vice City could you swim? i cant remember, also they shud maybe add some of the things San Andreas has got like flying Jets and being able to steal farmers trucks and add cars to the back. if they are planning on a San Andreas PSP game after this then i guess they wouldnt add all that, a bit like what they did with LCS but it would still end up being the best PSP game when it came out, personally Vice City was my worst GTA out of the lot as i didnt like the way it was set in the past and i hated the islands, Vice City i liked better - GTA 3 still the ultimate tho.

Elsid
March 27th, 2006, 22:11
I dont like your opinion. San andreas all the way! What? San Andreas all the way goddamnit!

vice city was true gangster, nowadays it's all about pimp and G'ed up. get me.

drew4237
March 27th, 2006, 22:11
huh u just said that u hated vice city but then u said u liked it better

felonyr301
March 27th, 2006, 22:32
lol i think he made a typo anyways i strongly agreed with gavind on gta3 is the best of the series the original is the best always love that city ( and yes i know gta 3 is really not original but gta 1 and 2 dont count in my book lol)

felonyr301
March 27th, 2006, 22:34
what the hell heres my order from best to least ... gta 3 , san andreas, vice city

bullhead
March 27th, 2006, 23:11
lol i think he made a typo anyways i strongly agreed with gavind on gta3 is the best of the series the original is the best always love that city ( and yes i know gta 3 is really not original but gta 1 and 2 dont count in my book lol)
Im not being cynical or anything, but does anyone think some people say the origional is always the best just to be retro. I mean no PS2 game has come that close to the sheer complexity of san andreas. It clearly is a better game than gta3. Isnt it?

Voltron
March 27th, 2006, 23:43
Yeah, GTA3 for PS2 was the best. San Andreas sucks. Theres nothing more annoying than a bunch of homie-G-gangsters running around like, "yo wuddup my niGGa, wuts poppin'... holla at yo boooooy!" And why can't ghetto people say the word ASK? Its always.... "Yo lemme AXE you a question." --- Anyway, I find no positive result in playing a game that emulate the lowest people of society. Gangsters that will rape your sister or girlfriend, crackhead parents that would sell or pimp their kids for dope, hip hop rappers, Little thug wannabe's that will mug and kill innocent people over an iPod or $50.00, etc. etc. I guess its become "cool & accepted" in society. Its all over the place not just in games.

ha ha. Sorry. Just in a bad mood and thought I'd go into detail why I never cared for San Andreas. Keep expanding on Liberty City or something new entirely. Vice City was not all that bad either.

felonyr301
March 27th, 2006, 23:52
its not that is that at the time when gta 3 was out it was an incredible experience in my opioion but playing gta san andreas at the time when it came out wasnt all that hot you know i mean look at halo 2 its not better than halo in regards to single player considering it was half ass compare to halo 1 and the way it played the story line but compare halo 2 to other fps games in the xbox and halo 2 might just be in your case in sheer complexity the best see what i mean and multiplayer is another topic (halo 2 is better in that cause of live)

Privateer
March 28th, 2006, 05:48
Vice City's story was much better than San Andrea's, but the gameplay is San Andrea's was better. The stats system, the posse system, and the ability to actually jump (who coulda thought!?) are some key highlights.

kcc86
March 28th, 2006, 06:05
Yeah, GTA3 for PS2 was the best. San Andreas sucks. Theres nothing more annoying than a bunch of homie-G-gangsters running around like, "yo wuddup my niGGa, wuts poppin'... holla at yo boooooy!" And why can't ghetto people say the word ASK? Its always.... "Yo lemme AXE you a question." --- Anyway, I find no positive result in playing a game that emulate the lowest people of society. Gangsters that will rape your sister or girlfriend, crackhead parents that would sell or pimp their kids for dope, hip hop rappers, Little thug wannabe's that will mug and kill innocent people over an iPod or $50.00, etc. etc. I guess its become "cool & accepted" in society. Its all over the place not just in games

I agree with your opinion on that. But I have to say, the gameplay was great. All the little details made the game really enjoyable. I understand what you're trying to say, but I mean, games like these are suppose to be played by responsible adults that aren't worshippers of 50 cent or whoever those fake gangsters are. iono what im talking about, i need sleep.

smythe2005
March 28th, 2006, 10:50
they were all better than the driver series (allthogh i would not poopoo them if they wanted to release on psp)
i got admit i did really like the vice city's 80's miami vice style....

smythe

Elsid
March 29th, 2006, 17:27
only if in this vice city you have all the abillaties to do in san andreas, like swim and change clothes propriatly.