PDA

View Full Version : Yabause Wii Unofficial Modified 0.9.10 - Sega Saturn Emulator For Nintendo Wii

wraggster
June 3rd, 2009, 23:24
News/release from WiiBrew (http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_apps/Yabause_Wii)

Yabause Wii is a Sega Saturn emulator for wii and is the first of its kind as emulating the complex processes of the Sega Saturn is much harder then it looks and now even harder to run it on the limited hardware of the wii. Yabause Wii can now run a small number of commercial games at usable speeds (5-10fps) were it is still possible to play the game.

Unofficial Modified 0.9.10:

Unofficial Yabause 0.9.10 with game selection submenu version.

How to set up

1) Copy the contens in the SD_root to your SD or SDHC card.

2) Copy game roms files (.cue with .bin or .iso) to SSROMS directory.

extra) If you like, copy the bios file of the Sega Saturn to SSROMS directory as the name "bios.bin".(But, I think the bios file is not needed to this version.) I recommend no using the bios, because I think you waste of time.

How to use

Load this emulator by a loader such as the homebrew channel.

At first, select the "Load ISO/CUE" menu.

Then, the game files in the SSROMS directory are displayed.

Second, select an game.

Then, you return to the main menu.

Finally, select the "Start emulation".

Known bugs (specifications?)

The menu items "Settings" and "About" are fake. When you return to main menu from a game emulation by pressing the home button, you cannot restart the game, and cannot start the other games. Please come back to a loader menu by selecting the menu items "Exit".

Brief Change Log

%Jun. 2, 2009 ver.

-based on the original yabause 0.9.10

-set DRAM32BIT Cart

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

goshogun1
June 4th, 2009, 01:40
I like the sound of this. Going to try it out on a few games, and see what happens. Not expecting much, but its worth a try. Thanks! :D

BlueCrab
June 4th, 2009, 16:20
Just clarifying (for the rest of the Yabause team), that this is not an official release, and that there is no support for it (from us). If the person who released the binary wants to support it, that is one thing, but we do not support it.