PDA

View Full Version : Metareview: Metal Gear Acid 2

wraggster
March 27th, 2006, 19:43
Source - PSPFanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2006/03/26/metareview-metal-gear-acid-2/)

Lots of Metal Gear Solid fans freaked out when they found out that the PSP-exclusive rendition of their favorite series was turned into a strategic, card-based game more similar to Pokemon than Splinter Cell. Fortunately, the game was received somewhat well by the general gaming population, and undoubtedly led to the creation of a sequel, Metal Gear Acid 2, less than a year later. But is the follow-up still worth looking into? Most everyone says, "Uh, I guess so."

Metal Gear Acid 2 features a gaggle of new cards as well as smoother, more refined game play. Although if you never took a shine to Metal Gear Acid's style of play, it's safe to say that its sequel won't impress you much either. The addition of the gimmicky but workable Solid Eye peripheral may sway a few skeptics out there, however we really can't imagine anyone would feel particularly enthused about the game based solely on the add-on's inclusion. But hey, if you love Snake's mullet enough, half a day staring at a screen smooshed a few inches from your face may be an endeavor not too difficult to manage.

1UP (9.0 / 10) - "It still won't be everyone's cup of tea, but if strategy, gambling, comic books, and espionage are high on your gaming wish list, this might be the perfect portable title for your needs."
GamePro (4.0 / 5) - "With all the improvements and tweaks to the gameplay system, it's hard to really find anything really drastically wrong with the game other than personal taste. If you have the patients [sic] to play a methodical strategy game wrapped around an action game facade then Acid 2 is for you."
GameSpy (4.0 / 5) - "Metal Gear Acid 2 shows that the switch to turn-based play was a sound one, after ironing out the wrinkles in the first game. This time around, you'll play MGA 2 not for the name on the box, but for the content inside -- and you'll leave much happier."

benny blanco
March 27th, 2006, 19:53
Hideo Kojima is out of his mind. Takin an adult game and makin it pokemon. MGA1 sucked so bad i threw it off the tappan zee bridge. You suck Hideo, updates for the psp suck and MGA2 is gonna suck even worse than the first. So if your reading this Kojima, get your stuff together and retire, because you forgot about the real fans...

PSP 1.0
2gb duo
endless possibilities

felonyr301
March 27th, 2006, 20:18
not to say this game is bad but come on bring out the real metal gear even if it means an update to the first one from the ps1 (arguably the best in the series to me) ill buy it in a heart beat

PeterM
March 27th, 2006, 20:27
Yowch, you guys are bitter. You forget that Konami don't owe you a new Metal Gear game...

I really enjoyed playing MGA 1. But then I like strategy games.

felonyr301
March 27th, 2006, 22:09
in the business world its not about owing you anything its about giving what the people want if the business you in want any money..

felonyr301
March 27th, 2006, 22:11
supply and demand ... i DEMAND konami to SUPPLY me with the game man its a no brainer easy money to be made everybody is happy

SkankinMonkey
March 28th, 2006, 01:17
I wouldn't really compare this game to pokemon in any aspects. Collecting the cards in this game is like collecting weapons in other MG games, or even searching for magic spells or armor in other RPG's.

I like it, I'm a strategy game fan, a sneaking game fan, and an rpg fan, this game combines all 3 of these genre's rather well in my opinion.

Zadam
March 28th, 2006, 06:28
Although I can't say I liked it quite as much as previous MG titles, I did thoroughly enjoy MGA1, and am eagerly looking forward to playing number 2. All you die hard fans need to be a little more open minded about these things. Change isnt always a bad thing, and a lack of change sometimes CAN be a bad thing. At least they had the guts to try and create "something new" rather than pumping out the same thing over and over (something the gaming industry does all too regularly IMHO).

benny blanco
March 28th, 2006, 07:58
You have got to be brain-dead to enjoy this game :eek: . I cant wait till Sony releases there ps1 emulator :rolleyes: , then we can enjoy a real game like Metal Gear Solid on the PSP :p . Unless you can have control of the Character with the directional buttons instead of using cards, its gonna be lame ;) . Have some characters actually talking :mad: . I had no problem with the art or graphics :) . But come on :( , talk about boring :mad: ...

Zadam
April 21st, 2006, 05:18
Thats an extremely arrogant and ignorant thing to say. Gotta be brain dead to enjoy this game? I say you gotta be brain dead to make such a comment. You obviously cannot grasp the concept of people liking different things, and assume that anything that you don't like, must be crap. This is of course a sure sign of someone who is very close minded and low in maturity/intelligence...