PDA

View Full Version : PSPX48: a HP48 Calculator emulator v1.0.3

zx-81
March 27th, 2006, 20:17
Hi all,

Here is a new release of the HP48 emulator for PSP.

There is no major change, only a bug fix for FW 2.0, so there is no need to update/download only if it wasn't working before on your PSP.

CousinWeb gave me his PSP today with a FW 2.0 and i've fixed the bug that froze PSPX48 at startup (Many thanks to him :) !)

As always, the package is under GPL Copyright and sources are included.

As PSPXTI v1.0.4, for me this is the final release, i won't work any more on this homebrew (only if major bugs are found).

The new README file included in the archive should answer most of all your questions. ;)

Enjoy,

Zx.

wraggster
March 27th, 2006, 20:41
awesome :)

felonyr301
March 27th, 2006, 21:20
zx 81 i want your opinion on which calculator emulator you did is the best one you know your best achievement ?

zx-81
March 27th, 2006, 21:32
The best from a technical point of view is the TI92 emulator.

But i prefer HP calculator even if HP48 is less powerfull than TI92, because this the one i had along all my study, and i still use it today :D

edit: two good points for PSPX48 is that first the LCD is bigger, and second it is more convenient to use with PSP Analog Pad cursor :)

Jay_PSP
March 28th, 2006, 14:29
Is it possible with this to load programs in it like ALG48 or Erable?

How about loading a memory dump from emu48?

zx-81
March 28th, 2006, 15:26
It's not possible (yet?) to load programs. :(

It wasn't possible to load programs even with the X48 unix version (or only by using serial port, and i've never succeed to make it work).

A emu48 memory dump loader is less complex to do, and that's may be the solution in a short futur :)